How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-06-2011
fashion icon

I can't wait to see his new films....

09-06-2011
fashion elite

^Cannot wait for "Crazy Stupid Love" July 29th!!!!!!!!!!!! Mark your calendars.

10-06-2011
less is more

^ The trailer is good, but it basically tells you what the whole plot of the movie is going to be. Sure, I'll go see it, but I know exactly what I'm gonna get. Still, I think it's good that he's expanding his horizons and doing comedies, not just sticking to 'serious' indie work. Versatility in an actor is important.

10-06-2011
fashion elite

^Couold not agree more, yes this is a mainstream comedy that is targeted at the masses, but I think it is really smart of him t try and branch out. The only way he can get his passion projects financed is if he gets some mainstream love. Ryan is just too talented to just make low budget indies (which I love).

13-06-2011
rising star

I love him and his style. Yesterday I saw blue Valentine,it was amazing michelle williams and he's performances were extraordinary!

13-06-2011
fashion elite

^Yeah he was really great in "Blue Valentine", shocked when he wasn't nomnated.

15-06-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

Interesting read from Laineygossip

Quote:
Son in the audience

Yesterday at McMaster University, convocation for Humanities studies, class of 2011, a woman walks up to receive her diploma. From the audience, a loud shout:

LOVE YOU MOM! YOUíRE THE BEST MOM EVER!

It was Ryan Gosling. He was there for his mother.

Hereís Ryan with his ma and sister in 2007 at the Oscars when he was nominated for Best Actor for his work in Half Nelson. Also, a series of photos I never posted of him from the final ceremony in Cannes a few weeks ago looking really, really hot but Iím not supposed to think that because heís smoking which... I mean Iím torn about this because, of course, obviously, smoking is bad, but sometimes a man smoking a cigarette, itís a sexy thing, and saying this is a terrible thing as it can encourage a terrible habit.

The ongoing debate is that we have been conditioned by those images, pop culturally brainwashed by the likes of James Dean, almost never without a cigarette, into associating smoking with attractiveness. If thatís the case, it follows then that Iím incapable of being able to objectively analyse whether or not I am attracted to someone if they are smoking. I find Ryan Gosling very attractive in these photos of him smoking. Is it because heís actually attractive, or because Iíve been socially conditioned to see it that way?

(Thanks to all who emailed about this, including Shervin! See you at SMUT next week?)

Anyway, hilarious little item that Joan M sent to me yesterday about Ryan but really itís about Chloe Sevigny. She was being interviewed by the NY Daily News and offered a series of personal New York insights:

"I hate being busy in New York. I'd rather just sit in Tompkins Square Park all day and not do anything. I go to this party on Sundays at Sway, it's like a Smiths night thing. I go eat at Raoul's all the time... or Omen... Veselka. I saw Ryan Gosling on the street the other day. It was hot. He checked me out, but I don't think he knew who I was. I was in sunglasses."

Imagine blithely tossing that off in a conversation? Hereís Chloe at the CFDA Awards last week in what looks to be something of her own design for Opening Ceremony. I love it. And I love Opening Ceremony. And, well, if it was Harry Potter + Opening Ceremony vs Will & Kate, then how would you choose?
Laineygossip

16-06-2011
fashion elite

LOL, I love that Lainey is obsessed with Ryan, she is one of the greatest sources for Ryan gossip!

16-06-2011
V.I.P.

Rob Pattinson, Steve Carell, Jason Segel and Ryan Gosling - MTV Movie Awards 2011

16-06-2011
V.I.P.

Justin Timberlake wants to work with Ryan
Justin Timberlake is currently promoting his latest movie ďBad TeacherĒ and he revealed he wants to work with Ryan. Justin and Ryan were both part of The Mickey Mouse Club.

PLAYBOY: What was in the water on the set of The All New Mickey Mouse Club that turned so many of those Mouseketeers into stars?
TIMBERLAKE: A really good casting director, Iíd say. Whatís funny is I didnít know at the time that the people around me would go on to so many great things. The exception was Christina Aguilera. She was the prodigy. She could sing better than the adults who had huge deals at the time. We always felt she was going to become Whitney Houston or Mariah Carey or whoever she wanted to be. And also Ryan Gosling. I thought he had charisma that was just beaming, which has turned out to serve him really well as an actor. Even now I still root for that family of actors. I still love to see people from those days making good on their talent. Itís a special connection.

PLAYBOY: Any moments of debauchery from those Disney days you can share?
TIMBERLAKE: It was silly stuff mostly. We werenít into anything too dangerous. Ryan and I were partners in crime on that show, and I remember one time we skipped school, took a golf cart and rode to the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids set. We got milk shakes. Those are the kinds of badasses we were.

PLAYBOY: What about in movies? Who would you like to work with?
TIMBERLAKE: It would be fun to do something with Ryan Gosling because weíve known each other since we were 10. Picking movies is more than hiring actors. Whoís going to be leading the ship? Whoís the director? What is the script saying? What story are we telling?

16-06-2011
V.I.P.

Thanks for that video of him arriving at the movie awards! He's so effortlessly sexy.

16-06-2011
V.I.P.

Love his red socks lol
thanks for the vid

16-06-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

I think this is recent, don't know where or when it was taken though.

eonline.com

16-06-2011
V.I.P.

Ugh he's so hot I can't handle it lol. I really like the way he dresses. It's casual but so well put together.

16-06-2011
V.I.P.

Ryan Gosling at La Vida in Hollywood

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, gosling, november, ryan