How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
She was AMAZING in Girl With the Dragon Tattoo!! AMAZING! After seeing Noomi Rapace play Lisbeth, I didn't think it was possible for another actress to really do the role justice, but Rooney did and may have even done it better. She took the character and made it her own. Loved it!
now i'm super excited to see the movie

21-12-2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I'm currently reading the book and after watching the preview for the film, Rooney is the perfect Lisbeth for me Her looks at the recent events have been perfect, and it's amazing how versatile she is.

21-12-2011
fashion elite

Man the Peter Pilotto dress looks stunning on the model, wish we could get a full shot of Ronney wearing it. Love the fashion choices she has been making, next to Emma Stone she has been my favorite this year.

21-12-2011
V.I.P.

Love that Peter Pilotto dress, its totally modern day chic with an edge, perfect for her. Happy to hear people raving about her performance, Im counting down the hours till it comes out here

21-12-2011
V.I.P.

I just saw the movie and my god she was perfect! She and Daniel Craig have great chemistry too.

22-12-2011
tfs star

that's great to hear - few friends of mine said that they really doubt in this version, they loved swedish. I, on the other hand, did not seen swedish one so i really hope that david fincher made good movie, with great actors

22-12-2011
tfs star

She was absolutely mesmerizing in GWTDT, but I have to be the dissenting voice in the Oscar buzz. She was great, but I'm not sure if I would call her Oscar worthy. Definitely a great performance though. And the movie itself is amazing. I would even venture to say it outranks the Swedish version. Amazing cinematography, score, performances, everything was pretty much perfect.

22-12-2011
fashion icon

You guys are really getting me excited for the movie. I hope to catch it this weekend.

22-12-2011
tfs star

Let me also mention, since the time has run out for me to edit my original post, that her body is KILLER. SICK. CRAZY.

26-12-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvstratus View Post
I don't get the hype for this girl.
she is clearly a poor copy of Cate Blanchett and Tilda Swinton, but can't reach their levels.
besides, what is so amazing about wearing black all the time???

Yeah, you clearly don't get it Don't worry, probably not your fault.

26-12-2011
I don't know

Just saw Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I really liked the look they gave her. I think I read somewhere that Pat McGrath was responsible for it?

She was quite good but her performance didn't live up to my expectations (neither did the film imo). Her accent also bothered me so much, it was far from a good swedish accent.

26-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post
Just saw Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I really liked the look they gave her. I think I read somewhere that Pat McGrath was responsible for it?

She was quite good but her performance didn't live up to my expectations (neither did the film imo). Her accent also bothered me so much, it was far from a good swedish accent.
yup, it was indeed PM's work behind it.

26-12-2011
I don't know

^Thanks for confirming! She did a fantastic work with the character seeing as her look contributed to much of the performance.

26-12-2011
V.I.P.

Ebert said he would pick the Swedish version over the American one, and I loved the Swedish version, because, well, the books are Swedish! And the actors were so good in the original. Makes me leary of seeing this one, but I will definitely go as I tend to love Fincher's work. Glad to hear people are liking it, and Rooney's work in it, although it is a bit of a pet peeve of mine that the American film industry remakes so many good foreign films.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

26-12-2011
backstage pass

I loved her in TGWTDT! Trish Summerville did a great styling job!
new love for Rooney Mara

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, february, january, mara, rooney