How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_star View Post
I don't think that fashionspot2000 was only referring to her picture. After all, it is not so hard to post a picture, which was not the point she was making, at least I don't think. The point, the way I see it, is that we as members post things in the threads not for our own benefit. WE have seen the pictures already. We post it to share and bestow the amazing joy of seeing the new media for fellow tFSer's, and we do it in a kind and respectful manner. I don't see how jumping with pitchforks and daggers on the women, who are to thank for taking the photo and being brave enough to approach the actors and talk to them, is being respectful to neither the tFSer who shared the picture, nor to the subjects in it.

Also, I have been drifting on the twilightmoms forums quite a bit lately and I don't see how that place is so terrible. For one, the posts there are much nicer and more mature than the ones here. And for another, the women in the photo live around the area, and let me guess, if you lived there, you wouldn't be tempted to visit? If any Robert or "Twilight" fan says that they would just sit in their houses and not even peak at the set in their area are lying to somebody, perhaps to themselves.

And like I have said in the first paragraph, the women who took the photo did not HAVE to share the photos of them with Rob and the other cast members with the Internet. I somehow doubt that they wanted some "15 minutes of fame." They shared the pictures and the story behind them because I assume they thought that fellow Twilight fans would appreciate hearing and seeing updates on the progress of the movie and the cast, and they thought right.

I, for one, love the picture, and Robert is in it. However, I am with fashionspot again on the fact that I don't see what is so embarassing about the twilight moms. If you are referring to their physical appearance, then that is pathetic. Wow, somebody does not look like a model, and somebody has children. What is happening to the world?? They should be embarassed to even look at an actor, let alone ambush him at his work!!

Perhaps some people really should take Lacroix' advice, and lighten up, because I don't see how criticizing everybody within visual parameters is being light and happy and positive. I realize that this is a fashion forum and all, but everything does not have to be about "oooh, pretty!!!" "ooooh, bones and perfect cheekbones!" Some things are more important, and I don't see how a candid shot of fans with an actor is grounds for such fervent critique.

'Nuff said.

Note to moderators: I hope that wasn't out of line. If it was, I apologize, and feel free to delete the offending line. However, I do not think that the post is argumentative or offensive, and should therefore not be omitted for expressing a defending opinion. Besides, some things are best left said.
Wait- who said anything bad to fashionspot2000 for posting?? We (or I, at least) weren't berating her for posting that picture, we were simply commenting on the picture itself. I don't see what the issue here is at all. So some think the picture is 'awkward' or 'embarrassing'? So what? Everybodies allowed opnions, it'd be a boring world if everyone thought the same, and I'm not going to feel as if I shouldnt have said that because I believe it.

Ok, so you want a reason why it's embarrsing- and no, give me more credit that it isnt about the looks- it's the fact that they're standing with that sign- it just seems to me embarrasing. End of. That picture is what it is- nothing else, not them or their lives or anything else you may throw into the mix, just the pictures. My word

28-02-2008
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacroix View Post
Wait- who said anything bad to fashionspot2000 for posting?? We (or I, at least) weren't berating her for posting that picture, we were simply commenting on the picture itself. I don't see what the issue here is at all. So some think the picture is 'awkward' or 'embarrassing'? So what? Everybodies allowed opnions, it'd be a boring world if everyone thought the same, and I'm not going to feel as if I shouldnt have said that because I believe it.

Ok, so you want a reason why it's embarrsing- and no, give me more credit that it isnt about the looks- it's the fact that they're standing with that sign- it just seems to me embarrasing. End of. That picture is what it is- nothing else, not them or their lives or anything else you may throw into the mix, just the pictures. My word
Exactly what I was trying to say, thank you Lacroix.

28-02-2008
tfs star

Quote:

Fashionspot merely said that it sucks when you post something and everybody jumps on it. And I do recall you saying this in return:

Quote:
Who made fun of Robert?? Geez, lighten up maybe? This is a thread where different opinions are going to exist, I don't see how you think it's disappointing that you supposedly wasted your time with that picture when people are making general and perfectly acceptable commets. Urgh, whatever.
What she said was that Robert himself did not want to have his picture taken because he received loads of angry fan mail telling him how hated he was for being cast as Edward, and that he did not want to be made fun of for looking bad at the moment that the twilight moms met him.

