How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

31-07-2011
V.I.P.

From here via just jared

This distracted globe

I have no idea why this comparison came to mind as Estevez isn't that blonde in the film, but the poster popped into my mind.

BTW littlepaperstars, totally agree. Gosling would've been a much better choice than Leo.

31-07-2011
V.I.P.

I agree that Ryan would have made an amazing Jay Gatsby, but I'm also a massive Leo fan so I think he will also do a great job, especially when it comes to Gatsby's sneaky side.

01-08-2011
fashion elite

Here is an amazing article about Ryan and his huge acting talent, the link is here:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/07/3...ts-movie-star/

and here are my favorite parts of the article, I so agree with the comparison to DeNiro!!

Quote:
What he’s doing now is growing up. Gosling is 30 years old, which is exactly the age Robert De Niro was when Mean Streets was released, and last year, playing the troubled, listless, furious, alcoholic, yet so, so tender and yearning husband in Blue Valentine, Gosling gave a performance that hit what Pauline Kael, describing De Niro’s performance in that Scorsese classic, called “the true note.” It was bravura acting on every level — a technical tour de force, one that made every mood swing convincing, but also, like Gosling’s earlier performance in The Believer, one that showed you the character’s belief system from the inside out (and the more unreasonable it got, the more it came wrapped in the actor’s empathy). Blue Valentine was about the frustration of a certain kind of damaged romantic male narcissist who feels, in this era, that domestic life has robbed him of his power. Gosling made you know what it felt like when that power leaked away.
And then another comparison to Jack Nicholson, I do believe they both have a similar charisma to them, and like Jack Ryan could be the next serious actor and movie star at the same time

Quote:
Gosling may turn out to be the rare actor, like Jack Nicholson, who is equally both at once. Early on, though, I thought he was almost destined to be an actor first and a star second. He first came to prominence ten years ago, in The Believer (left), playing an anti-Semitic skinhead who was, in fact, a brilliant, searching, self-loathing Jewish screw-up, and Gosling gave a performance — I don’t say this lightly — that was worthy of the young De Niro. He did something that movies about sociopaths, let alone movies about young Talmudic scholars–turned–Judaism bashers, almost never do: He made the character’s belief system intellectually charged and compelling. He showed you that this violent, messed-up kid who despised his heritage was, in the depths of his rage, the only halfway reverent Jewish person in the room. (He hated the contradictions of the religion — the hypocrisy of it, in his view — because his desire to believe was so consuming.) In that single performance, a stunning screen actor was born.

01-08-2011
tfs star

I prefer the Deniro comparison.

01-08-2011
tfs star

Lol in Horrible Bosses Charlie Day is watching the "I want you" scene frim TN while staking out Kevin Spacey!

01-08-2011
tfs star

Okay so this is the third Ryan post in a row, I'm not crazy, but I can't delete the other two (or at least I don't know how) because Iwas going to merge them all together in this post. Anyway, I just came back from seeing Crazy Stupid Love which Ryan is great in acting wise, but more importantly out of this world hot, cool, awesome, wicked, sick all those adjectives. = Me everytime he came on screen. He has a great screen presence and he wears those suits oh so well. Plus, there's a twist that I totally didn't see coming. The movie is really sweet and funny and heartfelt as a whole.

Last edited by chickadee; 01-08-2011 at 04:05 PM.

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

The Place Beyond the Pines Behind the Scenes 2011: July 28th - Glenville, New York

goslingfan

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

The Place Beyond the Pines > Behind the Scenes > 2011: July 29th - Glenville, New Yor

goslingfan

02-08-2011
fashion elite

^@Kenysha thanks so much for the new set pictures. I have to say he does not look that bad in the blond hair. His body looks really ripped, he has the best arms.

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

The Place Beyond the Pines Behind the Scenes 2011: July 29th - Glenville, New York
goslingfan

02-08-2011
front row

No particular reason to post this pic...He's just a cutie pie.

goslingfan.com

02-08-2011
front row

One of a series of Drive posters:

collider.com

New film still:

geektyrant.com

02-08-2011
fashion elite

@chillchaser thanks so much for that picture in post #536 he is so adorable, love his eyes and smile!

02-08-2011
fashion icon

^^oh I'm loving that poster! So fierce!
Posted via Mobile Device

02-08-2011
trendsetter

*sigh*

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, gosling, november, ryan