How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-12-2011
trendsetter

Well, the interview sounded a little juvenile for someone who's been out of high school awhile... I do like the latest candid outfit and her style has become more sophisticated and darker. Rooney seems to be easy influenced and I wonder if her style will evolve when she takes her next role. Anyway, congrats on the nod! It makes me more curious to see her performance in the film.

15-12-2011
Mr. Zhivago

I like the green scarf she's been wearing a lot. It looks like it's from the film:

Screenrant.com

15-12-2011
V.I.P.

LA Times interview (she speaks about her Golden Globe nomination):

Quote:
David Fincher's "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" doesn't hit theaters until Dec. 20, but the film received two Golden Globe nominations Thursday -- one for its score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross and one for its star, Rooney Mara, who plays the computer hacker Lisbeth Salander originally brought to the screen by actress Noomi Rapace in the Swedish movie version of the bestselling thriller. Mara spoke by phone to 24 Frames' Amy Kaufman about how she feels about the nomination and the "Dragon Tattoo" whirlwind.
A.K.: Where are you?
R.M.: Iím in New York. Iíve kind of just been all busy. Itís been crazy. We had three premieres in three different countries in three nights.

A.K.: So youíre jet lagged?
R.M.: I was like half asleep getting my hair and makeup done to go to something when I heard about the nomination. It was a very pleasant surprise. I had totally forgotten that was even happening, because Iíve been travelling for three days. I was really excited.

A.K.:
Is it weird to be nominated when the film hasnít even come out yet?
R.M.: Iíve never had any other experience with anything like this, so Iím just looking forward to the movie finally coming out. We all put so much hard work into it.

A.K.:
Youíve said itís been hard to transition out of playing Lisbeth. Are you still in the Lisbeth mindset?
R.M.: No, Iím not. Obviously, there are parts of me that still are. When I told David [Fincher] that coming out of the role was much harder than going into it, he said I must have been more at odds with my former self than I thought.

A.K.: Do you think he was right?
R.M.: I donít know.

A.K.
: Were you disappointed that the film wasnít nominated in other categories?
R.M.: We never really thought about any of that while making the film. It just never crossed our minds. Weíve worked really hard. We wanted to bring this book to life.

A.K.:
While doing press, have you felt the weight of the fansí expectations for this movie?
R.M.: Definitely. Thereís always that weight, but you just have to remember that itís impossible to please everyone. Weíre really proud of what we did.

A.K.:
Are you going to keep your hair in the Lisbeth style?
R.M.: No. Itís slowly growing -Ė but hair doesnít grow that fast.

A.K.:
Are you going to go back to blond?
R.M.: I was never blond, but Iím gonna dye it.

A.K.:
How do you think Noomi Rapace is feeling right now, seeing you tackle a role she already did?
R.M.: I think she is incredible, and I think thereís room for both performances. I think sheís probably fine with it. She was done with the role and she was incredible. I think our performances are very different.

A.K.:
You donít strike me as a fan of award shows. What do you think the experience will be like?
R.M.: I think itíll be fun. Itís always really nice when people respect the work you did. Itís not the end all, be all for me. This is my first experience, so I donít have anything to compare it to. Of course, Iím really excited.

16-12-2011
V.I.P.

I simply dont understand why the more of her interviews i read, less i like her? Or its simply i dont like how she comes across in interviews. It might possibly be that she needs more experience at these PR sides of the business.

Great for her nom.

16-12-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
I simply dont understand why the more of her interviews i read, less i like her? Or its simply i dont like how she comes across in interviews. It might possibly be that she needs more experience at these PR sides of the business.

Great for her nom.
Same here. I just feel as though she comes off as self-entitled in her interviews like with what she said about Law & Order. I get what she meant but there is no need to be so ungrateful. I kind of think that she's still holding onto some of Lisbeth's qualities and she's not really like this normally but it is all about first impressions and she's not making a good one.

I can't wait to see what she is going to wear to the Globes though, she's still my best dressed celeb at the moment.

16-12-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post

Great for her nom.
I completely agree with you, I am now intentinally avoiding all interviews with her because I really want to love the movie and enjoy her performance, which is getting RAVE reviews.

I love her red capret style so much! Really fantastic job, does anyone know who's her stylist?

Last edited by kobro22; 16-12-2011 at 05:08 AM.

16-12-2011
V.I.P.

The Prabal dress was risky and different but not the most flattering look though, but its hard to compete after that magnificent white Givenchy couture. I love the DK jumpsuit look on Letterman, very chic and cool look on her

16-12-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

This Girl is on fire.
Been away for just 2 days and she's back with another hit look!! She clearly has an amazing stylist, he perfectly catches the spirit of the movie without overwhelming Rooney's charm.

As for her interviews I feel a bit awkward too. I've been obsessed with her since the very first trailer of TGWTDT, her swedish accent, her look I was really looking forward to her interviews to see how the girl behind the character was, but so far I'm not really excited by what I see. But I still like her though, I'm sure it just a lack of experience more than arrogancy

16-12-2011
front row

Can anyone ID her brownish fleece-looking jacket or grey tie shoes in #313?

16-12-2011
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
Can anyone ID her brownish fleece-looking jacket or grey tie shoes in #313?
the grey wedges are balenciaga.

16-12-2011
front row

I don't think she meant anything bad about Law and Order. She was just saying that she didn't like her character in it because her character would harm fat people just bc they were fat. I don't think she's ungrateful. I actually like her a lot during interviews. She has this shy awkwardness that I find compelling

16-12-2011
V.I.P.

^itīs not my intention to keep on going with the same topic but I think the quotes are pretty clear... "it was so awful, so stupid. people are obsessed with that show, I donīt get it." "who would beat someone up because theyīre fat?"

I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, cause I liked her Letterman interview... maybe sheīs still on "Lisbethīs mode", 12 months in that frame of mind is a long time.
or
sheīs what she seems to be...

either way, I like her style

17-12-2011
V.I.P.

Its really silly to be focusing on this Law and Order ordeal. For the media to blow up her quote and for everyone else to buy into this is so ridiculous.

I highly doubt it defines her character. If I was doing as many interviews as she does I'd probably say a few things without thinking much of it.

17-12-2011
fashion icon

Rooney already has a bad case of Katherine Heigl Syndrome whereby she disses her former projects after happily cashing the paycheck. Rooney is worse IMO because at least Heigl had several successful TV series and movies under her belt.

From her Vogue interview.

Quote:
After graduation, she moved to L.A., but pre-Fincher, her biggest role was in the disappointing 2010 reboot of the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise. Mara minces no words about the experience. ďI hated it,Ē she says. ďIt left me thinking, If this is what is available to me, then I donít necessarily want to be an actress. And then I got the script for The Social Network.Ē
Most actors have had to start out at the bottom. The lack of gratitude for being given opportunities to build her experience is appalling. If she thought these projects were so stupid and embarrassing she should have refused them and sought roles in theater instead.

17-12-2011
I don't know

I find it quite off putting as well, because as much as I'm enjoying her style right now her interview keep me from enjoying it completely. It's hard to separate the artist from the person.

And she had what? a few bad projects? Look at Amy Adams career and then come back an complain, girl was in cruel intentions 2 with Mila Kunis for god's sake.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, february, january, mara, rooney