How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-08-2011
V.I.P.

Cracking the case: Daniel Craig (Mikael Blomkvist ) and Rooney Mara (Lisbeth Salander) in character in a scene from the upcoming film The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, investigating a missing persons case

dailymail

25-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Four female up and coming actresses including Rooney Mara and Mia Wasikowska vying for Terrence Malick’s next project

A quartet of female up and comers – Mia Wasikowska, Clemence Posey, Rooney Mara and Haley Bennet – are all vying for the lead role in acclaimed director Terrence Malick’s next project, also starring Christian Bale, and due to start shooting in early 2012, Twitch are reporting.

Of the four female actresses in contention, Bennet is probably the least well known. Starring in 2008′s Marley and Me, she has since starred in little known films such as Arcadia Lost and Kaboom, and this could be quite the break out for her. Also perhaps, for Poesy, who since starring in the Harry Potter series has spent time acting in TV shows such as Gossip Girl and Richard II, and can next be seen in the adaptation of Sebastian Faulks Birdsong, with Richard Madden (TV’s Game of Thrones)

Wasikowska and Mara are probably the two most well-known names on Malick’s list. Mara, who broke out in 2010′s Oscar winner The Social Network, will next be seen in the small indie film Tanner Hall, before the huge promotional push begins for David Fincher’s adaptation of the worldwide hit book series The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, a role for which Mara beat out numerous other up and coming actresses.

For Wasikowska, who broke out in 2010 after starring Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland and then the Oscar nominee indie drama The Kids Are All Right, an early 2012 production date may clash with several other upcoming projects she has – including Stoker, A View From A Bridge and an untitled project with director Jim Jarmusch and Jane Eyre co-star Michael Fassbender.

Malick is renouned for spending years shaping his work, and has created only four films between 1973 and 2010. Amazingly, over the next two years, he could well look to double that – following the release of The Tree of Life this past year, Malick has the already-filmed production starring Ben Affleck and Jessica Chastain looking for an early 2012 release, and now this untitled project – which will feature a smaller than usual cast, focusing on one pair of leads only.
upandcomers

25-08-2011
V.I.P.

flicksandbits

08-09-2011
V.I.P.

Rooney Mara arrived at the premiere of her new movie Tanner Hall looking a little more like her old self earlier tonight

dailymail

08-09-2011
V.I.P.

rooney-mara.us

08-09-2011
backstage pass

She's really channelling Lisbeth Salander. There is something in her eyes that it evokes Salander. She's going to be great in these movies. Just can feel it. Nothing fake about her.

11-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Rooney Mara grabs food to go from Cafe Gitane and takes a stroll through Soho of NYC (10th September 2011).

zimbio

11-09-2011
backstage pass

The epitome of uber-cool.

13-09-2011
V.I.P.

Rooney got the Wintour treatment. The second picture is waiting to be captioned.
Quote:
Actress Rooney Mara attends the Rodarte Spring 2012 fashion show at Pace Gallery during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on September 13, 2011 in New York City.

zimbio

13-09-2011
V.I.P.

that's one great top. she has a nice sense for fashion, seems like she's into fashion risks in general. me likey.

13-09-2011
tfs star

She looks great at Rodarte. Cool top indeed. I don't know if it's the make-up or haircut but eyes are really standing out.

14-09-2011
tfs star

I love her look at Rodarte. She's one of like...three young actresses who just exudes real, genuine confidence without trying to be "sexy" (which most young startlets mistake for confidence). At the same time is interested in fashion and doesn't try too hard or do it for anyone else but themselves. I mean I don't know her obviously, but that's how she comes off and I find it very attractive. It's like her, Mia Wasikowska, and Imogen Poots who have this quality and I absolutely love it.

Here's hoping she dethrones the crap out of Blake Lively.

Last edited by chickadee; 14-09-2011 at 12:14 AM.

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

So do I, Chickadee.

14-09-2011
fashion elite

chickadee I am so with you!!!

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

gettyimages

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags