Scarlett Johansson (February 2004 - February 2010) - Page 55 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-12-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss artemis
does she has ear plugs too?!!?!?!

i want to see that closely!

she has a piercing in the cartilage

18-12-2005
V.I.P.

18-12-2005
trendsetter

I never see pictures with her skin being "bad". I always thought of her as a celeb with perfectly flawless skin...Maybe I'm wrong?

18-12-2005
V.I.P.

^^^ From Gettyimages.com

Matchpoint Premiere

18-12-2005
dream a little dream...

this one of the pics ive seen of her with bad skin..its amazing what makeup will do..but hey, it happens to the best of us (my hd)

18-12-2005
V.I.P.

Scarlett Johansson @ Match Point UK Premiere, December 18

I've never particularily liked anything she's ever worn. But she lookds great here.

19-12-2005
V.I.P.

I definitely like her more as a blonde.

All the "Match Point" movie screenings- the outfits look goregous!!!
Except the beige Oscar De La Renta one.

Last edited by LoveMyBoots; 19-12-2005 at 02:27 AM.

19-12-2005
tfs star

she looks nice at the matchpoint premiere, her hair looks good and flattering

19-12-2005
boop

Bad skin? I don't know it could just be an occassional breakout. She is just coming out of her teen years and most of the time that I see photos of her she looks immaculate. It is so weird to think that she and Lindsay Lohan are in the same age bracket. I think of her as being so much older. She just seems more mature and worldly. I don't like all those celebs sans cosmetics photos, it seems just designed to tear a person down by showcasing them on a bad day. Everyone has a pimple every now and then but few people ever look as lovely as Scarlett even with loads of make up.

I loved her costumes in Match Point. The whole film is great and she looks stunning in it. The Mulberry Roxanne she totes around looks so lived in. They really got the costumes right. She is a vision the entire film and its really hard to out pretty Jonathan Rhys Meyers & Matthew Goode.

19-12-2005
V.I.P.

If Scarlett ever jumps on the pre-pubescent body bandwagon, it'll break my heart.
I used to find her irritating but I must admit she's grown on me. She's very refreshing!

21-12-2005
V.I.P.

WHEN IN ROME (people.com)
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Scarlett Johansson and boyfriend Josh Hartnett arrive at Rome's Ciampino Airport on Tuesday. The couple flew via private jet from London to promote her new movie, Match Point, for which she earned a best supporting actress Golden Globe nomination.

21-12-2005
V.I.P.

Promoting "Match Point" In Italy
21 Dec 2005

21-12-2005
Deep Red Bells

She is so damn sexy.
I heard MatchPoint is a great movie.

21-12-2005
V.I.P.

"Match Point" Italy Premiere
20 Dec 2005

21-12-2005
The future is stupid

From UK Telegraph

Fashion victim: Scarlett Johansson
(Filed: 19/12/2005)

Not quite 21 and already a veteran of va-va-voom dressing on the red carpet, Scarlett Johansson knows how to make paparazzi flash bulbs go pop. Being a talented child star with a pushy mother (even by Hollywood standards) gave her a headstart.
Red hot: with Ewan McGregor (left) and Sean Bean Having a head of golden curls and the face of an angel also helped her rack up more ''chick flicks'' in her brief career than actresses twice her age. But what truly sets Scarlett aside from the vast sea of teen talent (Sarah Michelle Gellar, Brittany Murphy ) is her off-screen style and fashion savvy. This sees some of the world's coolest fashion designers - Marc Jacobs, Roland Mouret, Alberta Ferretti - queuing up to dress her.
They know that whether it's the Golden Globes, the Academy Awards or the Empire Leicester Square, Scarlett dolled up in a posh frock at a movie premiere guarantees them column inches. But this honour also has its drawbacks for the 5ft 4in bombshell. Even a pair of teetering Jimmy Choos can't transform a starlet, no matter how gorgeous, into a stick-thin supermodel, which is, after all, who designer gowns are created for.
Having curves played havoc with the poison green Alberta Ferretti satin gown worn to the 77th Academy Awards. Yes, it was super trendy and still warm from the Milan catwalk. But, oh no! The spare tyre hanging over the tummy and bulges around the bottom were surely never part of the design?
Unlike those blonde stars of the silver screen she has been compared to, such as the ultimate blonde, Marilyn Monroe, Scarlett lets herself down big-time by buying (or borrowing) off-the-peg catwalk dresses. The black Roland Mouret hour-glass worn to this year's Oscar night looked ugly and crinkly. Great for a mannequin, hopeless for a real woman. Did her bum look big in it? Yes! Huge!
That's not to say she hasn't had her triumphs. A gold Prada sliver of satin worn in September to an awards party made her look cool, hip and, most importantly, her age. The fresh, buttercup-yellow Grecian toga by Calvin Klein was also ravishing. The wardrobe created for her by Marc Jacobs entirely saved Johansson from obscurity in her major film debut, Lost In Translation, made when she was just 17.
Ironically, unlike so many other young actresses and popstars, when left to her own devices and acting her age she rarely puts a stilettoed foot wrong. She knows frocks suit her best and she looks quirky and cute teaming them with pointy 1950s heels and a signature little handbag.
Her own garb, rather than the sophisticated hit-and-miss designer outfits, has seen her gain access to that exclusive Hollywood club, known as the ''frock pack''. This includes Chloë Sevigny, Kirsten Dunst and Selma Blair, a gang as famous for their devotion to über-cool designer labels as for their films. They know being a fashion icon is par for the course of making it big in Tinseltown. These days, it's not only movies that mean millions of dollars, but brand endorsement.
Scarlett is the ''face'' of Calvin Klein's bestselling teen fragrance, Eternity Moment. She features in a cool black-and-white advertisement kissing a handsome male model (who bears a resemblance to her former squeeze, Benicio Del Torre ).
Her choice of not so famous, but super cool labels such as Proenza Schouler (a New York brand) and her love of skinny jeans will also guarantee her street cred.
• To get the Scarlett look, invest in a frock guaranteed to make heads swivel. Ivory strapless satin is always a winner. Try this ivory corset silk satin dress, with chiffon sash and petticoat, from Kelsey Rose (£164; sizes 6-22; 020 8888 8833) and wear a seamless Wonderbra underneath.
Stick to simple jewellery. If you can't afford Chopard diamonds, get the cheapest, sparkliest version of a girl's best friend. Always wear your hair up, preferably in a shade of Harlow blonde. Don't forget skyscraper heels in a colour to match your lipstick, such as these bright-red bo-peep shoes (£49.99; Schuh, 0845 307 2484).

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, 2010, february, johansson, scarlett