How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-12-2011
tfs star

I love that sometimes those tuxedos are velvet...

15-12-2011
fashion elite

I really love that Ryan is one of the few male actors that actually has fun with the red carpet, there is a sense of humor in his fashion choices. Love that about him.

15-12-2011
trendsetter

There's a very quiet whisper going round that Ryan is being tapped to play Jeremy Blake in The Golden Suicides. Whether anything will come of it I don't know because they are really in the early stages of development, but that's the word I heard anyway, thought you'd want to know.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 15-12-2011 at 06:05 AM.
15-12-2011
trendsetter

I'll be honest, I didn't see one GG nomination for him, but for him to go and nab 2, is brilliant. Sadly it probably means his Oscar chances are DOA, but for once I really love the fact the HFPA are a little nuts with their choices!

15-12-2011
Hell on Heels

WTF @ the golden globes nominations. I really can't believe that drive only got a nom for albert brooks. screenplay, directing, ryan himself... wtf? also the crazy stupid love nomination is totally random.

15-12-2011
tfs star

The Golden Globes are really dreadful. I wouldn't be too offended.

V.I.P.

I´m actually very happy that he got nominated for Drama and Comedy all in the same year, imagine if he´d won the two!
most likely he´d lose in Drama but I think his chances for Comedy aren´t dead...

15-12-2011
trendsetter

Look at it like this, nominations for drama and comedy is just confirmation of what a diverse actor he actually is.

15-12-2011
V.I.P.

^exactly

15-12-2011
V.I.P.

Regarding The Golden Suicides, Bret Easton Ellis mentioned Ryan Gosling playing Jeremy Blake in one of these tweets. He is on a roll.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_f View Post
WTF @ the golden globes nominations. I really can't believe that drive only got a nom for albert brooks. screenplay, directing, ryan himself... wtf? also the crazy stupid love nomination is totally random.
I know rite I loooove that he got nominated in two different catagories & it DOES show his diversity..

but, he gets nominated for playing a pretty boy but in a movie like "Drive" that shows his talent & depth, he gets snubbed... I mean, wtf?!?!?
Posted via Mobile Device

15-12-2011
fashion icon

So happy that Ryan got nominated for two GG but I'm still a little shocked that one of them wasn't for Drive. I thought that was his standout role of the year, although I'm not saying the others weren't good, it's just that Drive was my favorite. Although the fact that he got nominated in two different categories definitely show's his diversity. I hope this doesn't mean that Drive's chances of an Oscar nom is dunzo... although it probably is. But hey, look at the positives, we will get to see Ryan at the GG's lookin' mighty fine!

V.I.P.

NYMag's 11 Most Surprisingly Stylish Celebrities of 2011 - Ryan Gosling

Speaking of Gosling, let’s be honest: We all want to think that, prior to this year, we’d have I.D.-ed him based on Lars and the Real Girl, or … see, we already forgot the rest of his CV, because he was primarily known for his damp, manly yearning in The Notebook and his ensuing relationship with co-star Rachel McAdams. But in 2011, Gosling not only nailed an abundance of layered movie roles, he also displayed a natty, witty fashion sense, all of which contributed to the uproar when he lost People’s Sexiest Man Alive to Bradley Cooper. Which means we’ve officially graduated from wanting him to date some other girl, to wanting him to date us. In a whimsical suit, please.

nymag.com

16-12-2011
fashion elite

@littlepaperstars that is great news (runour) about THe Golden Suicides, but who would be directing? that is really impotant, hope its someone really great.

The Golden Globes are really just a grat party and a good show (yay Ricky) all the nominations are basically based on bribes and star wattage. Ryan got a nom for Ides and not Drive (he so deserves to get nominated for Drive) b/c of the Clooney factor.

Nonetheless I cannot wait to see him on the red carpet with his Mom, in a stunning suit!

16-12-2011
fashion insider

I feel like he's grown into himself these last two years. He has so much confidence now which adds to his sexiness.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gosling, ryan