How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-06-2011
V.I.P.

what's even worse, i think it's real cus in some interview she mentioned going through the piercing. O_o
ouch.

08-06-2011
fashion elite

^Yes that is correct she really pierced her nipples, now if she does the three movies, that means she has to keep them in for a couple of years!

08-06-2011
fashion icon

I feel bad for her if she has to keep that horrible haircut for several years.

09-06-2011
front row

Nipple ring = me wanting to scream out in pain for her

09-06-2011
front row

If it wouldn't be for that movie, I'd like the poster.

But seeing as the poster itself portrays something that never even occurs in the books and gives away a completely wrong vibe (apart from the fact that Lisbeth is supposed to be really flat chested in the beginning) ... I have to say I HATE it. I honestly still had some kind of hope that the movie might be okay, but for that poster alone I hate David Fincher. Both characters don't look their part face-expression wise, and I think Fincher totally sold the soul of the books for a few more viewers.

09-06-2011
fashion elite

@MAngotree, I agree with you that the poster is a coplete failure, I am a huge fan of the books and I am pissed off that they chose to go that route. But please give David Fincher a chance he is a brilliant film maker, and I still believe the movie can be great.

09-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Rooney Mara and boyfriend Charles McDowell take a walk on Tuesday (June 7th 2011) in Stockholm, Sweden.

justjared

At first I thought this was Carey Mulligan. I think it's because her outfit is very low-key and comfortable looking.

09-06-2011
fashion elite

@lolasvelt, thanks for the pictures, is the boyfriend an actor as well. I love her cheekbones, they are so prominent!

09-06-2011
V.I.P.

her boyfriend is the son of malcom mcdowell (alex from the clockwork orange) - charlie mcdowell who's a producer/director.

she looks nice, still in GWTDT shape i see.

09-06-2011
fashion elite

@dajrekshn, thank you so much for the info, wow great catch, I love Malcolm Mcdowell, must be so cool to know somebody who worked with Kubrick.

10-06-2011
V.I.P.

hmm, her boyfriend is definitely hot
and from I can see, both buys clothes in Zara...

11-08-2011
V.I.P.

dailymail

11-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Who would win the right to be Lisbeth Salander? Last summer, Hollywood was consumed with that question, as some of the biggest names in the business competed to land that coveted starring role in David Fincher’s adaptation of the international best-selling crime thriller, “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.”

Actresses like Natalie Portman, Kristen Stewart and Ellen Page reportedly were eyeing the gig, and yet it went to a relative unknown named Rooney Mara. The fresh-faced Mara seemed an unlikely choice at first to play Salander, an emotionally scarred, motorcycle-driving hacker not adverse to violent confrontations with anyone who crosses her. But our first look at Mara in character assuaged any fan misgivings: Mara has turned into Salander.

And perhaps no one was more impressed by that transformation than co-star Daniel Craig, who plays Mikael Blomkvist, the disgraced journalist hired to investigate a decades-old missing-persons case. Blomkvist then hires Salander to assist in the search.

“Rooney is massively impressive,” he told MTV News during a recent “Cowboys & Aliens” press event. “She took [it] on under a massive amount of pressure because obviously there’s a lot of expectation. I was massively impressed and she absolutely nailed this. People are hopefully are going to be incredibly surprised and happy with her performance.”

“Dragon Tattoo” marks Fincher’s first film after the Oscar-nominated hit “The Social Network,” in which Mara played a small role. During production on that Facebook-focused flick, Jesse Eisenberg was blown away that Fincher would shoot certain scenes 60 times or more. Craig experienced something similar on “Dragon Tattoo,” though he emphasized he expected nothing less.

“Yeah, but I don’t count,” he said of Fincher’s copious takes. “People are always asking me about that, saying, ‘Isn’t that strange or whatever it is?’ but actors live for that. I want to do it over and over again until I get it right. I don’t count, so I couldn’t tell you what the largest amount of takes are. … The whole process was great. All of it was great. I had a lot of fun on it.”
rooneymara

11-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
These days, Rooney Mara (star of the upcoming thriller "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo") is anything but lost — but in the just-posted trailer for "Tanner Hall," the wide-eyed starlet captures teen angst with ease.

Directed by Tatiana von Furstenberg (daughter of DVF herself) and Francesca Gregorini (Ringo Starr's stepdaughter), the coming-of-age drama follows the story of Mara, a boarding-school girl whose senior year becomes terribly complicated due to one scheming friend (Georgia King) and one much older man (Tom Everett Scott).

Mara learns the hard way that sometimes you must "lose your way" to "find your self." (Yes, these phrases do actually flash on-screen during the film's trailer, but we'll try not to hold that against it.) There's a little something for everyone: romantic car rides in the country, deviant nights at amusement parks, and, of course, girl fights in all their forms.

But don't take our word for it, check out the trailer for yourself, courtesy of Vulture, and see if this adventure of self-discovery feels right to you. "Tanner Hall" opens September 9.
nextmovie

15-08-2011
V.I.P.

Entertainment Weekly - Fall Movie Double

Quote:
On her last meeting with Fincher after two-plus months of auditioning: “At that point I was just super frustrated. I was like, ‘You have to decide. Either you think I’m the girl or you don’t. There’s not much more I can do to prove it to you.’ I went in there sort of ready to fight. I was pissed. But David sat me down and gave me this long speech about the part. Then he handed me his iPad, and it had the press release on it. He said, ‘I’m prepared to send this out. You have half an hour to let me know if you want the part.’”

On the controversial poster, which features Mara topless: “I was supportive of it. I understand why there was a lot of controversy. People have a hard time with strong females and with nudity. But I think had I been doing something incredibly violent on the poster, people wouldn’t have had a problem with it. That sort of says a lot about the world that we live in. It’s just a teaser poster. I think it did just that. It teased people.”

On filming the book’s notoriously harrowing rape scene: “It was incredibly intense. We did it all in a week — the week of Valentine’s Day, oddly enough. We were working 16 hours a day, and it was really, really challenging, not just emotionally but physically. But it’s such an important scene. We wanted to do everything we could to get that right.”
rooneymara

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2012, february, january, mara, rooney