How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-08-2012
V.I.P.

this suit is great, i love the blue tie.

14-08-2012
fashion insider

He's looking great!

Love is fragile. And we're not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through and do the best we can. And hope this fragile thing survives against all odds.

14-08-2012
front row

Well, dang, he sure is looking dapper. Now let's move on to the true agenda: I'm anxious to see how Cosmopolis will fair now, since it's really not been doing great since it's premier a few months ago. Hmmm

14-08-2012
tfs star

Koko, apparently he did according to people who were at the taping but it looks like they edited a few things out. That's what I'm hearing though and you know how Twitter is

14-08-2012
V.I.P.

^Thanks. Iīd thought that is the money shot, why would they edit it out...? LOL

14-08-2012
holy####ery

Wow, single really really suits him.

I just watched the interview and it was pretty clear that even though the interview wasn't scripted, Rob and Jon had some sort of discussion that Rob would make some crack at the situation that could prompt Jon to break out the ice cream, but then Rob got thrown off a little and Jon had to go straight into the ice cream. That, and the fact that Rob's people almost certainly had to clear some basic parameters as to what could and could not be said - like can Jon use the term "break up" or not - makes the interview pretty telling, IMHO.

14-08-2012
fashion icon

^ I don't really think Rob's people put many limits on what Jon could make references to. I just think that out of common decency Jon wasn't going to be like 'So, how much did it suck to see those pics of K-Stew making out with that old guy right?' Rob definitely felt nervous and was uncomfortable at the references Jon was making, but he was a good sport about it. He even mentioned that he didn't have a publicist, which was clear because Rob didn't know what to say for half the interview and kept staring at the ice cream. If anything I think Rob chose Jon Stewart to do his first interview because he knew Jon would make light of the situation. If it had been like, Oprah she'd have given him a psychiatric evaluation.

14-08-2012
backstage pass

Wow! This is the best he's looked in like...ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
^ I don't really think Rob's people put many limits on what Jon could make references to. I just think that out of common decency Jon wasn't going to be like 'So, how much did it suck to see those pics of K-Stew making out with that old guy right?'
Totally agree with this. I don't think Jon using the term "break up" is a confirmation of anything.

14-08-2012
backstage pass

I'm just gonna mirror what everybody has been saying, but he looks incredibly handsome. The best I've seen him in a loooong time.

14-08-2012
V.I.P.

Completely agree with you.

14-08-2012
backstage pass

Nervous clueless dapper thing.

14-08-2012
V.I.P.

I think he handled the interview pretty well. Someone had to ask him about it, and i'm glad that Jon went with something more funny and casul rather than the "tell all" kind. I'm glad he looked a bit nervous and uncomfortable, much better than coming up with some fake condescending speech. Besides, he has nothing be ashamed of, he can make how many jokes he wants.

Last edited by Marc10; 14-08-2012 at 02:32 PM.

14-08-2012
tfs star

New role for Rob

Quote:
Just days before "Cosmopolis" opens in limited release, star Robert Pattinson has joined the cast of Werner Herzog's indie "Queen of the Desert," which will star Naomi Watts as English writer Gertrude Bell.
Pic will chronicle Bell's life as a writer, archaeologist, explorer, cartographer and political attache for the British Empire. One of the first women to graduate from Oxford at the turn of the 20th century, she traveled through the Middle East, defining the borders of Iraq, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.
Pattinson is attached to play T.E. Lawrence, a British Army officer whose writing earned him international fame as Lawrence of Arabia, on whom David Lean's classic 1962 epic is based. Lawrence was a good friend to Bell over the years, as the duo helped establish the Hashemite dynasties in Jordan and Iraq.
Cassian Elwes and Nick Raslan (Herzog's "Rescue Dawn") are producing the pic, which is aiming to start production in late fall.
Outside of the "Twilight" franchise that catapulted him to fame, Pattinson has avoided blockbusters to work on challenging indie projects with acclaimed directors. After wrapping Francis Lawrence's adaptation of "Water for Elephants" and the lusty period pic "Bel Ami," Pattinson chose to work with David Cronenberg on "Cosmopolis," which opens Friday. Thesp is set to star opposite Guy Pearce in David Michod's Aussie drama "The Rover," as well as the indie thriller "Mission: Blacklist," which chronicles the hunt for Saddam Hussein. Pattinson is repped by WME, 3 Arts Entertainment, Curtis Brown Group and attorney Robert Offer.
variety.com

14-08-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by #umero View Post
Wow, single really really suits him.

I just watched the interview and it was pretty clear that even though the interview wasn't scripted, Rob and Jon had some sort of discussion that Rob would make some crack at the situation that could prompt Jon to break out the ice cream, but then Rob got thrown off a little and Jon had to go straight into the ice cream. That, and the fact that Rob's people almost certainly had to clear some basic parameters as to what could and could not be said - like can Jon use the term "break up" or not - makes the interview pretty telling, IMHO.
Pretty much. His team definitely cleared what Jon was going to say and the fact that he was allowed to use the word break up says it all. If they didn't check what Jon was going to say they'd be stupid considering the media hype around what happened. It was a very classy interview.

It's like he has been purposely hiding the true potential of his attractiveness by mostly dressing down but him embracing it is truly the best revenge.

ETA Chloe you beat me! As I said, big shoes to fill.

Last edited by pixiedust1603; 14-08-2012 at 04:03 PM.

14-08-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Wow he has some amazing projects lined up, eager to see quite a few of them.

I agree, he looks terrific in the blue suit. Gucci has really found their niche with the men these days -- cool, youthful, but still classic.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, november, october, pattinson, robert