How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-08-2005
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy-t1
Oh thanks for the info!!

I was just curious as she has very white skin. Arabs have a darker skin tone right? (BTW what is org? )

I'm very surprised that she can get away with wearing clothes like that. I know she is modestly dressed but Muslim women have to be covered..head to toe (not the face). I suppose the Jordanian royal family are not very strict....I don't think this would be allowed if she was part of the Saudi royal family.......

Does anyone know what tradiational Arabic clothes are for women?
Just as there are huge variations in the Christian community wrt dress (from the Amish to Janet Jackson, who was raised anyhow Jehovah's Witness) ... the Muslim community is no different. Jordan is known for being liberal.

As far as skintone, think about the range you see in people with African heritage ... everything from blue-eyed fair to very dark skin. Arabs are no different--there's quite a range.

03-08-2005
Away From Here

definitly, muslim women's clothing differs according to their own choices or expectations - i wear a headscarf sometimes, and generally dress fairly modestly, but i definitly don't cover "head-to-toe"...., but then my sister-in-law wears like long skirts, etc. it varies so much, especially in the Canadian community, and i love that...

03-08-2005
G86
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta
Just as there are huge variations in the Christian community wrt dress (from the Amish to Janet Jackson, who was raised anyhow Jehovah's Witness) ... the Muslim community is no different. Jordan is known for being liberal.

As far as skintone, think about the range you see in people with African heritage ... everything from blue-eyed fair to very dark skin. Arabs are no different--there's quite a range.
that's right
i am arabian and my skintone is just like hers .. but some of my friends have darker skins and others have lighter.. my best friend is blonde! and she's 100% arab

03-08-2005
G86
front row

Quote:
Oh thanks for the info!!

I was just curious as she has very white skin. Arabs have a darker skin tone right? (BTW what is org? )

I'm very surprised that she can get away with wearing clothes like that. I know she is modestly dressed but Muslim women have to be covered..head to toe (not the face). I suppose the Jordanian royal family are not very strict....I don't think this would be allowed if she was part of the Saudi royal family.......

Does anyone know what tradiational Arabic clothes are for women?
it depends weather she's muslim or not.. in saudi arabia and gulf countries women usualy wear the tradiational (abaya) which is like a black long coat with a scarf.. some of them cover thier faces but most of them don't.. but other arab countries women just wear whatever they want .. but if she's muslim she'd have to cover her hair and wear a decent outfit ..

03-08-2005
fashion elite

^ so then she is Muslim?

G86
front row

yes i think so!

03-08-2005
G86
front row

some muslims just don't cover the hair.. there's an order to do so but u know .. some of them just don't.

03-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by odelia
The skin color of Arabs varies from one person to the other. There isn't a "typical" Arab. "Org" means originally.

I'm not sure I understood your last question, can you maybe clarify?
As in, what do Arab women wear?

03-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by G86
some muslims just don't cover the hair.. there's an order to do so but u know .. some of them just don't.
but living in a 'Muslim country' she would have to wear a headscarf. But that's not what I was getting at before. She wears skirts and shows alot of skin...I'm just surprised the whole Muslim nation hasn't been in an uproar.

Plastic Girl's Wife: yes she is Muslim

03-08-2005
G86
front row

she doesn't show alot of skin.. she's decent and that's what a normal Jordanian women would probably wear .. some muslims (living in a muslim county) even wear more revealing cloths.. muslims are not that uptight

03-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by G86
she doesn't show alot of skin.. she's decent and that's what a normal Jordanian women would probably wear .. some muslims (living in a muslim county) even wear more revealing cloths.. muslims are not that uptight
I'm not criticising Muslims....please don't get me wrong....
and yes she does wear decent clothes

03-08-2005
███████████████

Who have more photos of VogueUs 2001 by Mario Testino of Rania pleaseeee thanks in advance

03-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
As in, what do Arab women wear?
some cover up and some wear what you and me would wear. again depends on the person.

04-08-2005
███████████████

odelia very thanks for the photos

04-08-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by testinofan
odelia very thanks for the photos
no prob, did the ones i sent to your e-mail work?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jordan, queen, rania