How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-11-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

I think I'm in love with her

21-11-2011
fashion insider

Her bone structure really allows her to pull off the hair she has. She's so beautiful.

21-11-2011
on the come up

Gosh this girl is beautiful.

22-11-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust1603 View Post
Her bone structure really allows her to pull off the hair she has. She's so beautiful.
Could not agree with you more, her face is just so stunning/interesting I could look at her all day.

22-11-2011
V.I.P.

Great casual outfit, love the jacket and want those shoes, getting so excited for all the premeires!!

22-11-2011
V.I.P.

At Stockholm Airport - November 20

rooney-mara

24-11-2011
V.I.P.

With this haircut she reminded me of someone but I couldn´t really tell who, until I scanned this Kristen McMenamy pic from early 1990s...

my scan

01-12-2011
V.I.P.

First award of the season: The National Board of Review - Breakthrough Performance (along with Felicity Jones). The gala will held on 10 January, 2012.

02-12-2011
fashion elite

kokobonbom great catch totally agree, although Rooney's face is much more delicate.

02-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
First award of the season: The National Board of Review - Breakthrough Performance (along with Felicity Jones). The gala will held on 10 January, 2012.
for what? i mean, i'm hyped for Rooney as anyone else here, but lets not get ahead of "ourselves" with all this. TGWTDT is not even out yet and her role in TSN was minor. i seriously don't want all this hype to come back as a bumerang in few weeks. actually, i think she has to absolutely knock this role out in the movie at this point to warrant all the praise coming her way in the last couple of months without a substantial material to start with it anyway.

02-12-2011
V.I.P.

Er, she won it for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. This is voted for by the critics who have seen the film!

By the way, Jennifer Lawrence, Gabourey Sidibe, Viola Davis, Ellen Page, Jennifer Hudson and Rinko Kikuchi are all past winners. All six of them went on to receive nominations for Academy Awards. Poor Elizabeth Olsen's buzz is decreasing.

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 02-12-2011 at 09:33 AM.

02-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Er, she won it for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. This is voted for by the critics who have seen the film!

By the way, Jennifer Lawrence, Gabourey Sidibe, Ellen Page are all past winners. All three of them went on to receive nominations for Academy Awards. Poor Elizabeth Olsen's buzz is decreasing.
oh really? i thought the critic screenings are supposed to be held in the next few weeks. excuse my ignorance then. i guess she knocked it out of the park if she got it (glad to hear it, btw)! i guess it really will be between Rooney and Lizzie when it comes to that 5th spot for the Best Actress category.

02-12-2011
V.I.P.

Yeah, this award is pretty much the first substantial piece of news that tells us that Mara is in fact worth the hype. I believe voters are sent screeners by the studios (this is why films are sometimes leaked earlier than usual).

At the moment, I think Viola Davis, Meryl Streep and Michelle Williams are in. I really don't see Glenn Close not getting nominated (even with the underwhelming reviews). The fifth spot will be between Swinton, Mara, Theron and Olsen, probably. It's a packed crowd. Then there are the long shots, Jones and Dunst.

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 02-12-2011 at 09:41 AM.

02-12-2011
V.I.P.

Well it's a good sign that Rooney is that good in the film. She was only actor in GWTDT that I was concerned with.

02-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Yeah, this award is pretty much the first substantial piece of news that tells us that Mara is in fact worth the hype. I believe voters are sent screeners by the studios (this is why films are sometimes leaked earlier than usual).

At the moment, I think Viola Davis, Meryl Streep and Michelle Williams are in. I really don't see Glenn Close not getting nominated (even with the underwhelming reviews). The fifth spot will be between Swinton, Mara, Theron and Olsen, probably. It's a packed crowd. Then there are the long shots, Jones and Dunst.
You are right, they always get sent the screeners, otherwise they are NOT allowed to vote for the actor, if not seeing their performance i mean.

I was afraid that she wont be good after all the hype so this is good news. And its been a great year for women, i personally dont see Olsen getting the nod out of all those mentioned.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, february, january, mara, rooney