How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailme. View Post
Its really silly to be focusing on this Law and Order ordeal. For the media to blow up her quote and for everyone else to buy into this is so ridiculous.

I highly doubt it defines her character. If I was doing as many interviews as she does I'd probably say a few things without thinking much of it.
Did the media blow up that L&O quote? What other outlet is picking up on that?

17-12-2011
trendsetter

I haven't met an actor who hasn't done at least one role they regret and will willingly tell you how much they loathed it. It's easy to say, well if she didn't like it she shouldn't have taken it, but if it's the choice between taking a movie role (in a well known but cheesey franchise) or dragging yourself round to eight auditions a day during pilot season only for them to look you up and down, decide your not right before you read, and show you the door, you'd take the naff movie role too.
They all, at some point, particularly the ones who suddenly find themselves the subject media focus with little preperation, say something stupid. I've had moments with clients when you roll your eyes and think, 'really, you can't be so stupid as to say that out loud to a journalist' but they do. Junkets are a nightmare because it's so relentless and they have to have the same conversations hundreds of times over, often I think they get tired of repeating themselves and something slips out.
She let her guard down once, said something she probably regreted the moment she said it, for the media to then latch onto that and perpetuate the problem (Law & order quote and Elm Street seem to be on many websites etc today) is what they do. It does nothing but build the barrier between press and subject even higher, I've seen it happen. They push something tiny into something big once and next time they expect a warm welcome and all the fabulous secrets. Drives me nuts.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 17-12-2011 at 08:48 AM.

17-12-2011
V.I.P.

Yeah, I guess this happens all the time with new celebs. I remember the same happened to Kristen Stewart...

Does she have more public appearances scheduled?
Where does she normally live?

17-12-2011
trendsetter

I really didn't have a problem with her L&O quote. So many actors have admitted to doing roles they weren't proud of. It was the comment on sodomy and overweight people being bullied that were unnecessary IMO.

17-12-2011
trendsetter

She is annoying. Even Julianne Moore speaks about her experience on a soap opera fondly.

Anyway, her style is great. I wonder will her style change once she grows her hair.

17-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
In Stockholm/New York (14th December 2011).

rooneymara.net

On Charlie Rose:

Press junket:

17-12-2011
fashion icon

I think she should stick with the black hair. I was looking at pics at the beginning of the thread and she is utterly forgettable with brown hair. The black hair looks so striking with her skin.

17-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
I haven't met an actor who hasn't done at least one role they regret and will willingly tell you how much they loathed it. It's easy to say, well if she didn't like it she shouldn't have taken it, but if it's the choice between taking a movie role (in a well known but cheesey franchise) or dragging yourself round to eight auditions a day during pilot season only for them to look you up and down, decide your not right before you read, and show you the door, you'd take the naff movie role too.
They all, at some point, particularly the ones who suddenly find themselves the subject media focus with little preperation, say something stupid. I've had moments with clients when you roll your eyes and think, 'really, you can't be so stupid as to say that out loud to a journalist' but they do. Junkets are a nightmare because it's so relentless and they have to have the same conversations hundreds of times over, often I think they get tired of repeating themselves and something slips out.
She let her guard down once, said something she probably regreted the moment she said it, for the media to then latch onto that and perpetuate the problem (Law & order quote and Elm Street seem to be on many websites etc today) is what they do. It does nothing but build the barrier between press and subject even higher, I've seen it happen. They push something tiny into something big once and next time they expect a warm welcome and all the fabulous secrets. Drives me nuts.
You offer excellent insider perspective! Thanks I think we sometimes forget how young some of these stars are too, so of course they put their foot in it from time to time. And as you interestingly point out, they then become guarded due to the backlash and all we get is canned answers and politically correctness. It is like with stylists now: pure homogenization. People cannot say a "wrong" thing or wear a "wrong" thing anymore? I would rather see and have screw ups myself. We're all human.

BTW, she does have good style!

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged

17-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Dazed & Confused: January 2012.

rooneymara.net

They are screenshots taken from this video:

Allure:

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 17-12-2011 at 07:06 PM.

17-12-2011
backstage pass

She is so striking, I agree - she should keep the hair

17-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
Did the media blow up that L&O quote? What other outlet is picking up on that?
So far, here and Perezhilton which is nothing to snark at. Both have big audiences and I don't want people painting her as a bad person.

I don't want another Megan Fox case in our hands.

18-12-2011
V.I.P.

I adore her Carven coat.

In my opinion her all interview's outfits are soooo great. I don't know how she does it
And agree with you guys, she should keep her hair. It makes her more characteristic. First time when I saw her (in short, black hair) I was like "OMG what's happen with her hair", but now I think it's nice change.

18-12-2011
V.I.P.

I don't get the hype for this girl.
she is clearly a poor copy of Cate Blanchett and Tilda Swinton, but can't reach their levels.
besides, what is so amazing about wearing black all the time???

18-12-2011
V.I.P.

What's wrong with black?

18-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvstratus View Post
I don't get the hype for this girl.
she is clearly a poor copy of Cate Blanchett and Tilda Swinton, but can't reach their levels.
besides, what is so amazing about wearing black all the time???
Copy of Cate just because she wore Givenchy?
These are her first major events, comparing her with those two is unfair imo...
Did we say wearing black is amazing? I think people have been talking about the black hair

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, february, january, mara, rooney