In no way is that saying that YOU are making fun of him (although that has been true throughout much of the twilight related threads collectively).

It's just that it isn't the first time that this happens on tFS. You post something to share with the other members, and they jump on it and pick it apart a million times, as if you did them a personal offense by posting the media in the first place. I just don't see how difficult it is to be respectful when voicing your opinion. I mean, say I posted a photo or link or something, and I cheerfullly said "oh yeah, I think that that is a nice place to shoot twilight for!" And everybody attacks the post with "Are you kidding me??!!EWW! Too much green!!" "GROSS!" "yuckers!" "bad taste" "" then what is the point in being a civilized forum at all?

It's really off putting, and like I said, it isn't the first time and it's always more or less the same members doing it. I don't mean to turn this thread into a debate or an argument or anything, but it is really frustrating and infuriating when the same harsh criticism is thrown left and right in a non constructive way whatsoever.

And it really would be nice if we could move on to more Robert, seeing as it is his thread, and not be total pricks about it while doing so.

Style_star, out.

Last edited by style_star; 28-02-2008 at 06:54 PM.

28-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_star View Post
In no way is that saying that YOU are making fun of him (although that has been true throughout much of the twilight related threads collectively).
This is the last time I'll comment on this matter again.

I'm baffled that this is an issue or has been pointed out- why does it matter that I have? He's been cast in a huge role, there will of course be huge debate on that matter. The sad thing is, I actually liked Robert a lot prior to all this Twilight stuff (No, actually, I still do) I just didn't see him as Edward...urgh anyway

Also, this a forum, if we can't say 'Oh, I don't like so and so for this role' or whatever else, where can we say it?? Thats what forums are for, no? To post opinions, comments, positive or not.

28-02-2008
front row

Everyone, thanks for your opinions and now let's move on from this matter!!!!

28-02-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess View Post
^and we can choose to express our opinions and judge however we want.
yes that is exactly right! you (not you directly) can be judgmental if you want, if you like pointing out peoples flaws and making insults that is your choice

god hating and being rude is so so much fun

this is the last i will comment on this matter

----------
i really hope we get to see photos of robert shooting the film

28-02-2008
front row

Some of you guys are really ridiculous. If you can't even grow some balls and say the name of the person who's causing an issue then don't say anything at all. God forbid someone has an opinion around here.

I think Robert's hair looks pretty good, I'm actually surprised they dyed it at all. I like the scans of him with dark hair though. Blonde doesn't suit him at all.

27-03-2008
PrettySmileyStew ♥

so.. i recently fell in love with robert ..

27-03-2008
PrettySmileyStew ♥

set of Twilight1: http://amhphotography.typepad.com/ph...ama/index.html set of Twilight2: http://www.panoramio.com/user/345439...&photos_page=1 set of Twilight3: http://pics.livejournal.com/readtoruin/ a lot of them are probably the same, but just a few sites with different pictures of him and the others. mostly him

27-03-2008
PrettySmileyStew ♥

and a few cute stories of him on set: http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums...set-t4589.html and http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums...ies-t3998.html

30-03-2008
scenester

haha same here!

pics from http://pics.livejournal.com/readtoruin/
as an incentive to look at the links :p

30-03-2008
PrettySmileyStew ♥

I recently watched The Bad Mothers Handbook, and I loved his character. He can certainly pull off the lanky, awkward, nerdy guy. screencaps: http://www.robert-pattinson.co.uk/ga...s.php?album=17

01-04-2008
V.I.P.

I think this autograph was sweet, like what he wrote

robert-pattinson.co.uk

01-04-2008
front row

That girl is so lucky!!

02-04-2008
PrettySmileyStew ♥

i wanna kiss from rob

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »