How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-10-2013
fashion insider

“Rooney was fantastic. Like Madonna, Amanda Seyfried, Beyoncé and Carine Roitfeld, I have a real relationship with Rooney. She is superintelligent, superelegant, supercool. She is not a girl who easily gives a smile and talks to everybody. I have already worked with Rooney for three years and I know what she loves. She’s like me. She really represents my style. She loves the romantic side of me, and she loves the hard side of me. For last night, I said, ‘Rooney, we should really push more to be sexy, because you have the face and the body to be sexy,’ and she said, ‘You know what, we should go for it.’ For me, the punk moment was the cleavage — a very big, open V-neck dress. She was very punk in her own way. It was funny. On the red carpet, everyone photographed us as bride and groom. It was very cool.”

(Riccardo Tisci)

Rooney Mara and Riccardo Tisci, both in Givenchy. Photo by Evan Falk.

Source: wwd.com

12-10-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Joaquin Phoenix, Spike Jonze, Amy Adams, Rooney Mara and Olivia Wilde attend a screening of Her at the New York Film Festival on October 12, 2013.

mjt-jqn-1974's tumblr / a-wilde-handful's tumblr / JCine's twitter

V.I.P.

Olivia Wilde looks like a GIANT next to Rooney

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
12-10-2013
backstage pass

I am SO pumped for this movie. So happy that the reviews have all been fantastic.

I really hope all three girls do lots of promo work, would be an interesting style mix.

12-10-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose n Toast View Post
I am SO pumped for this movie. So happy that the reviews have all been fantastic.

I really hope all three girls do lots of promo work, would be an interesting style mix.
I hope the same, except I hope they switch Olivia out with Scarlett.

13-10-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Her on the closing night of the 2013 New York Film Festival on Saturday evening (October 12) at Alice Tully Hall in New York City.

justjared

Just lovely

13-10-2013
front row

Amazing in Proenza Schouler.

fashion icon

Not feeling the makeup or that PS dress on her. I'm starting to tire of the black/white thing. She needs to get more color in her wardrobe.

13-10-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose n Toast View Post

Oh yes, great trio to watch

V.I.P.

I didn't realize Olivia was so tall. Anyway, they all look great.

13-10-2013
V.I.P.

Love the new PS on her!!!

(Joaquin looks a bit rough, but wow he's an acting genius; looking forward to this performance...)

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 13-10-2013 at 12:12 PM.
13-10-2013
V.I.P.

I'm just not feeling her red carpet style nowadays... Enough with the cut outs already. She also used to have a better sense of proportion; this dress seems to overwhelm her.

Quote:
In Los Angeles on September 28, 2013.

rooneymaraonline

V.I.P.

I love the PS dress on her, just love it!

Oh so cute in braids...

20-10-2013
front row

I guess we can forget about a sequel to millenium right ? I initially thought they were going to film all movies in a row like they did for the hunger games movies but now I doubt millenium 2 will ever come out. I cannot imagine her going through the whole piercings/haircut/weigh-loss thing again ... too bad, I still think she was amazing in that movie and that she should have receive the oscar

28-10-2013
backstage pass

^ I highly doubt it. It didn't make a huge box office internationally, so with such a big budget I imagine the studio is hesitant about green lighting another two. Also, David Fincher has not said anything about the film since last year. He is always attached to films that never make it off the ground either, so not a good sign. Plus, he's filming Gone Girl at the moment.

Anyway, I'd much rather Rooney do interesting little indies, as I loved her in Ain't Them Bodies Saint much more then GWTDT. Same goes with Fincher, who's my favourite director - I would prefer to see his work across different projects.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mara, rooney