How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2014
When in doubt, wear red.

Very lovely dress and her coat looks amazing ! I love her hair the moment.

02-02-2014
backstage pass

Oh I can't wait for them to start filming Carol together. Could you imagine the promo tour?

Beautiful dress.

02-02-2014
V.I.P.

I don't like the black dress, i'v seen much better from her

02-02-2014
V.I.P.

I really love the look of the tweed coat she has slung over her shoulders. Didn't know anything about "Carol" but Patricia Highsmith, Todd Haynes, Cate, Rooney and Sarah Paulson! Should be great!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
09-02-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Rooney goes to dinner with boyfriend Charlie McDowell at Crossroads Restaurant in Los Angeles, Ca, February 6th.

Quote:
Rooney Mara driving off after shopping at Chanel on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills - Los Angeles, California, United States - Thursday 6th February 2014.

rooneydaily, contactmusic

V.I.P.

Quote:
At LAX Airport on February 20, 2014.

bellazon

V.I.P.

^I just noticed her boyfriend is carrying a Givenchy hanger there. Maybe an event or the Givenchy show?

Quote:
Leaving the gym on February 19, 2014.

rooneydaily

Love her PS1 bag.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
^I just noticed her boyfriend is carrying a Givenchy hanger there. Maybe an event or the Givenchy show?
Let's hope she's going to attend the Givenchy show in Paris!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Rooney Mara carries a bag of groceries out of Glow Bio on Tuesday (February 25) in Los Angeles.

The 28-year-old actress’ older sister Kate Mara recently talked about getting advice from her sis.

“I ask my sister for advice if I’m ever questioning whether to take a job. I called her for advice on [House of Cards' David] Fincher when I first started working with him,” Kate told Zap2it. “It’s such a special thing to have a family member doing the same job as you. She didn’t start acting until much later, but it makes me feel sort of looked-after, having her and knowing that she ‘gets’ it.”

FYI: Rooney worked with David on The Social Network and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

justjared

I wish they did the rest of the Millennium movies

V.I.P.

Quote:
Rooney Mara links arms with her beau Charles McDowell as they leave Crossroads restaurant on Thursday evening (February 27) in Los Angeles.

justjared

fashion insider

Rooney's going to play the Native American character Tiger Lily in Pan.
Quote:
Warner Bros. has tapped Rooney Mara to play Tiger Lily in its Peter Pan origin tale “Pan.”

Hugh Jackman and Garrett Hedlund are also on board with Joe Wright set to direct.

Sources say an open casting is being held to fill the role of Pan, as the character is between 10 and 12 years old.

Jason Fuchs penned the script with Greg Berlanti, Paul Webster and Sarah Schechter producing. Courtenay Valenti is overseeing for the studio.

The film will be a new take on the classic story. It is set during World War II and follows an orphan named Peter who is kidnapped by pirates and brought to Neverland, where he discovers he’s destined to save the land from the pirate Blackbeard.

The world being created is multi-racial/international – and a very different character than previously imagined.

The studio took on an exhaustive search in finding the right girl to play Lily looking at other actresses such as Lupita Nyonog’o and “Blue is the Warmest Color” thesp Adele Exarchopoulos before going out to Mara for the role.

WB dated the film for July 17, 2015, and sees it as a franchise that can appeal to the “Harry Potter” and “The Lord of the Rings” fanbase.

Mara just started production on the Todd Haynes pic “Carol” starring Cate Blanchett and was most recently seen in Warner Bros.’ “Her.” She is repped by WME and Management 360.
Variety

12-03-2014
V.I.P.

nothing to do with Rooney herself but I find it insultingly funny that they claim: "The world being created is multi-racial/international" and yet they cast Rooney to play a native american character

12-03-2014
.my prison is your brain.

^ Completely agree.

And do we really need yet another Peter Pan movie? Meh.

12-03-2014
trendsetter

Ugh, I hope she drops out.

12-03-2014
tfs star

This casting is beyond ridiculous. Stay as racist and transparent as ever, Hollywood. I'm a fan of both Rooney and Joe Wright, but I really can't get behind this. I don't know why she even accepted this role. Surely she must've known the kind of backlash and criticism this would garner? And it's not like she's hurting for roles.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
mara, rooney