How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-01-2013
tfs star

^^^I agree. Although, she seems to have a propensity for solid, not very bright colors. Even before GWTDT she used to wear a lot of beiges, grays, etc. Now, she appears to have completely appropriated Lisbeth Salandar and rarely wears anything that's not black. I do like this latest look, the trousers, the boots and the blazer. It's a very sleek look, and it's not as try hardy as some of her previous looks.

31-01-2013
When in doubt, wear red.

The black coat is Céline right ? It looks stunning.
Not a fan of the red carpet outfit, the boots are a bit too heavy. But she definitely looks cool, I just wish she had a better posture on the pics.

V.I.P.

I don't really think there's anything wrong with her wearing black at all. It's obviously her thing now and she's not going to start wearing colorful dresses to impress people. And Wolkfolk, I believe the coat has been identified as The Row. Anyway, the premiere is tonight.
Quote:
Rooney Mara bundles up on a chilly day in the Big Apple on Thursday afternoon (January 31) in New York City.

justjared

V.I.P.

Wearing Alexander McQueen to the premiere! Looks very stunning and similar to the Givenchy she wore to her big premiere.

womensweardaily's twitter

V.I.P.

Quote:
Rooney Mara attend the premiere of Side Effects on Thursday (January 31) at the AMC Lincoln Square in New York City.

justjared

front row

the dress is amazing! but I think she should try sth else with her hair... maybe some soft waves instead of the sleek look

01-02-2013
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
I don't really think there's anything wrong with her wearing black at all. It's obviously her thing now and she's not going to start wearing colorful dresses to impress people. And Wolkfolk, I believe the coat has been identified as The Row. Anyway, the premiere is tonight.

justjared

It's not wrong wearing black-- it just gets monotonous. During her Oscar campaign she wore so many black and white dresses by the time she wore her white Givenchy dress at the Oscars it was anti-climatic even though she looked good. I don't buy that black is her "thing" TBH. The alternating black then white outfits have only been her thing since she did GWTDT and started working with her stylist. Pre-GWTDT she wore an awful lot of pink and blue.

She has worn colorful dresses when her stylist steers her in that direction. I wish he would do that more because she looks great when she takes a breather from the black and white.

Zimbio

Last edited by loladonna; 01-02-2013 at 03:41 AM.
01-02-2013
V.I.P.

that white dress is so so so gorgeous. i'm without words.

V.I.P.

Stunning interesting dress, the shoulder detail is just exquisite. And her makeup is lovely.

01-02-2013
V.I.P.

Such a gorgeous dress!! I like the sleek hair, the dress is quite "busy" and the hair&makeup lets you appreciate it without distractions imo...
I don´t like the shoes but that´s just me hating tan shoes lol

01-02-2013
tfs star

That white dress has such pretty details. She looks lovely and I love that hairstyle on her. She has the cheekbones to pull it off.

01-02-2013
.my prison is your brain.

That McQueen dress is pure love! So many woman could have given it the wrong vibe [too sweet, girly, etc.], but it's nothing but beautiful and chic on Rooney.

01-02-2013
When in doubt, wear red.

I have to say that I would've prefered different shoes , but it's juts me being pikey here because she looks fantastic once again. The dress is simply ravishing, love the details and the structure. Another hit for my favourite

V.I.P.

Wolkfolk, agree with you about the shoes. I would've picked different pair.
BUT, I have to say she looks FAB Beautiful dress, cute make up. Great start Rooney!

01-02-2013
V.I.P.

Awwww, that's just lovely on her!!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mara, rooney