How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-02-2011
V.I.P.

^Fantastic news. Can't wait to see what she is going to wear.

22-02-2011
fashion elite

^agree with you! hoping for a va-va-voom appearance!

24-02-2011
V.I.P.

2011 Vanity Fair Campaign Hollywood - Pieces of Heaven Art Auction - February 23, 2011

tlfan

24-02-2011
trendsetter

She looks great here, I like her most when she wears natural makeup like this

24-02-2011
fashion elite

oh i like it she's a natural beauty and i love her haircut!!

24-02-2011
fashion elite

ohhh she is looking great! I'm loving it - she reminds me of her in the Ghost Whisperer when she was still a kid

celebrities09pics.blogspot.com, pasajeselectricos.com

PS: can someone ID her pendant btw (in the new pics that is -looks like some symbolic charm)?

Last edited by jomarlushka; 24-02-2011 at 02:15 AM. Reason: source

24-02-2011
front row

she looks very cute, but also very tired.
her haircut is great, i think i'll go for the same cut tomorrow.

can't wait to see what she wears at the oscars

24-02-2011
V.I.P.

LOVE her boots and belt, the whole outfit is great
she really looks like her old self, it's cute

^i'll also get a haircut tomorrow and i want them shorter and i think this cut is cute, but i don't think i have the guts to get them cut this short

24-02-2011
backstage pass

I really love the outfit. Kinda nerdy but still very cute.

24-02-2011
V.I.P.

can anyone id the boots?

24-02-2011
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Awesome belt and buckle!
Funny... I was thinking of pulling one of mine out a few days ago. Where I was in the Midwest over ten years ago they were super popular for about a year and I kept mine. Hmmm... makes me want to hop on over to eBay and find myself some more...

Can't WAIT for Sunday night!!!

25-02-2011
front row

i think her boots are the seychelles romance boot

zappos.com

Last edited by ChrissyM; 27-02-2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: response to deleted post

25-02-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcoffee View Post
i think her boots are the seychelles romance boot
they look like the ones she is wearing!

Last edited by ChrissyM; 27-02-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: response to deleted post

25-02-2011
V.I.P.

that's disappointing. from the front view it looks like the boots have a narrow, high heel. Not a fan of those stumpy, angled heels

25-02-2011
fashion elite

^at least it's easier to walk with stumpy heels - I guess that's why they do not have a stiletto heel

____________ edition.cnn.com

interesting article about choosing oscar gowns - her stylist Nicole Chavez (though I thought she had someone else as her stylist...)

Quote:
Getting dressed for the Oscars
By Danielle Paquette, Special to CNN
February 25, 2011 -- Updated 1702 GMT (0102 HKT)

The countdown to Hollywood's biggest night is on. Join "Showbiz Tonight's" A.J. Hammer and Brooke Anderson for live red carpet access at the Oscars on "Road to Gold" this Sunday at 7 p.m. ET on CNN.

(CNN) -- Less than a week before The Academy Awards, Scarlett Johansson had yet to make a starlet's most scrutinized fashion decision: Her Oscar dress.

Her stylist, the renowned celebrity dresser Nicole Chavez, wasn't worried. Tight deadlines are as common as paparazzi in this industry.

"What it comes down to is -- may the best dress win," said Chavez, whose clients include Rachel Bilson, Kristen Bell and Katherine Heigl. "I stay organized and maintain close relationships with designers and colleagues, so it's more fun than stressful."

Johansson, who was asked to present an Oscar two weeks ago, was measured for a gown four days before the event. Chavez, who researches styles from around the globe, asked: What silhouette? What color? What designer?

"My goal was to make her feel beautiful, happy and comfortable," she said. "Find the perfect fit."

Award show culture demands uber-chic attendees, said Chavez. Resplendent, cutting-edge garbs are expected, or style-driven media like E!'s Fashion Police assault a celebrity's outfit with snarky quips.

"Just because she likes rainbow sherbet doesn't mean she has to dress like one," Joan Rivers said of actress Hailee Steinfeld's dress after the Screen Actors Guild awards in January. "I mean, I don't dress like Metamucil and prunes."

Chavez strives to keep her clients off the "Worst Dressed" lists.

Even with the pressure of the world watching, she said the "getting ready" process before the annual show is lighthearted.

Johansson, who prefers the designs of Elie Saab, Dolce & Gabbana and Oscar de la Renta, will likely be surrounded by friends and family, sipping wine and taking pictures.

Chavez, like a close girlfriend, will zip her flowing, complicated gown and arrange matching accessories.

"It's comparable to a wedding day," she said. "Everyone will just be having a good time."

After the Oscars, the fate of an actress' attire is often similar to a bride's wedding dress: never to be worn again.

Some custom-made styles worth "tens of thousands of dollars" are returned to designers the next morning, Chavez said.

But 80% of the time, her clients get to keep the dress.

"After the designers make something so special for an actress, they 'gift' the dresses," she said. "The dresses get so much press, so who could really wear them again?"

After a dress is gifted, some celebrities donate their famous threads to charity auctions.

Clothes Off Our Backs in Universal City, California, raises money from celebrity goods to benefit Feeding America, a hunger-relief effort; Malaria No More, an organization determined to end malaria deaths in Africa by 2015; Hope North, a boarding school for escaped child soldiers and more.

Chavez said there is endless action behind the scenes before and after award shows.

"I feel lucky to put together living, breathing art," she said. "Dressing clients for the Oscars is an honor."

As for what Johansson will wear?

"Well, we can never say for sure until the actual show," Shavez said. "So, we'll see on Sunday!"

For those watching the Academy Awards from home, the celebrity stylist shares five tips for everyday glamour:

1. Invest in proper undergarments.

"No matter what size or shape you are, Spanx is your best friend."

2. Find a great tailor.

"Very few things fit perfect off the rack and tailoring makes all the difference. It can make a $70 white button down from the Gap look like a $400 dollar fitted Prada shirt."

3. Take a digital photo of yourself in the mirror before going out.

"You will be shocked to see what the naked eye doesn't! Black fabric is see-through when a camera flash hits it. No one wants their bra showing in family photos."

4. Be prepared for mini fashion emergencies.

"I always carry a needle and thread kit, double-side tape and safety pins in my purse. You never know when you or a friend will be stranded."

5. Be confident!

"When you love the way you look, it translates and people take notice. Fashion is an extension of your personality so have fun and stay true to yourself."
and an article from DAILYMAIL.co.uk about her possible cancellation of the Oscars: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, august, january, johansson, scarlett