How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-12-2011
V.I.P.

http://www.refinery29.com/rooney-mar...n-tattoo-style

27-12-2011
tfs star

i watched a slideshow - i never seen look form rodarte show - pants, sweter.

More picutres from it?

27-12-2011
V.I.P.

bfanyc

27-12-2011
tfs star

thanks a lot - nice styling, not breathtaking but nice

27-12-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
Ebert said he would pick the Swedish version over the American one, and I loved the Swedish version, because, well, the books are Swedish! And the actors were so good in the original. Makes me leary of seeing this one, but I will definitely go as I tend to love Fincher's work. Glad to hear people are liking it, and Rooney's work in it, although it is a bit of a pet peeve of mine that the American film industry remakes so many good foreign films.
I am a huge fan of the books and I really liked the swedish films, BUT I am telling go see Fincher's version it is really good, and I must say Rooney is fantastic as Lisbeth - really great. All the scenes with Lisbeth are the best part of the movie. I really hope Fincher gets a chance to do part 2 & 3.

27-12-2011
V.I.P.

I second, Rooney is a like a force of nature on screen. Reminded me of early work Angelina Jolie used to do in Gia and Girl, Interrupted.

27-12-2011
.my prison is your brain.

It's hard for me to imagine anyone playing Lisbeth better than Noomi Rapace, but I'm intrigued to see Mara after hearing great things, and of course to see Fincher's cinematography. ...There is still something about the rush to make this adaptation, combined with the mass hype, that rubs me the wrong way though. It's probably just a general annoyance with Hollywood and it's lack of original material these days.

27-12-2011
V.I.P.

I was against the American version at first as well and I will definitely say that the Swedish one is far more fast-paced, but I think Rooney ends up ahead of Noomi...not by much, but I was surprised how much I preferred her take on Lisbeth.

27-12-2011
V.I.P.

ITA with the last few posts. i went into this film fully skeptical, and was very pleased with it. i think a few of the story line things flow better in the swedish version (lisbeth figuring out the bible code, as apposed to craig's daughter in the american version....etc, ) but yeah...definitely worth watching. the music and cinematography alone is just pleasing

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com

27-12-2011
V.I.P.

You guys are great: so happy to hear all the input on the remake and Rooney's portrayal of Lisbeth. I will definitely see the new version, soon I hope!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

27-12-2011
V.I.P.

Cosmopolitan January 2012 (Russia) ebook30

27-12-2011
front row

Can anyone ID her gray top or button front pants in #411?

28-12-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
I second, Rooney is a like a force of nature on screen. Reminded me of early work Angelina Jolie used to do in Gia and Girl, Interrupted.
Totally agree Ronney's intensity and total imersion into character is completely reminiscent of Jolie in "Girl Interrupted" or CHralize Theron in "Monster" all actresses mentioned totally transformed into their roles.

28-12-2011
V.I.P.

dirarmaestro.tumblr

29-12-2011
front row

Rooney Mara by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggot in Stylist magazine (an outtake from the Vogue US)

source: scan by me

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, february, january, mara, rooney