How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Not only does her stylist always pick amazing pieces, Rooney has the ability to pull off dresses that I don't think many actresses could. This Rodarte dress highlights that fact perfectly, it would look so wrong on many, but Rooney (maybe it's because of her strong, non cookie-cutter, look) just wears clothes so damn well!
Agreed.
But the ability to help someone to express her/his own beauty with a touch of clothes is what makes a stylist the good one, right? I can't imagine lots of actresses (ScarJo or Carey Mulligan, for example) wearing most of Rooney's recent outfits, and I also can't imagine Rooney walking in Carey's closet. I mean, there is no the only correct formula of good-looking, and Rooney's stylist is a genius if he could find the right one.
What I like the most about her style is the fact she's pretty unexpected. Florence Welch is all about Elie Saab and Gucci, Blake Lively used to be Marchesa and Chanel girl, etc. But when it comes to Rooney, it's always like, "okay, we got you, Rodarte girl", and then she wears Louis Vuitton, Donna Karan, Michael Kors, or whatever else, and looks perfect again.

07-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Leaving Berlin Airport (5th January 2012).

imnotobsessed

Quote:
SBIFF continues its tradition of honoring the year’s standout performers with The 2012 Virtuosos Award. The actors who were selected to be recognized for their exceptional performances are: DemiŠn Bichir for his earnest portrayal as Carlos, a virtuous father struggling to provide for his son in A Better Life; Rooney Mara for her dark and provocative performance as Lisbeth Salander in David Fincher’s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo; Melissa McCarthy for her role as the hilariously outspoken Megan in Bridesmaids; Patton Oswalt for masterfully navigating between the realms of comedy and drama as Matt Freehauf in Young Adult; Andy Serkis for stepping into the mind and body of an ape through his master of performance-capture technology in his role as Caesar in Rise of the Planet of the Apes; and Shailene Woodley for bringing an emotional complexity to a character rarely seen at her age as Alexandra in The Descendants.

Comments Durling, “I’m ecstatic about this strong line-up of Virtuosos. They all gave us indelible performances.”

The Virtuosos Award was created to recognize a select group of actors who have distinguished themselves through performances in film this past year. Last year’s recipients for this award were Lesley Manville, John Hawkes, Jacki Weaver and Hailee Steinfeld.

The Award presentation, moderated by Entertainment Weekly’s Dave Karger, is sponsored by Stella Artois and will now take place at the Arlington Theatre on Friday, February 3, 2012.

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

J. Altman - LA Times

rooneymara

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
i think she said in an interview she's gonna go back to her "old" hairstyle - blonde and long soon enough (tho, i don't know how since Sony said they're going forward with sequels). IMO, it's the hair that did miracles to her image, made her stood up and then her whole poise and easiness with which she's wearing all these clothes that would look so "wannabe-ish and would totally eat someone else up" came through....
That's too bad. I agree with you about the hair. I think it is perfect and helps to make all her looks that much better. The black hair and stark bangs against her delicate features and alabaster complexion is just ideal. I can't see why she'd want to go back to such a bland and "cookie-cutter" look.

I hope the sequels inspire her to stick with this look; she has just been dynamite lately style-wise and beauty-wise. This thread is like dessert. Everytime I come here I get a little treat.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged

08-01-2012
tfs star

Pretty dress in #533 though the close up shots don't do her lovely face much justice.
I re-watched Youth In Revolt last night forgetting that she was in it. Oh, how she's changed.

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

i need that jacket she's wearing on Berlin airport. it's so so good, i get very Yohji Y. vibe from this outfit.

08-01-2012
trendsetter

Her coat/jacket from the pictures in Berlin looks a lot like one from Reiss, the colour and the cut!

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biba91 View Post
Her coat/jacket from the pictures in Berlin looks a lot like one from Reiss, the colour and the cut!
i'm looking at their site and i must say i can't find anything similar. thanks for the info tho, there are some really cool jackets over at Reiss.

08-01-2012
still here

the beige/olive/taupe jacket is givenchy.

09-01-2012
tfs star

i tink she should not wear red/browish lipstic, coz her features look weird with that kind of make-up. Strong eye, clear lips are the best for her. Also i thing big brows make her nose/face look hars maybe?
but of course she is lovely anyway

09-01-2012
V.I.P.

Rooney Mara at the Rome photocall for "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" (January 9).

celebrity-gossip

Last edited by Dora; 09-01-2012 at 11:35 AM.

09-01-2012
V.I.P.

hmmm...not into this look in particular...

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com

09-01-2012
V.I.P.

I love that itīs leather and the sides cuts but the front detail is ruining the look for me... donīt like the shoes either

09-01-2012
V.I.P.

I love it.

09-01-2012
V.I.P.

The look at Berlin airport is amazing! Love the jacket

This last look is terrible. that is a hideous dress

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, february, january, mara, rooney