How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-06-2009
V.I.P.

Could someone please post the scans of psychologies.
Im interested to read what she has to say.

"Too fast to live,too young to die"-Vivien Westwood

24-06-2009
trendsetter

#113 Beautiful Princess Bride

24-06-2009
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARLOWE TIGER View Post
Could someone please post the scans of psychologies.
Im interested to read what she has to say.
Babyjane provided a link to the website where you have the interview its really an interesting read, since she rarely does interviews.

24-06-2009
backstage pass

She looks amazing at the premiere.

fashion elite

Robin is on the cover of MORE magazine. I'd love to see the rest of the pictures because this is one is really pretty:

Robin Wright Penn is Over Sean Penn

“I know what I don’t want.”
Actress Robin Wright Penn, 43, has no plans to reconcile with husband Sean Penn. In the September 2009 issue of MORE magazine, on newsstands now, the cover girl says, “I hit that crossroad a while ago. For Robin [she gestures toward herself], the ‘I know what I don’t want’ was flashing in neon lights.” Still, she’s not bitter. “I have no regrets. I, we, have two amazing children we raised together.”

Penn admits she’s having trouble coping with empty-nest syndrome now that their daughter, Dylan Frances, 18, is heading to college, and 16-year-old son Hopper Jack isn’t far behind. “At least twice a week, I pull over and sob” she says, her eyes welling. “My baby is leaving. It’s an emotionally full time, but it’s not sad. I can’t wait for Dylan to go [out and] live. That’s what makes me cry.”

The timing, however, might be perfect for Penn’s career, which is on an upward trajectory. She’s appearing in a diverse group of movies slated for release this fall: New York, I Love You; an animated version of A Christmas Carol; and The Private Lives of Pippa Lee. “There’s clarity of life now,” says the actress, who achieved early fame as Buttercup in The Princess Bride. “I think I’ve always been a follow-the-leader with my career, or maybe waiting for things to happen. Now I’m like, ‘I’m OK—I know the direction, whoever’s on board can go with me.” Penn says she has more self-confidence than ever before. “I think I f*cked myself by not being strong enough.

Waffling—you know, ‘Can I do this?’ I think that’s being young and finding out who you are, and all of a sudden, post-40, you just go, ‘I do know. I have the answer.’ There’s not as much questioning of my abilities.”
For a while, she says, all her ideal roles were played by one actress: “Everything I would have wanted to do had already been done by Meryl Streep,” she says. “Sophie’s Choice. Kramer vs. Kramer. Silkwood. Done.”
Now she’s ready for more onscreen challenges. Although she's afraid of public speaking (“there’s not the protection of playing somebody”), she is fearless when it comes to acting. “Put me in front of a camera, and I could masturbate if that was what was required of my character,” she says.
Read the full story in the September 2009 MORE magazine, on sale now.
First published August 2009
http://www.more.com/2049/7378-robin-wright-penn-is-over

15-08-2009
backstage pass

That's a great interview. I'm so happy for her.

fashion elite

Oh no, well although I love Sean Penn, I understand her completely. I just hope this does not make Sean go off the rails.

17-08-2009
fashion elite

Robin Wright Penn, whose relationship with Sean Penn has been on-again, off-again for the several years, says she has no plans to reconcile with the actor.

"I'd been stagnant," the actress, best known for roles in The Princess Bride and Forrest Gump tells More magazine for its September issue, on sale Aug. 25. "I think I've always been waiting for things to happen. Now I'm like, 'I'm okay – I know the direction, whoever's on board can go with me."

One person who won't likely be onboard is Penn. Together since 1989 and married in 1996, the couple endured a roller-coaster relationship only to file papers of legal separation not once, but twice – only to patch things up again as recently as May.

But that was then, not now. "I hit that crossroad a while ago," Wright Penn says. "I know what I don't want."
 What she does want is to re-activate her career. "There's no limbo anymore," she says. "There's no time. I'm too old for this s---."

Regarding her much-discussed marriage, friends tell More that what the couple had was a "peculiar chemistry. For her part, Wright Penn tenders no regrets.

