How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-02-2012
front row

Stunning! She is actually so striking looking and I agree white really suits her.

28-02-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenab View Post
Why are there no pictures of her with her sister?
I was wondering that too

28-02-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenab View Post
Why are there no pictures of her with her sister?
Here's one

popsugar

28-02-2012
V.I.P.

^

Seriously, the more I look at this dress, the more I love it.

Interesting article about the gown itself. Mara said it was custom made.
Quote:
Oscars Fashion: ‘Dragon Tattoo’ star Rooney Mara Tells the Story of Her Custom Givenchy Gown

Nominee Rooney Mara was definitely one of the Oscars’ best dressed Sunday. She wore a couture Givenchy made expressly for her.

“It was custom designed with Riccardo Tisci for me based an idea that I had,” Rooney tells The Hollywood Reporter of the pearl-colored lace mermaid gown, which had a skin-toned satin bra closure in the back. The zipper was also done in natural satin in contrast to the dress.

“They were very generous in letting me give them my input,” she continues, “and were the first people to approach me about an Oscar gown.”
We’re not sure Rooney realizes that Givenchy couture and Riccardo Tisci are about the hottest fashion commodities going right now. Givenchy spring 2012 is one of the most coveted collections of all time. It’s already nearly sold out at stores without the pieces even having hit the floor.

“The fabric is beautiful,” she went on about the complicated and very delicate lace of the gown that fell into a lovely and natural train. “It’s modern but romantic. That’s the combination I like.”

Rooney was, unlike most virgin Oscar-goers, unflappable — in a way, perhaps, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo’s Lisbeth Salander would be. “It’s been a pretty calm week,” she confessed.

“My whole family is here,” she says. “I start making a new film in March, so afterwards, I’ll catch my breath and start rehearsing. I’ve learned so much from the time I got the part till now, but the important part to me is to feel comfortable and like myself — and this dress is part of the plan.”

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 28-02-2012 at 03:49 PM.

28-02-2012
fashion icon

^Why did she claim in her red carpet interview that she just chose the dress arbitrarily the morning of the Oscars if she had been working with Givenchy on the gown all this time?

28-02-2012
scenester

maybe she meant she had only tried it on for the first time(the finished product atleast)that morning.

28-02-2012
fashion insider

...Hm, good question, loladonna. Maybe to avoid a whole long story in those barely-three minutes she had with Ryan, she just gave a half-assed answer to save time. I know I would.

29-02-2012
.my prison is your brain.

^ Huh? How much harder is it to say that it's a dress she custom-designed with Ricardo.

I'm hoping, like surfsunshine said, that she meant to say it was the first time she tried it on and that she's not trying to do the: "I'm above fashion, I don't give a sh*t" act because she is very lucky to have all these designers clamoring for her, and an excellent stylist who lets her take the credit by avoiding the spotlight.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 29-02-2012 at 08:29 AM.

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

her answer indeed seems strange. i don't get why she didn't mention during those RC interviews that it was a custom made dress just for her. her shtick "i'm above fashion" seems awfully weird considering she went to recent fashion shows, not to say kinda snobbish (and the whole "above it" argument falls into water). it's becoming slightly tiring, tbh, and i can't help myself from thinking that the whole reason why she didn't pose with her sister goes hand in hand with an (fincher constructed) image she's trying to convey (removing herself from the "mara clan"). tbh, i find it weird there aren't almost any pics of her posing with anyone from the industry. don't get me wrong, she's my new ultimate fashion darling, but her personality is rubbing me the wrong way as time passes.

29-02-2012
scenester

I don't think she's trying to seem above caring about fashion.she said in an interview that she likes fashion.

29-02-2012
trendsetter

I think people are being way too hard on her.

29-02-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsunshine View Post
I don't think she's trying to seem above caring about fashion.she said in an interview that she likes fashion.
Thanks for clearing that up, good to hear

29-02-2012
Automated Thread Manager

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, february, january, mara, rooney