How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-12-2011
tfs star

well yes but i like that her posture is not "in your face", look at me type. She is not kardashian so it's ok, she is probably quite shy for an actress

12-12-2011
V.I.P.

I think her posture is quite great, actually. I think maybe if she had a clutch to hold, her hands wouldn't look so awkward.

12-12-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

I agree with you, her posture is very graceful. I'd rather have this than the usual hand on the hip+pout sh*t.

The guy who keeps fixing her dress cracks me up, on one picture he really has a killer look.

12-12-2011
trendsetter

I don't see a problem with her posture, she's quite Keira-y on the red carpet by the looks of things in the way she holds herself. I hate all that Blake Lively-esque over posing. Theres probably nerves there tonight, I'm sure she'll settle into a nice red carpet routine. I agree a clutch may have helped with her hands. I do lament the fact studios/agents don't put the work in with young stars anymore in prepping them for these kinds of events.

The dress is gorgeous, if this is a taste of what's to come it's very exciting. I even love the hair. This could be a really interesting press tour.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 12-12-2011 at 06:15 PM.

12-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolkfolk View Post
I agree with you, her posture is very graceful. I'd rather have this than the usual hand on the hip+pout sh*t.

The guy who keeps fixing her dress cracks me up, on one picture he really has a killer look.
Yes! I. Loathe. It. Especially the hands on hips. I don't get that? It always ruins the look, and you end up looking like a generic prom queen. Not everyone can be Cate Blanchett.

12-12-2011
trendsetter

Well, there is a medium between slouching and going dramatic a la Blake Lively.

She could straighten up a bit but I don't find her current posture distracting.

12-12-2011
V.I.P.

She must be so thankful that she got such a drastic makeover--it has done wonders for her career! Before she was so mousy and plain...now she has a real, defined look that no other actress can claim.

12-12-2011
V.I.P.

Am I the only one who thought she was really beautiful before 'the makeover'? Especially in The Social Network. I keep hearing the word 'plain' to describe her pre-Lisbeth Salander, and I don't get it. I think she had a girl-next-door type of look.

12-12-2011
V.I.P.

^^yes, this makeover is what caught my attention in the first place cause I´ve seen most of her movies (for reasons other than her) and not once I thought she was interesting or had something going on...

12-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyevil View Post
Well, there is a medium between slouching and going dramatic a la Blake Lively.

She could straighten up a bit but I don't find her current posture distracting.
thank you. that's what i've meant. i just meant she should straighten up a bit in the future, nothing more.

12-12-2011
I don't know

I like the style that's been developed with her hair. It definitely stands out from the crowd.

I also have a feeling that Vogue is sending her all these looks, they have a habit of doing that whenever they focus on someone new. Anyone know who she's working with?

12-12-2011
girl who fell to earth

i think her makeup is too monochromatic at the premiere...
would have liked to see some color and definition in her face because i don't think she looks as pretty as she actually is.

12-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post
I like the style that's been developed with her hair. It definitely stands out from the crowd.

I also have a feeling that Vogue is sending her all these looks, they have a habit of doing that whenever they focus on someone new. Anyone know who she's working with?
Definitely. First Rodarte, then Calvin Klein and now Givenchy Couture? I'm sensing Prada is next.

12-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSvelt View Post
What about Whoopi Goldberg and Jennifer Hudson? And they both won!

Anyway, I love the Dazed & Confused cover.
I said "pretty much." And no, Lola you are definitely not alone. I thought she was gorgeous in both "The Winning Season" and "The Social Network." In fact, I wish we got to see alot more of her in TSN because she looked gorgeous there with the long chocolate locks.

Not a big fan of the premiere look. She's got a great body, and I wish she would've worn something a bit more fitting. She looks ethereal from the neck up though.

12-12-2011
trendsetter

She was pretty before but the new look definitely sets her apart from her peers. She stands out now.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, february, january, mara, rooney