How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-09-2012
fashion icon

Nice turnout in that last pic. I guess she's a dancer?

30-09-2012
V.I.P.

Ha, yeah, it looks a little like 2nd position. She does have a dancer's poise in some pictures now that you mention it.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
02-10-2012
V.I.P.

dailymail

V.I.P.

On the set of Untitled Terrence Malick project:

sweetpeainadysfunctionalpod's tumblr

W Magazine November 2012:

emmanueltjiya.files.wordpress

Last edited by heelscatchfire; 23-10-2012 at 03:23 PM.
13-10-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

Terrence really wants to kill me with cast !! He better not cut any of my favourites in the ned 'cause I'd be devastated.

I'm glad to see her looking so good on the cover of W again. She's such a chameleon.

V.I.P.

Weird: that's Ryan Gosling operating the camera right? He must play a filmmaker in the film? Or does he run cameras in between takes?!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
13-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
Weird: that's Ryan Gosling operating the camera right? He must play a filmmaker in the film? Or does he run cameras in between takes?!
Lol, I was wondering the same thing.

V.I.P.

Performing with The Black Lips.

!

When in doubt, wear red.

I really want to marry this girl !! Don't care if it's for the movie or not, she's too cool for words.

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 13-10-2012 at 04:21 PM.
14-10-2012
V.I.P.

Very cool indeed. Rock on girl!

15-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Since zooming to stardom in last year’s The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Rooney Mara has gone from virtual unknown to that rare combination of serious actress and fashion-world darling. Recently named a face of Calvin Klein, Mara is no ingenue. Instead, she evokes the intensity of the seventies, when the world of filmmaking was dominated by passionate auteurs. As with those directors—and her brilliant mentor, David Fincher—Mara is both complicated and uncompromising.

Who from the seventies do you find interesting?
Stylewise, the person I’m most drawn to is Ali MacGraw. There was something about her that was very regal but very natural at the same time. We kind of modeled my character in The Social Network after her: I had a crocheted beret that was inspired by the one she wore in Love Story.

What was the worst fashion trend of that decade?
I find the way men dressed then to be kind of repulsive—especially disco style. I like almost all of the women’s fashion—and I think men in little shorts and high socks are really cute—but I don’t like anything shiny, and much of the seventies was shiny.

What’s your favorite movie of that era?

Paper Moon. I saw it only last year. David [Fincher] made me watch it, and I think I’ve seen it five times since then. My favorite scene is when Ryan O’Neal is talking about how he’s going to leave Addie [Tatum O’Neal, who plays his daughter in the movie]. They’re mad at each other, but Addie comes up with something clever, and they get back together. I love that ending—it’s not too happy-happy.

Prada silk and wool coat and dress, and embellished cotton poplin shirt. Albertus Swanepoel hat.

Beauty note: Chantecaille HD Perfecting Powder illuminates skin in a soft, natural way.

Hair by Luigi Murenu for Kérastase Paris; makeup by Val Garland at Streeters; manicures by Bernadette Thompson. Set design by Jack Flanagan. Production by North6. Photography assistants: Dominick Sheldon, Nico Kern, Jim Alexandrou, Ashley Renolds, Justin Farkas, Pavel Woznicki. Fashion assistants: Felicia Garcia-Rivera, Dena Giannini.

wmagazine

V.I.P.

Quote:
On the set of Untitled Terrence Malick Project on Tuesday (October 16) in Austin, Tex.

justjared

V.I.P.

i don't like the w mag photo at all, she doesn't look like herself at all and her nose is freaking me out.

lovely pics from malick's set tho.

V.I.P.

Quote:
On the set of Untitled Terrence Malick Project on Wednesday (October 17) in Austin, Tex.

justjared

fashion icon

I wonder if this movie will make any sense? After watching Tree of Life I'm not getting my hopes up about another Malick film.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mara, rooney