How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-01-2012
fashion elite

^i don't know maybe i just want to get her the wrong way...but changing her whole life for getting into the role of Lisbeth , come on? A few piercings and learning to ride a motorcycle and they talk like she went to live among ice bears on the South Pole...

I like that she styled her hair like that with that gown for the GG...very minimalistic and it works though it seems like a dress up - she surely has a great stylist channeling the cool-new-girl-in-Hollywood with reference to her "break-through" part as Lisbeth...but I think Noomi Rapace showed that you don't have to be a great Lisbeth and then try and channel her on every red carpet

www.celebuzz.com

though I do believe that she changed and evolved in her fashion style and choice I do not buy that "I was always that dark, moody-kind-of girl on the inside" come on!

17-01-2012
V.I.P.

^ so well said. ITA!

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com

17-01-2012
trendsetter

I'm sure it's been said before, but she comes off very ungrateful and snobby in interviews. She's not approachable at all. I think in the end that attitude will hurt her because she'll get a rep for being a snobby *ehem* beyotch. She's said before that she's really girly and now all of the sudden she's abandoned that and gone really goth/emo just because of a role?! I dont buy it.

18-01-2012
V.I.P.

I didnt get snobby from her interviews, she was clearly nervous and rightly so and trying to be very composed I dont think shes trying to be anything shes not, she always says how much transformation she had to do for the role.

Ill admit I was a little dissapointed at first when I saw she chose a black gown for the awards, but now I love it, it is so elegant and the details are amazing and she wears it her way and owns it. Hair and makeup suberb as well. That being said I would love for her to pull out some couture stunners like the white Givenchy she wore to the premeire, for the upcoming awards.

18-01-2012
fashion elite

Jomarlusha totally agree. I loved her in "The Girl..." she was wonderful in the part but acting like she was always so hard core etc is just lame.

But I love her red carpet style for the most part, my fave look was the white Givenchy, her stylist is doing a really great job.

18-01-2012
V.I.P.

Iīve seen only two interviews (some talk show and GG) and in neither I thought she was snobby... she was clearly nervous but handled them ok, at least she was articulated
On the other hand, I do find that in some of her written interviews she comes crass or dettached from reality (Allure and W)...

18-01-2012
V.I.P.

When I first watched GWTDT, I went out and watched pretty much every Rooney interview I could find and I thought she was very likable and sweet. From watching her interviews, I've learned that she's the daughter of two Massive football empires, which means that she has undoubtedly grown up with money...So, if she has a snobby air (I haven't noticed it), then I guess it can be attributed to that.

Also, I think it's difficult to say that she's all of sudden changed her personality because she played this character when no one probably even bothered to interview her before now, because she still an unknown. I haven't seen/read any of her pre-GWTDT interviews in order to compare, but I have a feeling there won't be too much a difference there. Just sayin'.

Last edited by sobriquet87; 18-01-2012 at 01:13 PM.

18-01-2012
V.I.P.

I think her background definitely adds to her demeanor. You can tell by the way she carries herself, it's so different from other actresses. She has the mannerisms of woman well-born, as annoying is that is to write! But it's true. She's not flashy in the least.

18-01-2012
V.I.P.

Filming GWTDT was a huge experience and she's changed because of it.
We don't know what she's like personally, now or before,
so I'm not surprised by her style transformation.
Who says we have to maintain ONE look forever? Perhaps
this is how she feels most comfortable now.
I also like the way she is in interviews. It's straightforward and refreshing.
No one ever says this about male actors. Do women have to always put on a bull$hit show?

Except for the ponytail (which could've been executed better,
white still maintaining some edginess) I loved her GG look.

18-01-2012
V.I.P.

I would love to see her hair down, just to see how it looks.

18-01-2012
V.I.P.

Honeyisle, I agree. Especially under her circumstances. A lot of people change their style when they go through physical transformations on the big screen.

18-01-2012
scenester

The interviews that I have seen of her she just seems kind of shy, she did not come off as being arrogant or snobby. I like her, I don't dress the same way I did even a couple of years ago. I don't see the big deal.

18-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
W February 2011 : Rooney Mara by Jean-Baptiste Mondino
Bigger

wmagazine.tumblr.com via blueorchid

18-01-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLove View Post
The interviews that I have seen of her she just seems kind of shy, she did not come off as being arrogant or snobby. I like her, I don't dress the same way I did even a couple of years ago. I don't see the big deal.
Same here. I feel as though people/the media have a sense of entitlement, in that actors/actresses have to act in a certain way i.e. outgoing, bubbly, constantly cheery etc. and if they're not they're targeted for it. She just seems to be a bit of an introvert and shy I think.

She looked stunning at the Golden Globes! I think she should keep the change in hair colour, it makes her features stand out more.

19-01-2012
V.I.P.

I agree with honeyisle's take. I don't see her in a cynical light.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, february, january, mara, rooney