How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-05-2012
V.I.P.

^He has 5 projects total: the band movie, Mission: Blacklist, The Rover and two more that we still know nothing about.

09-05-2012
tfs star

The other two could be Child 44 and Map To The Stars ( another Cronenberg project ) I can't remember the name of the two sites but they deal mainly with production info and they had his name attached to those two projects. But I don't know how reliable the info is. I guess we will find out eventually...

09-05-2012
V.I.P.

^Do you know what Child 44 is about?

09-05-2012
tfs star

Koko it's based on a book. A very good book in my opinion. This is the one I really hope happens. Here's some info on it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_44

wikipedia.org

09-05-2012
V.I.P.

^Thanks!
So itīs a trilogy, he can have work for a while

09-05-2012
V.I.P.

Rob on the Cover of Premiere France- May 2012

robpattinson blogspot

09-05-2012
front row

It is a really really great photoshoot. I think that it is his best since the Details one. It is also really cool that he came up with the concept on his own.

Apart from the greatness of the pics, I absolutely love the interview. Iíve got my little Ďawwí moment after reading it . He comes off as such a frank and smart guy in it. Itís great to see how much respect he has for Cronenberg.

09-05-2012
V.I.P.

Premiere also made the first Cosmopolis review, Rob already getting praise:

Quote:
New York is on war footing. The President of the USA is passing through and demonstrations are threating to drown Manhattan in chaos. Eric Packer, 28 years old millionaire, doesn't care. No matter what happens, he will go get his haircut on the other side of town.

We're not going to lie, whether we like David Cronenberg's recent movies, we were seriously missing the filmmaker of Videodrome and Crash. Pop open the champagne because he's back in every shot of Cosmopolis. Even though he's adapting someone else's work, the Canadian filmmaker recognized his young/offsprings in the novel of DeLillo. The absurd and persistent odyssey of a young wolf in finance who parades colleagues, mistresses and doctors in his high-tech limo. When he reaches his destination, he might be left with nothing (the Japanese currency threatens his wallet, his wife is more and distant, it's getting unbearable.) but the answer of the question that haunts him, without being able to articulate it: Can the one who possesses everything still desire anything else?

Cronenberg made sure that all his obsessions punctuate his route, whether they are intellectual (the search for 'another' reality) or carnal/physical (another scene that will make people talk, Packer learns that his prostate asymmetrical). Enthroned in the back seat of his limousine Robert Pattinson reveals a deepness that gets more & more fascinating as his character gets closer to hitting rock bottom/gets closer to the abyss. The fear that surrenders his face in the last moments doesn't belong only to this anti-hero that arrived at the point of no return, but it's also the fear of an actor who tests his limits with an unsuspected bravery. With a feverish and decadent ride in Hell, Cosmopolis proves that he's not done testing them.

10-05-2012
V.I.P.

Whoa that "Premiere" photoshoot is different. Don"t like the one of him up side down with that hole in his gut.

10-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
the pros of being a flight attendent. yes this is Robert Pattinson...and that is my aunt

@LiveLoveDANCE96 on twitter

10-05-2012
V.I.P.

Here is a comparison between Cronenberg movies and Rob's photoshoot:

Dead Ringers - 1988

Scanners - 1981

Videodrome - 1983

lunanuevameyer

10-05-2012
fashion icon

^ Dora, thanks for the comparison photos. I'm sure Cronenberg was flattered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
Whoa that "Premiere" photoshoot is different. Don"t like the one of him up side down with that hole in his gut.
But that's my favorite one!

10-05-2012
V.I.P.

oh so he's already kinda attached to next Cronenberg's project? that's good, means Cronenberg liked what he did with Cosmopolis.

i think he might be writing the Child 44 screenplay, he mentioned adapting a book few months ago, so i'm guessing that might be it. so he's probably already heading to Cannes, no?

fingers crossed for more good reviews. he needs it.

10-05-2012
tfs star

All the Cosmopolis stills now in HQ plus a few new ones. Love the first one

http://robpattinson.blogspot.com/201...ill-in-hq.html

robpattinson.blogspot.com

11-05-2012
V.I.P.

In London, at Gordon Ramsey's restaurant - May 10th - HQ

brandheroin.livejournal

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags