How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-07-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenysha75 View Post
On location is reporting that “The Place Beyond The Pines” will film this Wednesday (July 27) in New York. His co-star Bradley Cooper is also expected to start filming. Let’s hope we will get some photos of Ryan on set!

Those of you hoping to catch a glimpse of the actors from “The Place Beyond The Pines” will have a chance when the crew “robs” the main branch of First National Bank of Scotia on July 27.

According to John Buhrmaster, president of First National, the branch, at 201 Mohawk Ave. in Scotia, NY, will be a location in the independent feature film “The Place Beyond The Pines”.

The movie, which stars Ryan Gosling, Bradley Cooper, Eva Mendes and Ray Liotta, follows a professional motorcycle rider who turns to bank robberies to support his newborn son. When he crosses paths with a rookie police officer, they get into a violent conflict that spirals into a generational feud.

According to John Buhrmaster, most of the July 27 filming will take place inside the First National main branch, where a robbery scene will be set. Most of the bank employees will also be used as extras in the scene since Derek Cianfrance, the director, wants it to look real. “He doesn’t want to train people to act as tellers when he can have real tellers,” Buhrmaster said.

Other scenes for the movie which is slated for a 2013 release will be shot at Ellis Hospital , Schenectady High School, the Schenectady Police Station, and some as-yet-unnamed area restaurants, filming is expected to last until October.
To be honest I find it really funny that they are shooting the movie in Schenectady because anyone who's from the area knows that a lot of the city is a bit.... rundown to put it nicely. Although I think it's great to see the area get exposure and hopefully it will lead way for other films to come to the area for location. And Ryan's hair color is interesting to say the least. Although he stills looks wicked hot.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 26-07-2011 at 05:47 PM.

27-07-2011
V.I.P.

Wed, 27 July 2011 George Clooney & Ryan Gosling: 'Ides of March' Poster!
Check out Ryan Gosling and George Clooney in this poster for their upcoming movie, The Ides of March!

The drama centers around “an idealistic staffer for a newbie presidential candidate [who] gets a crash course on dirty politics during his stint on the campaign trail.”

George recently revealed that he initially had planned to begin production on the film back in 2007.

“I remember sitting in a restaurant with [co-writer] Grant [Heslov] when Obama won and we both realized we couldn’t make this movie right now. Everyone was so hopefully and happy. Now, the cynicism has come back around, so it’s time,” the 50-year-old actor told USA Today.

“The major issues are some of the major issues we face every day, including questions of morality,” he added. “We’re not trying to be polarizing.”
JUSTJARED

27-07-2011
V.I.P.

> 2011 - The Ides of March > Production Stills

GOSLINGFAN

27-07-2011
V.I.P.

2011 - The Ides of March Behind the Scenes Official Behind the Scenes

goslingfan

27-07-2011
fashion icon

oh i love the poster

27-07-2011
fashion icon

^ Me too. The poster is ingenious. I can't wait to see his chemistry with Clooney.

27-07-2011
tfs star

I cannot wait for this movie! And yes to Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Max Minghella in one movie!

27-07-2011
front row

I agree - the poster is great !

27-07-2011
tfs star

It's here! Ides of March trailer:

28-07-2011
she had boys in her room

Great cast. Kept hoping Josh Lyman would show up though :p

28-07-2011
fashion elite

Love the poster, really fantastic! The trailer looks great, I am not a huge fan of Clooney's acting so I hope his role is indeed supportive, so happy to see Philip Seymour Hoffman and Ryan in one movie!

28-07-2011
trendsetter

This movie looks very promising.

28-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Ryan Gosling shows off a new bleach blonde hairdo on the set of his film The Place Beyond the Pines on Wednesday (July 27) in Schenectady, New York.
The 30-year-old actor also sported multiple tattoos, including one below his eye, as he rode around on a motorcycle.

The Place Beyond the Pines
is about a motorcycle stunt rider (Gosling), who considers committing a crime in order to provide for his wife and child, an act that puts him on a collision course with a cop-turned-politician.
The official poster and trailer for Ryan’s new film The Ides of March were recently released.

justjared

28-07-2011
fashion icon

^those pants are priceless

28-07-2011
fashion icon

I still think he is cute with the blonde hair,..I mean his face is the same

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, gosling, november, ryan