How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-05-2012
tfs star

Thanks Dora for the interview Another good one although they translated the last sentence wrong, well only one word he said actors not authors which makes more sense. I wonder when he will leave for Cannes? Cosmopolis isn't being shown till the 25th but he will be on Le Grand Journal on the 24th.

16-05-2012
V.I.P.

my guess is that he's in London until he hits the road to Cannes, he'll probably be there 2-3 days before (OTR premiere maybe?).

20-05-2012
V.I.P.

he's been mentioned for another project in Cannes, nothing set in stone yet tho.
it's "Hate mail" with Scarlett and Phillip Seymour Hoffman ().

Quote:
(Beneroya - the producer) .. he’s also financing the $11 million “Hate Mail,” with Scarlett Johansson, Robert Pattinson and Philip Seymour Hall.
they got the Hall part wrong tho
Quote:
'Hate Mail' Tagged as Drama.
Logline: Interweaving stories about several Manhattanites who encounter various iterations of hate mail.
Writers/Directors: Ryan Fleck, Anna Boden.
Producers: Jeremy Kipp, Walker Producer, Jaime Patricof, Paul Mezey, Ben Browning, Lynette Howell
also, a table of "grades" of Cannes movies has surfaced and Cosmopolis, so far, has the biggest score (9.5) as apparently it was screened to some critics. O_O i dunno if it's reliable enough tho.

Last edited by dajrekshn; 20-05-2012 at 09:50 AM.

20-05-2012
tfs star

The directors are the same ones that did Half Nelson with Ryan Gosling. Apparently that 9.5 score is only from one critic that writes for a Portuguese news paper but like you said no idea if it's reliable. Although it has gotten some really good reviews from top French publications

Last edited by Chloe24; 20-05-2012 at 12:05 PM.

20-05-2012
V.I.P.

this 9.5 thing is an average score (it's put in that column), so who knows..it is weird.lets hope he hooks up with good directors and that cosmopolis goes well. i can't wait to read reviews!

22-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Rob on the cover of Vanity Fair - Italy (Translated)
This is only a preview of the interview- the rest will be available on May 23th when the magazine hits shelfs.

Quote:
He likes to think of as cynical as the character he plays in Cosmopolis, his new film in competition at Cannes, “but the reality is that they are naive.” But the rest has clear ideas

Men in suits, bodyguard in mirrored sunglasses and earphones. The sky above Mahhattan is a gray and, during the two hours of Cosmopolis, will turn increasingly to black.
Eric Packer, golden boy of finance, enter into a limo and its driver, face sculpted by man of the Russian intelligence services, informs him that traffic was paralyzed for the visit of President of the United States. But he is not interested now just needs a good haircut, and the only barber in a position to satisfy the other side of town. (…)

Transpose into a Hollywood movie one of the most visionary novels of Don DeLillo – written in 2001, is a prophecy of Occupy Wall Street and everything that we are living – was an impossible task that only a director like David Cronenberg’s brave could succeed. And just as brave as a director David Cronenberg was reminded of entrusting the starring Robert Pattinson.

It is true that Pattinson is not only Twilight, the saga will end November 14 with
Breaking Dawn – Part 2: between one episode and others, has also starred in Remember Me (2010), Water for Elephants (2011) and the recent Bel Ami. But it is clear that a character like this can do for him the difference between staying anchored to the fangs of the vampire Edward Cullen and be admitted into the club of actors to Serie A.

In Cosmopolis – premiering at Cannes – Pattinson keeps the pallor that made fall in love all over the world, girls and boys grew up, the romantic air of Edward, however, has disappeared. (…)

Do you have any idea why David Cronenberg chose you?
I don’t, to be honest. But I never wondered why, I’m just happy he did.

In “Cosmopolis” there are sex scenes which are quite explicit: weren’t you embarrassed?
I was more nervous for the actresses. When a man takes off his clothes he may feel stupid, but in the end he enjoys himself. I think it’s different for a woman, more problematic.

In real life, are you more sweet or passionate?
Passionate, I hope.

One of your best friends, British actor Tom Sturridge, is having a baby with Sienna Miller. Would you like to become a father?
Sure. Not right now, but yes, of course.

Have you made any plans with Kristen yet?
Not yet. We haven’t planned anything.

Do you feel ready to move in with her?
[sings to hide the embarrassment] I’m ready for everything.
robstendreams

22-05-2012
V.I.P.

i think he could pull off that gucci. it's such a good suit.
i think that the velvet one he wore for one of the twi-premieres was also gucci and it was nothing close to a regular suit and he pulled it off big time, so...

either way, tux is almost 100% safe bet for his cosmopolis premiere.

22-05-2012
V.I.P.

^^Iīm loving the Z Zegna one, then Berluti

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

judging by the official pic (directors and actors in cannes today) poster, rob should make an appearance already today amongst others.

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Actor Robert Pattinson attends the 'On The Road' Premiere during the 65th Annual Cannes Film Festival at Palais des Festivals on May 23, 2012 in Cannes, France.

getty

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

He looks lovely, good suit tho it looks tad big on him i think. Will wait for the HQs.

23-05-2012
fashion insider

Hahah. I love that he almost fell into the water when he boarded a boat earlier today.

Love is fragile. And we're not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through and do the best we can. And hope this fragile thing survives against all odds.

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

i take what i said about the suit, it fits him perfectly. cannes really takes the best out of him.can't wait to see him in tux on friday.
now onto work

HQs - Going to the OTR premiere

robpattinsonlife.blogspot.com

Last edited by dajrekshn; 23-05-2012 at 05:23 PM.

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

At the premiere:

robpatttinsonlife.blogspot.com

23-05-2012
V.I.P.

^^Bond flashbacks

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, november, october, pattinson, robert