How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-02-2008
fashion elite

Wow.. that's really embarrassing. Those Twilight moms seem crazy. Not to mention Rpatz looks high as a kite.

27-02-2008
V.I.P.

Those women are embarrassing & how are they allowed on the set to bother people like that?

27-02-2008
front row

They technically aren't allowed in but since they aren't teenagers it's not that obvious they are just lurking around the set. It took me just one time to visit their forum to decide i don't want to anymore

Evening Standard Magazine, February 2008 issue. (Robert-Pattinson.net)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg evening_standard_feb08_01.jpg (234.7 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg evening_standard_feb08_02.jpg (149.6 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg evening_standard_feb08_06.jpg (200.6 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg evening_standard_feb08_05.jpg (161.0 KB, 45 views)

27-02-2008
backstage pass

He actually looks like a right plonker with his electrified hair.

27-02-2008
V.I.P.

Maybe he just woke up...it wouldn't surprise me if those 'moms' had knocked on his trailer & ambushed him

27-02-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacroix View Post
Maybe he just woke up...it wouldn't surprise me if those 'moms' had knocked on his trailer & ambushed him
It wouldn't surprise me either! He looks good nonetheless.

27-02-2008
front row

Robert looks great, especially with that hair. It's better to read the article from TwilightMoms first, in which it is clearly explained that the moms didn't really ambush him! Besides, I don't see how that's embarrasing.

It just makes me sad, because Robert didn't want to take the picture in the first place, because he said that he was going to be made fun of. It's disappointing when someone puts the effort into placing a photo on this thread, and then many negative remarks are made.

27-02-2008
ˇvamos Rafa!

I actually love the hair and think he looks really good!

Thank you fashionspot2000 for the pic

27-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionspot2000 View Post
Robert looks great, especially with that hair. It's better to read the article from TwilightMoms first, in which it is clearly explained that the moms didn't really ambush him! Besides, I don't see how that's embarrasing.

It just makes me sad, because Robert didn't want to take the picture in the first place, because he said that he was going to be made fun of. It's disappointing when someone puts the effort into placing a photo on this thread, and then many negative remarks are made.
The ambushing thing was clearly a joke...and I guess some people do find it embarrassing, I mean they're holding that sign up and it's...awkward and just...NO.

Who made fun of Robert?? Geez, lighten up maybe? This is a thread where different opinions are going to exist, I don't see how you think it's disappointing that you supposedly wasted your time with that picture when people are making general and perfectly acceptable commets. Urgh, whatever.

27-02-2008
tfs star

I don't think that fashionspot2000 was only referring to her picture. After all, it is not so hard to post a picture, which was not the point she was making, at least I don't think. The point, the way I see it, is that we as members post things in the threads not for our own benefit. WE have seen the pictures already. We post it to share and bestow the amazing joy of seeing the new media for fellow tFSer's, and we do it in a kind and respectful manner. I don't see how jumping with pitchforks and daggers on the women, who are to thank for taking the photo and being brave enough to approach the actors and talk to them, is being respectful to neither the tFSer who shared the picture, nor to the subjects in it.

Also, I have been drifting on the twilightmoms forums quite a bit lately and I don't see how that place is so terrible. For one, the posts there are much nicer and more mature than the ones here. And for another, the women in the photo live around the area, and let me guess, if you lived there, you wouldn't be tempted to visit? If any Robert or "Twilight" fan says that they would just sit in their houses and not even peak at the set in their area are lying to somebody, perhaps to themselves.

And like I have said in the first paragraph, the women who took the photo did not HAVE to share the photos of them with Rob and the other cast members with the Internet. I somehow doubt that they wanted some "15 minutes of fame." They shared the pictures and the story behind them because I assume they thought that fellow Twilight fans would appreciate hearing and seeing updates on the progress of the movie and the cast, and they thought right.

I, for one, love the picture, and Robert is in it. However, I am with fashionspot again on the fact that I don't see what is so embarassing about the twilight moms. If you are referring to their physical appearance, then that is pathetic. Wow, somebody does not look like a model, and somebody has children. What is happening to the world?? They should be embarassed to even look at an actor, let alone ambush him at his work!!

