How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-03-2012
V.I.P.

2012-03-16 - At LAX Airport

tlfan

20-03-2012
V.I.P.

2012 ABC Family Upfront at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in New York - March 19, 2012

tlfan

06-04-2012
V.I.P.

Vogue US March 2012
Photo by Boo George

scanned by sister-d @ bwgreyscale.com

06-04-2012
V.I.P.

that's a really beautiful picture, i wish she would wear clothes like that more often

13-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Girl of the Month: Shailene Woodley
Hollywood is loaded with talented newcomers and rising starlets, but lately it seems one particular name is on everyone's lips: Shailene Woodley—and understandably so! In addition to the fact that her hit television show, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, is currently in its fourth season, earlier this year, the 20-year-old actress exploded onto the film scene with a starring role in The Descendants, for which she earned a Golden Globe nomination. The fashion world was quick to take notice of Woodley too, thanks to a few noteworthy appearances at NYFW and a slew of impressive red carpet moments that followed. It's obvious this brunette beauty has star potential and an exceptional sartorial sense to boot, which is why we're excited to shine the spotlight on her in today's Girl of the Month story!

One The Red Carpet
Age-appropriate dressing is often a tricky task, especially for young actresses; however, it's nice to see that Woodley chooses the right look every time. For premieres and award shows, the actress gravitates toward elegant and feminine pieces, like the Dolce and Gabbana Floral Print Full-Skirt Dress ($5095) she wore to the Los Angeles premiere of The Descendants back in November. Thanks to the bold, bright print and ladylike silhouette, her look manages to appear fun, youthful, and sophisticated all at the same time—a perfect choice for the red carpet event! That same month, Woodley reached for another full-skirted number, this time Katharine Kidd's Pleated Dress Over Lace ($875, 310.442.6000), for the 3rd Annual Governors Awards in Hollywood. The swingy frock paired with basic black pumps made for a sweetly polished party look.

Naturally, girly frocks aren't the only standout pieces in Woodley's wardrobe. We love that she selected Bird by Juicy Couture's Jumpsuit ($398) for a party hosted by the brand and Vanity Fair in Los Angeles two months ago. The one-piece is definitely an unexpected choice for the red carpet, yet the simplicity of the overall look is truly chic. If the event calls for less dressy attire, like the Honor F/W 12 show during NYFW for example, Woodley typically answers with a cool and casual mix of separates. For this particular front-row appearance, she went with a simple look consisting of Honor's Silk Horse Print Placket Blouse ($695, 212.255.2233) worn under a charcoal cardigan and paired with black skinny jeans and loafers.

Now that you're familiar with Woodley's feminine yet down-to-earth approach to fashion, you'll be delighted to learn that getting her look is a rather easy task. All you have to do is snag a few of today's key pieces, whether it's a foolproof party dress or a pair of unbelievably chic loafers, and you'll inject some of Woodley's panache into your everyday outfits. You're welcome!

Get Her Look
Zara City Bag with Handle and Flap Closure ($70)
Our GOTM may be photographed carrying more evening clutches than daytime bags, but our instincts tell us that if she did have a beloved off-duty carrier it would look a lot like this top-handle version from Zara. What led us to this assumption, you ask? The simple and sleek design immediately reminded us of Woodley's predilection for minimalist pieces. Plus, its small size and nude color make it a versatile day-to-night bag that goes with just about everything in your closet-two additional qualities sure to please our girl on the go!

Gorjana Small Star Studs ($35) in Gold
It doesn't take an expert to see that Woodley isn't one for loading on a ton of jewelry. But that's not to say she doesn't appreciate a small bauble or two from time to time, like these Gorjana studs. Don't be fooled by their small size, these earrings have loads of star quality, and add just a hint of flash to your everyday look!

Spring & Clifton Baseball Cardigan ($248) in Ivory/Denim
When Woodley's not on the red carpet, the actress sports a mix of fuss-free separates with a cool or charming twist. Accordingly, this two-tone cardigan by Spring & Clifton seemed a fitting pick for today's story. Inspired by the look of a baseball jacket, the lightweight layer is in perfect keeping with this season's sporty trend and would look especially stylish worn over a summer dress or printed tee.

Alice + Olivia by Stacey Bendet Pamela Dropped Bodice Slim Dress ($368) in Black
A great party dress is a wardrobe must, especially if it's Woodley's red carpet style you're after. Cue Alice + Olivia's Stacey Bendet Dropped Bodice Slim Dress. With a figure-flattering silhouette, sultry deep-v neckline, and on-trend peplum, this LBD is sure to become a closet go-to for many seasons to come. Plus, its noir hue acts as the ideal canvas for displaying spring's neon accessories, whether it's a fluorescent belt or tri-tone heels!

Dior Addict Lip Balm ($30) in 003, Crystal Coral
Considering we're die-hard fans of Dior's Addict Lip Gloss, it was only a matter of time before we began obsessing over the brand's new nourishing lip balm. Here's how it works: when applied, the sheer balm reacts to the color chemistry of your lips, enhancing their natural color and creating a unique look all your own. We're crazy about this brilliant coral shade, and think it's a pitch-perfect choice for our fresh-faced beauty too!

Dolce Vita Imogen Loafers ($159) in White
While it's true that loafers are a wardrobe must for spring, they're also an essential part of achieving Woodley's laid-back panache, giving us all the more reason to track down the perfect pair! Happily, we came across Dolce Vita's Imogen Loafers, which, with their perforated leather design and crisp white hue, offer a fresh update on the menswear-inspired classic.

Leifsdottir Ombre Quince Ruffled Shorts ($168)
Though we can't say for sure our subject is a shorts kind of girl, we have a feeling she would make an exception for this darling pair by Leifsdottir. We're certain she'd appreciate the ombre floral print-it looks quite similar to her Dolce & Gabbana dress after all-and delicate ruffled detailing, both of which speak to her fondness of feminine pieces. Paired with a button-up blouse and ankle-strap heels, these silky shorts are even dressy enough for an after-hours event.

Forever 21 Sheer Dotted Swiss Shirt ($27)) in Coral
Now that summer is on the horizon, it's time to stock your wardrobe with loads of warm-weather essentials, starting with this sleeveless shirt from Forever 21. Available in this gorgeous coral hue as well as blue and black, this sheer dotted button-up is the perfect blend of sexy and sweet, much like Woodley herself. We imagine our GOTM would style it with a pair of trousers and flats for a chic weekend look.—Jessica Baker

Photos of Shailene Woodley, courtesy of Getty and Billy Farrell Agency.
whowhatwear

20-04-2012
V.I.P.

2012 Tribeca Film Festival Jury lunch in New York City - April 19, 2012

tlfan

20-04-2012
V.I.P.

wow her hair is soo long ^

02-05-2012
V.I.P.

Asos June 2012
ph: Jason Nocito
models

02-05-2012
V.I.P.

ABC Family Hosts West Coast Upfronts at The Sayers Club in Hollywood - May 1, 2012

tlfan

02-05-2012
V.I.P.

tlfan

02-05-2012
V.I.P.

^I wish there were pics of them together outside events, they´re so cute

06-05-2012
V.I.P.

2012-05-05 - Walking with a friend in the West Village

tlfan

07-05-2012
front row

LOL "Walking with a friend"?! That's Judy Greer! She's fab.

07-05-2012
V.I.P.

Is this the first time we get actual candids pics?
I like what she´s wearing. Why is she with Judy Greer? a movie project?

07-05-2012
V.I.P.

^They were co-stars in The Descendants. It's nice to see they've remained friends.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shailene, woodley