How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Actress Rooney Mara films a scene for the movie "The Bitter Pill" in Central Park on April 26, 2012 in New York City, NY.

zimbio

27-04-2012
V.I.P.

zimbio

27-04-2012
fashion elite

Rooney has signed up to another project according to Indiewire.

Quote:
Rooney Mara, Ben Foster & Casey Affleck To Star In '70s-Set Drama 'Ain't Them Bodies Saints'

After a busy week, you'll excuse Rooney Mara's agents if they turn off their cell phones and have a much earned nap. In the last few days the actress has signed on o replace Carey Mulligan in Spike Jonze's upcoming film and taken a lead role in the upcoming adaptation of Colm Toibin's "Brooklyn." And now to close off the week, she's landed another gig that will see her star opposite two of our favorite actors.

Deadline reports that Mara will join Ben Foster and Casey Affleck in "Ain't Them Bodies Saints." Set to be written and directed by David Lowery, the project was part of last summer's Creative Producing Labs and Creative Producing Summit at Sundance, and it boasts a pretty great premise. Set in the 1970s, the film tells the story of an outlaw who escapes from prison and sets out across the Texas countryside to reunite with his wife and the daughter he never met. On his journey the past begins to catch up with him.

Lowery made an impression on the festival circuit last year with his short film "Pioneer" (trailer below), which won the 2011 Grand Jury Award at the 2011 SXSW Film Festival. And clearly, he has cooked up something compelling here to attract such a cast. No word yet on when lensing might take place not only because of Mara's packed schedule, but also due to the fact that financing is still being lined up. But with that cast, financiers shouldn't be too hard to find. Fun fact: Toby Hallbrooks, one of the producers on the film, was once a member of The Polyphonic Spree.

indiewire, the playlist

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 04-05-2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Pasted article.
27-04-2012
fashion icon

I have a feeling the GWTDT sequels will not be made. Why would she be signing up for so many projects otherwise?

27-04-2012
fashion elite

Ahh my attempt at creating a link failed. I think it's probably because she's getting such great job offers. She will probably have many of these in development for a year or two and she can sneak in filming the second one.
Posted via Mobile Device

29-04-2012
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by loladonna View Post
I have a feeling the GWTDT sequels will not be made. Why would she be signing up for so many projects otherwise?
well i guess she has it figured it out since as far as i know the sequels are already a closed deal and are actually going to be made

29-04-2012
V.I.P.

I think she can fit in the Spike Jonze flick (will start as soon as she's finished The Bitter Pill), Lawless (shooting in the fall) and Ain't Them Bodies Saints (no word on start date) all for this year and if it will be made, The Girl Who Played with Fire would probably start around January 2013. Then she will film Brooklyn which is being aimed for a 2014 release. Busy schedule, indeed, but also feasible.

29-04-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

I'm so happy she's getting so much work but chooses her projects very wisely. As for The Girl Who Played With Fire I have no worries since she signed on many indie or small budget movies the filmings won't take a lot of time. Besides when you have directors like Terrence Malick you still have a plenty of post-production time before the movies come out.
As Lola said, her schedule is full for this year so that she can focus on Millenium in 2013. Moreover we don't even know if the script and everything are ready yet. Therefore I understand why Rooney is keeping herself busy while they negociate. Also Daniel Craig is still filming Skyfall and the promo campaign will most definitely be important around Fall.

fashion elite

Considering she is already in New York, I hope she attends the Met Gala.

03-05-2012
V.I.P.

^I hope she will, Iīm sure Anna wants her in her table LOL

03-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loladonna View Post
It's already been green-lit months ago.

backstage pass

I'm guessing Givenchy for the MET

07-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Rooney Mara attends the 'Schiaparelli And Prada: Impossible Conversations' Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 7, 2012 in New York City

getty

07-05-2012
V.I.P.

She looked so GREAT tonight and it was awesome to see black hair again. YAY!

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged
07-05-2012
fashion elite

I love how she can actually wear any dress. She's one of my best dressed.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mara, rooney