Perhaps some people really should take Lacroix' advice, and lighten up, because I don't see how criticizing everybody within visual parameters is being light and happy and positive. I realize that this is a fashion forum and all, but everything does not have to be about "oooh, pretty!!!" "ooooh, bones and perfect cheekbones!" Some things are more important, and I don't see how a candid shot of fans with an actor is grounds for such fervent critique.

'Nuff said.

Note to moderators: I hope that wasn't out of line. If it was, I apologize, and feel free to delete the offending line. However, I do not think that the post is argumentative or offensive, and should therefore not be omitted for expressing a defending opinion. Besides, some things are best left said.

Last edited by style_star; 27-02-2008 at 09:01 PM.

27-02-2008
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_star View Post
I don't think that fashionspot2000 was only referring to her picture. After all, it is not so hard to post a picture, which was not the point she was making, at least I don't think. The point, the way I see it, is that we as members post things in the threads not for our own benefit. WE have seen the pictures already. We post it to share and bestow the amazing joy of seeing the new media for fellow tFSer's, and we do it in a kind and respectful manner. I don't see how jumping with pitchforks and daggers on the women, who are to thank for taking the photo and being brave enough to approach the actors and talk to them, is being respectful to neither the tFSer who shared the picture, nor to the subjects in it.

Also, I have been drifting on the twilightmoms forums quite a bit lately and I don't see how that place is so terrible. For one, the posts there are much nicer and more mature than the ones here. And for another, the women in the photo live around the area, and let me guess, if you lived there, you wouldn't be tempted to visit? If any Robert or "Twilight" fan says that they would just sit in their houses and not even peak at the set in their area are lying to somebody, perhaps to themselves.

And like I have said in the first paragraph, the women who took the photo did not HAVE to share the photos of them with Rob and the other cast members with the Internet. I somehow doubt that they wanted some "15 minutes of fame." They shared the pictures and the story behind them because I assume they thought that fellow Twilight fans would appreciate hearing and seeing updates on the progress of the movie and the cast, and they thought right.

I, for one, love the picture, and Robert is in it. However, I am with fashionspot again on the fact that I don't see what is so embarassing about the twilight moms. If you are referring to their physical appearance, then that is pathetic. Wow, somebody does not look like a model, and somebody has children. What is happening to the world?? They should be embarassed to even look at an actor, let alone ambush him at his work!!

Perhaps some people really should take Lacroix' advice, and lighten up, because I don't see how criticizing everybody within visual parameters is being light and happy and positive. I realize that this is a fashion forum and all, but everything does not have to be about "oooh, pretty!!!" "ooooh, bones and perfect cheekbones!" Some things are more important, and I don't see how a candid shot of fans with an actor is grounds for such fervent critique.

'Nuff said.

Note to moderators: I hope that wasn't out of line. If it was, I apologize, and feel free to delete the offending line. However, I do not think that the post is argumentative or offensive, and should therefore not be omitted for expressing a defending opinion. Besides, some things are best left said.
I don't know if you mentioned me in there but the reason I said "Wow, that's embarrassing" is because they are holding up a TwilightMoms sign. Not because of anyone's looks. I just think it's a bit immature seeing as how these older fans (moms!) are running around the set (which clearly isn't allowed) getting all of these pictures while holding silly "I who ever" signs.

27-02-2008
backstage pass

Well...look at that hair! Girl Squee! I know things got a tiny bit serious in here but, damn, look at that bed-head!

I swear, I scream every time I see this thread on the first page. I'm suscribing.

27-02-2008
scenester

people can do what the hell they want and choose how to spend their time however they want

just because it is something you wouldnt spend your time doing doesnt mean its silly embarassing or weird. stop being so judgemental. if they are happy and not hurting anyone whats the problem?

theres a new photo of robert with stephenie meyer + kristin heres the link
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight_movie.html

27-02-2008
V.I.P.

^and we can choose to express our opinions and judge however we want.

But satisfaction brought it back

27-02-2008
front row

^And so the cycle continues...

On another note, Robert looks like a hot vampire in the pic with Stephenie Meyer. I hope that we'll get some new photos soon.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2009, june, november, pattinson, robert