How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-07-2012
#MFW

Shailene Woodley is the Girl Next Door for Hobo Magazine #14 by Derek Kettela

Quote:
Slice of Life – Hobo Magazine issue 14 features this sweet black and white story featuring up and coming actress Shailene Woodley. The “Secret Life of the American Teenager” star looks casual and down to earth in these lighthearted portraits lensed by Derek Kettela. / Styling by Kris Zero @ Starworks, Make-up by Gloria Noto @ Jedroot

fashiongonerogue.com

11-09-2012
V.I.P.

"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" LA premiere (September 10)

celebutopia

V.I.P.

Premiere of 'The Book Of Mormon' at the Pantages Theatre - September 12, 2012

tlfan.to (posted by silkecut)

03-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Shailene Woodley heads to her location on the set of White Bird in a Blizzard on Tuesday (November 27) in Los Angeles.

justjared

V.I.P.

I think these were never posted...?

InStyle January 2012

hq4u.org

16-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
If you're not a film blogger, PR person or industry insider, you may not have heard of the upcoming indie drama "The Spectacular Now." But a week from now when the Sundance Film Festival is winding down, the title could be on everyone's lips. It's already high on our list of the 25 Most Anticipated Films To See At Sundance, and reasons why you should care and pay attention beyond that are myriad. The film is directed by James Ponsoldt, who came out of nowhere last year and made a strong name for himself with the alcoholism drama "Smashed," which pulledthe best performance to date out of actress Mary Elizabeth Winstead ("Breaking Bad" actor Aaron Paul also co-starred). It's also written by Michael H. Weber and Scott Neustadter the guys who penned the Sundance breakout hit, "(500) Days Of Summer."

Its leads are on the verge too. While mostly an unknown outside the industry, we've already detailed out why Hollywood is placing a strong bet on actor Miles Teller, who first received acclaim by giving as good as he got opposite Nicole Kidman in "Rabbit Hole" (which earned her an Oscar nom). Shailene Woodley was nominated for a Golden Globe for her turn as George Clooney's daughter in Alexander Payne's "The Descendants" last year and her cachet is about to increase as the star of an upcoming YA novel adaptation ("Divergent") that could become the next "Hunger Games," and a role in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2."

The film also boasts a pretty impressive supporting cast that includes Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Brie Larson, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Kyle Chandler, "Breaking Bad" co-star Bob Odenkirk, "The Wire" alum Andre Royo, "The Hunger Games" actor Dayo Okeniyi and more. Here's what the Sundance Film Festival has to say thus far:
Sutter Keely (Teller) lives in the now. It’s a good place for him. A high school senior, charming and self-possessed, he’s the life of the party, loves his job at a men’s clothing store, and has no plans for the future. A budding alcoholic, he’s never far from his supersized, whisky-fortified 7UP cup. But after being dumped by his girlfriend, Sutter gets drunk and wakes up on a lawn with Aimee Finicky (Woodley) hovering over him. Not a member of the cool crowd, she’s different: the “nice girl” who reads science fiction and doesn’t have a boyfriend. She does have dreams, while Sutter lives in a world of impressive self-delusion. And yet they’re drawn to each other. Adapted from Tim Tharp’s novel, "The Spectacular Now" captures the insecurity and confusion of adolescence without looking for tidy truths. Young actors rarely portray teens with the maturity that Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley display, and they are phenomenal together. Funny, compassionate, and poignant, James Ponsoldt’s third feature again demonstrates his ability to lay bare the souls of his characters.

Ponsoldt sounds pretty happy with the script too. In his "Meet The Filmmakers" Sundance video clip below he elucidates on the film's tone by calling it, "a serious adult love story where the characters happen to be teenagers." Saying he looked at Peter Bogdanovich's "The Last Picture Show" and "Splendor In The Grass" for inspiration, the filmmaker said, "It's a film that tries to dignify the adolescent experience in all its complexities."

"The Spectacular Now" debuts at Sundance on Friday, January 18 and plays several times overt the course of the 10-day festival that runs Jan 17-27. Check out two exclusive photos from the film below.

indiewire

V.I.P.

Quote:
Actress Shailene Woodley attends Day 1 of Village at The Lift 2013 on January 18, 2013 in Park City, Utah.

Quote:
(L-R) Actors Brie Larson, Miles Teller, Shailene Woodley and director James Ponsoldt pose for a portrait during the 2013 Sundance Film Festival at the Getty Images Portrait Studio at Village at the Lift on January 18, 2013 in Park City, Utah.

Quote:
Actress Shailene Woodley attends Grey Goose Blue Door "The Spectacular Now" Party on January 18, 2013 in Park City, Utah.

zimbio

front row

Love her!

19-01-2013
V.I.P.

imo both outfits and accessories are a mess but she´s still such a sweetie.

20-01-2013
V.I.P.

"The Spectacular Now" premiere in Park City, UT - January 18, 2013

At the Grey Goose Blue Door in Park City, UT - January 19, 2013

tlfan.to

20-01-2013
backstage pass

Her dark hair looks good, but I think it will take some time to get used to.

V.I.P.

She´s playing Mary Jane Watson in the new Spidey movie!! Yay!
This means tons of promotion and editorials.

26-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
On the set of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in New York on February 25, 2013.

Quote:
Actress Shailene Woodley poses backstage at the Rebecca Taylor fall 2013 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Highline Stages on February 9, 2013 in New York City.

Quote:
Actress Shailene Woodley attends the Christian Siriano Fall 2013 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on February 9, 2013 in New York City.

zimbio

I don't know

It's going to be weird seeing her play Andrew's love interest, I've always thought they could pass off as brother and sister

28-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Actors Andrew Garfield and Shailene Woodley film a scene together on the set of 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' in New York City, New York on February 26, 2013.

Quote:
Andrew Garfield fixes a broken down car while chatting with a motorcycle riding Shailene Woodley as they continue to film 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' in Brooklyn, New York. Woodley recently dyed her hair red to play the role of Mary Jane Watson.

zimbio

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shailene, woodley