How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-01-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomarlushka View Post
I hate her statement for W. don't know but strikes me as wrong... you never should compare riding or learning to learn a motorcicle with being/or not being bothered with a rape scene imo...her gg outfit is great...but her sudden dark gothic-cool chick vibe seems fake to me, can't explain it but looking at her before it for the Social Network she didn't seem like this girl who always knew she was so different and now she seems like she thinks she invented "coolness"...just saying
OMG where to begin.

First of all, this is fiction. She is not comparing an actual rape scene to riding a motorcycle, but she is talking about a narrative, a screenplay and the scene she was supposed to act. Such a theoretical misunderstanding. I bet she explained it in simple words just to give the idea. I am not saying she is all cool and stuff, but c'mon, this is pure fiction.

Obviously I totally disagree on the gothic-cool chick vibe. She is still young, developing herself in all sorts of directions. She went for Lisbeth Salander, maybe she discovered that this is the kind of style she wants to have. Eventually, she is still playing Salander in 2 more parts, so it's still affecting her. Don't get me wrong, but I can't really see anything fake about that. Still developing, as I wrote.

I am not really fond of looking @ things from 1 perspective.

19-01-2012
V.I.P.

While 26 is young it´s not like she´s that young. In April she turns 27... she´s closer to her 30s than she is to her teens.
The young card can be used so many times, in terms of media attention she´s "young" in the sense of new found fame but in terms of style, I´d assume she knows by now what she likes. You see pics of her before GwtDT and she dressed very girly.

19-01-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga. View Post
OMG where to begin.

First of all, this is fiction. She is not comparing an actual rape scene to riding a motorcycle, but she is talking about a narrative, a screenplay and the scene she was supposed to act. Such a theoretical misunderstanding. I bet she explained it in simple words just to give the idea. I am not saying she is all cool and stuff, but c'mon, this is pure fiction.
I know that she didn't compare those two things I just stated my opinion that mentioning both in one sentence and saying that the experience of learning how to drive a motorcycle was more scary than getting into character and acting to be raped violently does not sound well chosen for me. But I agree that I am very sensitive in terms of cultural studies, gender rights and use of language with certain context in general...so it's rather me beeing way too picky about people and their choice of phrasing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olga. View Post
Obviously I totally disagree on the gothic-cool chick vibe. She is still young, developing herself in all sorts of directions. She went for Lisbeth Salander, maybe she discovered that this is the kind of style she wants to have. Eventually, she is still playing Salander in 2 more parts, so it's still affecting her. Don't get me wrong, but I can't really see anything fake about that. Still developing, as I wrote.

I am not really fond of looking @ things from 1 perspective.
she is 26 and comes from a family where her sister is a couple of years older and got into acting already as a teen so it's not like she doesn't know a dime about the HW-game and all what concerns fashion as well; of course everybody develops constantly it's just that with her background (family big company owners, mother supportive of acting careers, her having a degree in psychology etc.) would make me believe that she is the "naive" breakthrough actress trying to find her style ŕ la Liv Tyler at 16! Come on! She knows how to play the new fashion-ingenue

19-01-2012
When in doubt, wear red.

Saw The Girl With Dragon Tattoo tonight, now I'm even more obsessed with her than beofre. I'm gonna be really pissed if she doesn't get an Oscar nod or if people keep trashing her because there's really something behind all the buzz.
Her performance is astonishing. And I mean it. She's honest, powerful, natural and really fascinating. The camera loves her. The way her skin catches the light is incredible. And she has a great chemistry with Daniel Craig on screen. She really blew me away.

21-01-2012
V.I.P.

Gala France 970 11 au 17 Janvier 2012 ebook30

21-01-2012
V.I.P.

21-01-2012
V.I.P.

It's quite amazing what the right hair color and cut can make you look completely different. She used to look kind of bland but now the black hair and brows really brings out her features. She is so beautiful!

21-01-2012
V.I.P.

I agree. I just saw the movie Youth in Revolt where she has a small part and didn't recognize her at all. It wasn't until the credits rolled and I saw her name that I even made the connection.

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

I saw Girl with the dragon tattoo. Not only I think it's a great movie, but her perfomance was amazing. Loved it!

22-01-2012
Meg
inspired contemplation

Just a reminder to keep this thread on the topic of Rooney's style and not comments on her personality

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

Dazed and confused photoshoot

rooney-mara.com

22-01-2012
V.I.P.

I saw an interview on E! the other day, she said she used to dressed very girly but now she prefers muted tones, black & gray and utilitarian clothes. She didn´t say if it´s because of Lisbeth but at least she acknowledges the change...

^in the first pic, are those bat earrings? any ID?

23-01-2012
backstage pass

I don't think just because you're not super open and happy about everything makes you come of as a "snobby *ehem* beyotch" at all. Not everyone is comfortable in those situations. I would probably come of as that because I don't take things lightly when they're hot topics and I don't think it's about being grateful tbh.

I don't think she's channeling Lisbeth (wearing Lanvin?) but I do think that becoming a character over a period of time makes you a different person in some way. I know how I feel 30 mins after I see a good film, I take something with me, feel with the character and the story and then imagine how they must feel! Also, this is probably her first role that's like this. Lisbeth's past and everything, it's a brutal story.

Love her short fringe. I'm usually a long fringe supporter but she looks great in that hairstye.

Last edited by Buttercup; 23-01-2012 at 06:41 AM.

24-01-2012
V.I.P.

Congrats tot her for Oscar nomination, i still didn't have the time to catch the movie (its over 2 hours), but am very happy for her.

24-01-2012
V.I.P.

I liked you Rooney, but no. Not at the expense of Tilda.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, february, january, mara, rooney