"I, we, have two amazing children we raised together," she says. Daughter Dylan Frances, 18, is headed off to college, with son Hopper Jack, 16, preparing to follow suit – which will leave mom with an empty nest.

"At least twice a week, I pull over and sob," she says. "My baby is leaving. It's an emotionally full time, but it's not sad. I can't wait for Dylan to go [out and] live. That's what makes me cry."

http://forums.thefashionspot.com/edi...postid=6052228

24-08-2009
fashion elite

From the current New York magazine.

Quote:
Before the tumultuous distractions of Sean Penn, Robin Wright seemed to have an indisputable future on Hollywood’s A-list. That was soon after her Emmy-nominated gig on the soap Santa Barbara, and her breakout role in 1987’s The Princess Bride. But aside from the fluke phenomenon that was Forrest Gump, it never quite happened. Once the Penns had children (Dylan in 1991; Hopper in 1993), she reprioritized. “I turned down so many films because I wanted to be a mom that I think they said, ‘Okay, **** her,’ and stopped offering,” she says with a laugh. “Which explains a large part of my career—small, nonpaying films.”

But it’s more than that: Penn, despite her physical attributes, is a character actress. Like Gena Rowlands before her, she excels at playing complicated, earthy, occasionally unhinged women who just happen to be beautiful. Perhaps that’s why Rowlands’s son, Nick Cassavetes, cast her in his 1997 film She’s So Lovely, based on the last script by his late father, director John Cassavetes. “What Robin did in that film—it’s one of my favorite performances ever,” says Rebecca Miller, director of Penn’s latest film, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee.

Penn plays Pippa, a woman who is not so much crazy as emotionally dormant—the gracious, dutiful wife of a much older, charismatic book publisher (Alan Arkin). When they move to a retirement community in Connecticut, her seemingly perfect marriage begins to crack. As the older Pippa (Blake Lively plays her as a young adult), Penn elucidates a largely internal awakening that feels entirely organic. “Rebecca and I talked at length about the emotional calluses of age. She said, ‘It’s the onion—let’s just peel it very slowly,’ ” says Penn, who developed the part with Miller over the course of a year. “There are so many layers to Pippa. It was the chance to portray the unveiling of an identity, but without rushing to answer every question.”

Penn anchors a film of eccentric and unlikely supporting players (including Julianne Moore, Winona Ryder, and a surprisingly sexy Keanu Reeves) with a bemused quiescence; “Robin’s an amazing combination of being very visceral and quite methodical,” says Miller. “She’s making choices, but the final leap is intuitive. Before every take, Robin would close her eyes and breathe deeply. When she’d open them, Pippa would appear. It’s almost like she inhales her characters.” And then, says Miller, she is able to quickly discard them: Penn is not one of those actors who live their characters. And yet, “the way Pippa moves, speaks, uses her face—there’s no Robin there. She changed her basic rhythms as a person, which is very unusual.”

Penn has another film this fall, New York, I Love You (Oct. 16), which bodes well for more of her on the big screen. “My eldest is about to go to college, and I pulled over to the side of the road the other day and sobbed—she’s leaving the nest!” says Penn with a mock wail. “But, really, my kids have been asking me for a while to please go back to work.”
http://nymag.com/guides/fallpreview/2009/movies/58484/

24-08-2009
fashion elite

I read the entire articel in More and she revieled that her daughter Dylan is going to film school in LA, I guess we will have another Penn in the Biz.

24-08-2009
V.I.P.

Wow those pictures have been photo shopped to death...her face looks too tight.

V.I.P.

Director Rebecca Miller and actress Robin Wright Penn on the red carpet for the premiere of their latest film, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee, at the Cineworld cinema in Edinburgh. 18th June 2009.
robinwrightpenn website

02-09-2009
V.I.P.

Beautiful Robin

02-09-2009
V.I.P.

same source

Last edited by MARLOWE TIGER; 02-09-2009 at 09:46 AM.
02-09-2009
V.I.P.

Thank you!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
robin, wright