How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcottmanor View Post
She should also whiten her teeth they look really yellow.
Really yellow? Really? Americans do have twisted ideas about teeth. Her teeth are perfect as is and her smile is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. Those bleached, whitened Hollywood smiles look so unnatural and unappealing to me.

05-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_in_time View Post
Really yellow? Really? Americans do have twisted ideas about teeth. Her teeth are perfect as is and her smile is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. Those bleached, whitened Hollywood smiles look so unnatural and unappealing to me.
Ok if yellow is your thing then go on wit your bad self :p Personally, white teeth to me look clean and appeasing. Plus the only reason why I said "really yellow" was because her back molars which you can see in the photo are white but the rest are yellow...that's a bit weird to me. But whatever we all have a different views on what is beautiful, for me I like white teeth.

05-03-2011
V.I.P.

I just looked at the hq's from the Oscars and I don't think it's that her teeth are yellow, but, er, that they look kind of unbrushed and funky in those pictures. That's the problem with hq's - everything is visible for critique sadly!

07-03-2011
fashion elite

I think her teeth are okay, she has a gorgeous smile and I find it rather refreshing that she has a 'natural' smile and her teeth have a natural colour though they are kind of yellowish and kind of yellowish stained or not fine brushed in the close-ups...but I prefer that to the blue-white teeth and veneers some Hollywood-folks are sporting...

would love to see her hair like in this pics...natural without any weird 'do' and special styling...I think it fits her wonderfully

tlfan

btw: anyone with a ID for the jeans or any grey slim-tight-fitted jeans that are stretch but still jeans and no jeggings please yeah, kind of difficult to describe ...

07-03-2011
trendsetter

Scarlett did a reading of the play The Philadelphia Story with Jon Hamm and John Krasinski recently, it's rumoured to be heading to Broadway, hopefully with Scarlett on board.

07-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomarlushka View Post
but I prefer that to the blue-white teeth and veneers some Hollywood-folks are sporting...
I don't understand why you all are going on about "blue teeth" I've never seen anybody with blue teeth before unless they just drank kool-aid. This is seriously getting ridiculous now, i just made an observation and now I get it. Everyone here likes her yellow teeth, good for you! You can get off my back for saying otherwise.

08-03-2011
V.I.P.

^For real. Really love her hair cut. It's so refreshing and her make up even as minimal as it is looks wonderful. Also digging her bookish outfit.

Last edited by McClaire; 08-03-2011 at 02:45 AM.

08-03-2011
on the come up

I don't get why people are calling them blue teeth either, unless they mean...

gstatic

08-03-2011
front row

sassisamblog.com

Scarlett Johansson takes command of the cover of Vogue China’s April 2011 issue wearing Dolce & Gabbanaand photographed by Peter Lindbergh.

08-03-2011
fashion elite

love it, gorgeous cover and i love the dress

08-03-2011
V.I.P.

love this cover

08-03-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashcottmanor View Post
I don't understand why you all are going on about "blue teeth" I've never seen anybody with blue teeth before unless they just drank kool-aid. This is seriously getting ridiculous now, i just made an observation and now I get it. Everyone here likes her yellow teeth, good for you! You can get off my back for saying otherwise.
Because people (and some celebs, think Tom Cruise) have bleached teeth to a state where they appear blue-ish (in some cases yellow when enamel is dmaged). Not blue (lol), but sort of see through, especially at the ends. They look worn out. There is sort of basic rule that teeth should not be whiter than the person's eye whites, it looks ghoulish otherwise.

drfiss.com

Besides Scarlett is on the pale side, pale skin doesn't give as strong contrast as tan skin, so teeth don't appear as intense. As a very pale person I know this from first experience.

08-03-2011
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Too, the color of your teeth, or at least how they appear, can differ according to the shade of lipstick you wear.

Also, for the most natural white your teeth should not be whiter than the whites of your eyes. Just an FYI.

Enough of the teeth stuff. Just want to say that Scarlett looked AMAZING in that Jimmy Kimmel vid.

08-03-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayoflight View Post
Because people (and some celebs, think Tom Cruise) have bleached teeth to a state where they appear blue-ish (in some cases yellow when enamel is dmaged). Not blue (lol), but sort of see through, especially at the ends. They look worn out. There is sort of basic rule that teeth should not be whiter than the person's eye whites, it looks ghoulish otherwise.

Besides Scarlett is on the pale side, pale skin doesn't give as strong contrast as tan skin, so teeth don't appear as intense. As a very pale person I know this from first experience.
Well thank you for explaining in a rational tone but I have yet to see a celebrity with the blue tint you're talking about here. I happen to think Tom Cruise has nice teeth, I've never seen a blue tint to them. But oh well, people see what they see. No more teeth talk from me because obviously I majorly offended some hard core Scarlett Jo fans. Back to her fashion.

09-03-2011
backstage pass

Oh yea, because saying there is something wrong or improvable with Scarlett is a sacrilege.
No, seriously, we all have different tastes and it's fine.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, august, january, johansson, scarlett