How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-06-2009
fashion icon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9pFZ8xnrT4

Well, in this video, he seems sarcastic about being celibate. But IDK...

05-06-2009
fashion icon

Found this on pattinsonlife:

Quote:

Jeff Buckley Biopic Back on Track for 2010 Release, Possible Leads Include Jared Leto, James Franco and Robert Pattinson
- exclaim.ca
Although Franco looks more like Buckley physically, I wouldn't mind seeing Rob play this. I actually think he'd be great for the role. But I have no idea how he will squeeze this in his schedule.

05-06-2009
V.I.P.

As much as I think Rob is talented as well as hot, he doesn´t have much cred in the business right now. He´s only done Twilight in the US, I don´t think he´ll get jobs like the Buckley or gangster movies if he´s up against Di Caprio or even Franco. We´ll have to wait for his other movies to come out to see if he has that sort of power. Right now, if his fan base are 12 year olds there´s no guarantee that he´ll attract audience to any movie that´s PG18.
Like I said before, I can´t wait for all the Twilight movies to be over so he can work in more challeging projects.

I found this article on eonline.com, unfortunately I have to agree

Who's Bigger: Rob Pattinson or Shia LaBeouf?

You people are not going to like this. And I am so gonna love this.
You want me to talk about Robert Pattinson. You want me to wax forth about his irresistible cadaver complexion, and his Englishy English accent, and his hair, which is so vertical it can pick up radio waves from any lonely 12-year-old heart on planet Earth.
Sure, I’ll talk about him.
Here’s the truth: He is nowhere near the “hottest” twentysomething actor on the planet, at least, in the eyes of producers, directors, casting execs and me.
Outside of the bubble of tabloids—and, um, E!—Pattz has little traction with the people who count. In fact, among the power players, several other young actors are kicking Pattz’ concave buttocks…
Let’s start with worldwide bankability—the ability to sell or greenlight a movie based on name, or face recognition, or reputation. Pattinson isn’t even in the top 10.
According to the Ulmer Scale, which measures international star power, Will Smith, Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp are still the top three actors; even Will Ferrell is in the top 10, along with Nic Cage, Russell Crowe and George Clooney.
As for the under-30 set, Shia LaBeouf has way more power than Pattz. Factoring in every type of movie budget, from indie to blockbuster, LaBeouf scores a 226 of 300, compared with Zefron’s 206, James Franco’s 183—and Pattinson’s 174. And just in case you’re wondering if Ulmer’s research is outdated, these numbers came out last month.
“I don’t think he’s ready to carry a big-budget movie on his own,” James Ulmer, the creator of the scale, tells me. “I don’t think vampire sequels may have legs as long as action franchises in the marketplace.”
Before you pummel Ulmer, you should know that most casting directors agree with him. For a good casting exec, rising actor Emile Hirsch (who played Cleve Jones in Milk) holds much more interest that Pattz.
“It’s up to producers to think about bankability,” Cricket Feet casting exec Bonnie Gillespie explains to me. “But it’s up to casting directors to look at an actor’s depth. Hirsch has been on my list for a while—I hear he is great to work with—and Franco really has Paul Newman-level acting chops.”
Sure, children, Pattz has plenty of talent—but a moonlike ability to reflect light doesn’t count when tallying Hollywood hotness.

Last edited by kokobombon; 05-06-2009 at 11:26 AM.

05-06-2009
V.I.P.

I think this pic is new... (?)

robertpattinsonsource.org

05-06-2009
tfs star

^it is!
how cute
i loved the outfit she wore tot that teen people(i guess that was the mag that photoshoot was for) and rob looked good too

05-06-2009
fashion icon

^^ To echo a comment I read: Well honestly, I don't think it was fair of that article to compare Rob's career/bankability with that of Will Smith, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, etc. They've been around for so long and have done so many movies. Even Shia and Emile have done a lot more. Just the fact that Rob is even being compared to them speaks volumes. Cause he's topbilled ONE popular movie. And had like 15 minutes of screentime in another. But look now. He's being offered movies here and there.
But yeah, I agree with Kokombon that I cannot wait to see his upcoming non-Twilight film projects so we can really see his versatility and staying power.

05-06-2009
backstage pass

yeah it's not fair to compare rob's career with these other guys because hi is just starting. although i think he has potential to beat all those young actors and become an icon like Brad and Depp. we will have to wait and see

about that Jeff movie...i think it might be just a rumor because rob said so many times that he wanted to play him in a movie. hope it's true though

05-06-2009
trendsetter

Teen Magazine Outtakes 2007

EdwardandBella.net

05-06-2009
V.I.P.

these shoes

thanks for posting crazybeautiful

05-06-2009
V.I.P.

Those shoes are ridicously ugly, what are they? slippers? lol

05-06-2009
backstage pass

Hah, cute pictures :p

05-06-2009
front row

Those shoes! My eyes!!

05-06-2009
tfs star

from twitter:
Quote:
Where's Rob? Update (since deets r leaking): We hear he left NYC 2 do photoshoot for certain high fashion mag. Is he back? Keep you posted.
twitter.com(user: RobPattzNews)

05-06-2009
windowshopping

he looks better with shorter hair

05-06-2009
fashion icon

^^ Vanity Fair shoot, perhaps? They have a poll right now for 'who is the most handsome man in the world'. And Rob's already winning by a landslide. LOL. Vote here if you want: http://www.vanityfair.com/online/sty...the-world.html

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2009, june, november, pattinson, robert