How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-11-2011
V.I.P.

^^there were pics of them kissing in her car a while ago.

28-11-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

A kiss doesn't prove anything, especially when you see how tense they look in some pics and big lack of chemistry they seem to have.
I'm really loving that new coat, great replacement to the lumber jacket

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 28-11-2011 at 02:57 AM.
28-11-2011
trendsetter

The Paris pictures look like their shooting a commercial. Every shot looks planned. They're looking sideways, up, down, at each other. Anyways,

Ryan's face is changing.

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_f View Post
nothing screams 'staged' more than the pere lachaiese photos. it's a bit depressing to think that he gave in such an hollywood cliche - i wonder if they have the same publicist?
i agree. this totally fuels the ever existing doubts i have about him carefully calculating and building this image of his to a detail and very consciously.

i checked the agent/publicist info - Ryan's publicist is the (sorta) infamous Robin Baum and he's signed to IFA Talent, while Mendes is signed over at CAA, but after searching for over 15 min i can't find anything on it.

less is more

^ I want to believe this relationship is fake too and given the staged nature of the photos, it kind of suggests it. But why would any publicist worth their salt match Ryan, an aspiring a-list, serious, dramatic actor who's aiming for an Oscar up with Eva. Eva, basically a hoochie for hire, whose sole responsibility in most films she appears in is to appear hot (and at 37, this kind of career is approaching its use by date).

So, if the relationship is to publicize The Place Beyond the Pines, I think it would have been a better match to go with Rose Byrne, who's less famous of course but much more talented and versatile. And if it's just a showmance in general, why not try for a female counterpart who's in Ryan's league in terms of talent, prestige or hollywood status (Michelle, Rooney, Carey, Keira, Jennifer Lawrence, Scarlett etc).

These reasons kind of make me think that perhaps this is a real relationship, maybe not a very serious one that will last for a while, but real nonetheless.

28-11-2011
she had boys in her room

I don't think Ryan would be in a "fake" relationship and I hope he wouldn't call the paps either. They do seem to be enjoying putting on a show for the cameras though..

He looks great.

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox_yr_sox View Post
^ I want to believe this relationship is fake too and given the staged nature of the photos, it kind of suggests it. But why would any publicist worth their salt match Ryan, an aspiring a-list, serious, dramatic actor who's aiming for an Oscar up with Eva. Eva, basically a hoochie for hire, whose sole responsibility in most films she appears in is to appear hot (and at 37, this kind of career is approaching its use by date).

So, if the relationship is to publicize The Place Beyond the Pines, I think it would have been a better match to go with Rose Byrne, who's less famous of course but much more talented and versatile. And if it's just a showmance in general, why not try for a female counterpart who's in Ryan's league in terms of talent, prestige or hollywood status (Michelle, Rooney, Carey, Keira, Jennifer Lawrence, Scarlett etc).

These reasons kind of make me think that perhaps this is a real relationship, maybe not a very serious one that will last for a while, but real nonetheless.
i don't necessarily think that staged pics mean fake relationship, tbh, just that he's more willing to play "the game" than he seems/says/appears to. i really don't want to think this is a fake relationship cus if it is...well, ryan would lose around 80% of the appeal for me asap. on a publicist note and why eva of all the people - he's raising her profile and also enjoying her company on multiple levels. it's a win - win situation (this comes from the premise this is a real relationship and as an answer why there are so many obv staged pics). .

fashion elite

dajrekshn great analysis. I also really don't want to believe that Ryan would be in a "fake" relationship, I just think he is too good of an actor to do that. But I do agree that he is definitely manipulationg the gossip machine and "playing the game" in order to raise his profile, let's face it for some reason people are not going to the theater to watch his movies (on a side note why is that?).

P.S. dajrekshn why is Ryan's publicist, Robin Baum, infamous?

28-11-2011
fashion insider

ugh I hate to see the pics of them together, so obvious that those were staged, and their PR supposed us to believe them? why on earth they won't pairing Ryan with someone better? what a waste of Ryan lol

28-11-2011
fashion icon

If it is staged I agree with you that it Eva is an odd choice, but if it isn't staged, I think from the body language he seems very uninterested and Eva seems more so. Judging from how he used to be when he was with Rachel..

V.I.P.

HQs

tlfan

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

^I like the way he always tucks his tshirt so that the belt buckle shows, itīs a nice trendy detail to bring some "oomph" to his more classic outfits

28-11-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox_yr_sox View Post
But why would any publicist worth their salt match Ryan, an aspiring a-list, serious, dramatic actor who's aiming for an Oscar up with Eva. Eva, basically a hoochie for hire, whose sole responsibility in most films she appears in is to appear hot (and at 37, this kind of career is approaching its use by date).
That's exactly what I think! If they wanted to create a buzz, they would have tried to get him to date Emma Stone, or another actress on the rise...

V.I.P.

^maybe other celebs on the rise didnīt want to? Emma Stone is dating Andrew Garfield, if itīs a PR thing it makes more sense for Emma to date her co-star.
And Ryan has a thing for older women so... LOL

28-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
And Ryan has a thing for older women so... LOL
I was thinking the same thing.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gosling, ryan