How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-12-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

I'm so torn between Ryan and Fassy, it's getting crazy. Gosling has always been my number #1, everybody knows it. But lately (F)assbender is getting closer to my top spot. And he really put me on my knees with SHAME, when Ryan is too busy cheating on me with Eva Mendes. So just for that my vote goes to Fassmelter
But they both completely deserve it, if only we could get Leo out of the list already.

13-12-2011
V.I.P.

Yeah we all been so disapponted lately with that Eva thingy
But I guess he will regain our hearts when hell walk the red carpet soon
Posted via Mobile Device

13-12-2011
tfs star

Can someone explain to me why, or better yet HOW DiCaprio is nominated? Wasn't J. Edgar a flop, and what's more critically panned? I mean, Leo's a good actor but seriously. Anyways, Ryan looks good in the 1950s costumes. So sleek and just all around swag. Love the hats he's been wearing.

13-12-2011
fashion icon

^ I think with those awards shows they look at the individual performance when it comes to Best Actor/Actress nominations. Leo's performance was widely praised even though the film itself wasn't well-received. Anyways, I'm excited that Ryan was nominated. It means we get to see him in more fabulous suits come awards season.

14-12-2011
she had boys in her room

There are six Critics' Choice nominees though - I think Ryan and Leo will (and should) lose their spots to Gary Oldman.

14-12-2011
less is more

^^^ Leo is nominated because his status in Hollywood means he has to be even if the movie and performance is rubbish. I personally find him to be a totally overrated actor and not at all attractive.

Regarding the Fassy/Gosling, I totally have this too! Lately, I've been erring a little towards Fassy. I think he may be the slightly better actor and the whole Eva thing put me off Ryan. But, then again, when Fassy was with Zoe, I liked him less than Ryan because Zoe is pretty basic and untalented (like Eva). Why can't these guys date interesting, talented, intelligent women?!

14-12-2011
V.I.P.

Ryan should win HANDS DOWN for his acting in "Drive" Seriously, that movie was AMAZING & his performance literally had EVERYTHING..

I honestly don't even get why there's even a question
Posted via Mobile Device

14-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox_yr_sox View Post
^^^ Leo is nominated because his status in Hollywood means he has to be even if the movie and performance is rubbish. I personally find him to be a totally overrated actor and not at all attractive.

Regarding the Fassy/Gosling, I totally have this too! Lately, I've been erring a little towards Fassy. I think he may be the slightly better actor and the whole Eva thing put me off Ryan. But, then again, when Fassy was with Zoe, I liked him less than Ryan because Zoe is pretty basic and untalented (like Eva). Why can't these guys date interesting, talented, intelligent women?!
I completely, COMPLETELY agree!!

Leo is a fine actor and all, I could admit that but he's VERY overrated & had been hyped way, waaaaaay too much

I like Fassy he's very talented in ALL the movie I've seen him in, but, imo he's kinda brand knew on the scene, so......

Plus, what the heck IS it with so called "intelligent actors" dating pretty, untalented, zero personality actresses???
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by modelista; 14-12-2011 at 05:32 AM.
14-12-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox_yr_sox View Post
I so completely agree, don;t get me wrong Leo is a good actor and I admire how disciplined he is about his career choices and how he steered away from the whole hearthrob thing, but he has played the same character for the past ten years!!! Leo does not deserve an OScar nom!!!!

I really hope Ryan scores a SAG nomination because then he has a chance of an Oscar nom. I think Gary Oldman's performance in "Tinker..." is too restrained/contained and "quiet", not flashy enough for the Academy to take notice - I think.

14-12-2011
tfs star

I hate to be the Mom here, but let's not judge too harshly. There may be more to these girls than meets the eye. In solidarity, I'm not a fan of either myself. Something about Eva puts me off. I find her a little arrogant with no reason; she's gorgeous certainly, but she didn't so much accomplish that as she was blessed with it. But that's an impression I got from a barely five-minute interview, and that's hardly an informed opinion. Apparently, though, she has known Ryan for years. So there's that.

As for Zoe, I find it a little harder to be warm because she's clearly benefitting from the worst form of nepotism. I don't find her to be talented as an actress at all. She was the absolute worst part of X-Men. Plus, she's run through all my favorite actors: Ezra Miller, Ben Foster, and recently Fassy only to end up with Penn Badgeley. She does have a nice voice though, so maybe she should try singing. And I do--most of the time, not lately--like her style. She seems very comfortable with herself. All that said, whatever their taste in women, both these guys are talented actors. I doubt this will be the last time they're nominated for something, so I'm breathing easy. Whoever wins, fingers crossed for both of them.

P. S. Is Oldman's performance pretty awesome or just typical good old Oldman, for those who have seen Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy?

Last edited by chickadee; 14-12-2011 at 06:12 AM.
14-12-2011
fashion insider

He is probably my biggest celebrity crush since Leonardo DiCaprio.

14-12-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
P. S. Is Oldman's performance pretty awesome or just typical good old Oldman, for those who have seen Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy?
No, it is not typical Oldman, it is a very quiet and subdued performance, fantastic of course (I mean we are talking about Oldman one of the greatest actors), can you believe Oldman has never been nominated for an Oscar?!?!

14-12-2011
I don't know

Mod Note: Can you please not go too off topic, this thread is primarily for Ryan Gosling's style. Please move your discussions to the Talking Movie Awards 2011 and the Ryan Gosling dating Eva Mendes threads respectively.

The Talking Movie Awards thread is a great thread for these kind of discussions

14-12-2011
tfs star

Whoops. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobro22 View Post
No, it is not typical Oldman, it is a very quiet and subdued performance, fantastic of course (I mean we are talking about Oldman one of the greatest actors), can you believe Oldman has never been nominated for an Oscar?!?!
I can NOT. Even though I've known it for years, meanwhile people like Sandra Bullock have actually won them. But veering right back on topic, I do love his red carpet style. I like that he's never been a boring penguin suit type of guy. So here's hoping that he at least gets nominated just so that he can bring some sexy flavor to what is sure to be a boring red carpet.

posh24

He looks so good in a suit. I mean, he looks good in everything but I love him best in a suit.

14-12-2011
V.I.P.

I love that he wears red socks with those tuxedos LOL

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gosling, ryan