How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
Yeah, this award is pretty much the first substantial piece of news that tells us that Mara is in fact worth the hype. I believe voters are sent screeners by the studios (this is why films are sometimes leaked earlier than usual).

At the moment, I think Viola Davis, Meryl Streep and Michelle Williams are in. I really don't see Glenn Close not getting nominated (even with the underwhelming reviews). The fifth spot will be between Swinton, Mara, Theron and Olsen, probably. It's a packed crowd. Then there are the long shots, Jones and Dunst.
oh, i think the only ones safely in are Michelle W. and Tilda. i think Streep or Close is in (but not both of them, there are reviews on Close already? have to check it out), Theron might be in and then the last spot Rooney/Lizzie/Dunst fight.

i totally forgot they started with the Oscar screener thing with the GWTDT too. it figures. am glad then Rooney seems to be sticking around, she looks interesting, movie wise and fashion wise.

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

Dazed and Confused January 2012

ThisIsLondon.co.uk via t-rex

08-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
oh, i think the only ones safely in are Michelle W. and Tilda. i think Streep or Close is in (but not both of them, there are reviews on Close already? have to check it out), Theron might be in and then the last spot Rooney/Lizzie/Dunst fight.

i totally forgot they started with the Oscar screener thing with the GWTDT too. it figures. am glad then Rooney seems to be sticking around, she looks interesting, movie wise and fashion wise.
Viola, much to my dismay (I love her, but I very nearly hate The Help), is definitely a shoe-in. Not to play the race card here, but pretty much the only time the Oscars are willing to give black women recognition is when they're in some kind of subservient, dependent role. I think Davis, Swinton, Williams and Streep are all in. Close's film has not been getting good reviews, and I don't think her performance has been either (but don't hold me to that). Dunst may get in, but the controversy around the film may have killed her chances. And if I'm being honest, I would really rather Olsen get that last spot over Mara, although she's quickly becoming my favorite. Regardless, she'll be going to the Oscars. It's Fincher, and the film is bound to get nominated for a bunch of stuff, even if she doesn't get in for Best Actress. So that means edgy interesting fashion choices in a sea of boringness, so I'm excited.

When is the GWTDT premiering in the US?

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

Ever since I learned she was the girl in the opening scene for the Facebook movie, I find her new look so contrived and unnatural.

09-12-2011
front row

really? Even though I know that i feel that she's completely transformed into a "freak" in a good way though

09-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
Viola, much to my dismay (I love her, but I very nearly hate The Help), is definitely a shoe-in. Not to play the race card here, but pretty much the only time the Oscars are willing to give black women recognition is when they're in some kind of subservient, dependent role. I think Davis, Swinton, Williams and Streep are all in. Close's film has not been getting good reviews, and I don't think her performance has been either (but don't hold me to that). Dunst may get in, but the controversy around the film may have killed her chances. And if I'm being honest, I would really rather Olsen get that last spot over Mara, although she's quickly becoming my favorite. Regardless, she'll be going to the Oscars. It's Fincher, and the film is bound to get nominated for a bunch of stuff, even if she doesn't get in for Best Actress. So that means edgy interesting fashion choices in a sea of boringness, so I'm excited.

When is the GWTDT premiering in the US?
What about Whoopi Goldberg and Jennifer Hudson? And they both won!

Anyway, I love the Dazed & Confused cover.

09-12-2011
V.I.P.

Better quality cover, it's photographed by Glen Luchford

dazeddigital

09-12-2011
V.I.P.

2011: The New York Times Magazine

rooneymara.net

09-12-2011
fashion insider

The headpiece is from Alexander McQueen Spring 2012

stylebistro

09-12-2011
V.I.P.

i have to say i don't like the cover one bit, something's off with it and i can't put my finger on what exactly.

09-12-2011
V.I.P.

^I don´t like it either, it looks amateur. Bad choice of font, background color and image (it doesn´t look like a professional shot). We come up with better covers in the Cover Challenge Thread lol

09-12-2011
V.I.P.

Touch of Evil: Rooney Mara

09-12-2011
tfs star

I really do not like the NYT pictures. It looks so amateur.

10-12-2011
V.I.P.

She's supposed to be channeling Alex DeLarge. The pictures seem pretty accurate to me (lighting, makeup).

10-12-2011
V.I.P.

Allure January 2012
Another cover I don´t like, and WTF @ the tagline?!

paul-stine.tumblr.com via avantgarde

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, february, january, mara, rooney