How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-12-2010
front row

havent been on this thread in awhile... she's looking fantastic!!

18-12-2010
V.I.P.

Shenae Grimes' Fashion Week Photo Diary

Finally arrived at hotel and looking oh so glamorous...or not! No time to recover from a sleepless night-flight if I want to enjoy my few free hours in NYC though!!

Needed extra hangers while unpacking my fashion week wardrobe for only two days. Ahh, the trials and tribulations of fashion week!

This is entirely irrelevant in continuing my story but the entrance was just too cute not to include

After a quick peruse and purchase (and Chloe Sevigny sighting!) we hurried back to the hotel to get ready for Teen Vogue's FNO party but had to stop and take a picture of our first glimpse of FNO festivities--a Marc by Marc accessory ice-cream truck on Broadway!

Me, pretending to be a hip, cool, casual DJ while Mr. Andrew Bevan rocks the party out proper on the turntables for real.

Gemma at the Bowery, aka brunch-y goodness. Yes, that is yet another cup of joe I am having with my eggs and potatoes! Normally a strict water and tea drinker, I justified my frequent indulgence of coffee over the weekend as more of a requirement for functioning purposes rather than a vice...when in Rome, right?

Andrew and I all snuggled up in the front row, excited for the show to begin.

The things we'll do for fashion: Note the zipper on the same side of each boot aka TWO right-foot boots! There was a mix-up in the delivery that afternoon but it was C. Ronson and I had to represent my girl--regardless of the slight waddle in my walk.

Lights, camera, fashion! And the story begins...

Last season, Miu Miu paved the way for the head-to-toe print that's taking over this season's runways, with cartoon-like cats and moons. But Ronson's use of tight vintage florals and paisleys are perfectly unique to her boho style. Slinky, flowing fabrics gave her 60s/70s-inspired looks, of floor-length dresses and rompers, an updated fit for that boho effortless chic--Erin Wasson would be proud! Uber-casual, quasi-tomboy styling added the perfect pinch of 90s grunge to the pretty looks strutting the runway.

Jacketless and shoeless backstage for a quick-change between shows in true Fashion Week fashion! Et voila! Exchanged two right-foot Ronson boots for my new YSL pumps (thanks Mom!) and ran to my seat at Zac Posen.

Zac Posen's use of bright color was refreshing and fun to watch! His bold shapes and palette defined the characters of his collection, inspired by cartoon vixens Jessica Rabbit and her blonde and brunette counterparts. 50s printed pantsuits and quirky cutouts created a vivacious sophistication suited for the office right through to the afterparty.

Mr. Posen takes his bow looking absolutely adorable in his appropriately color-blocked suit and bowtie!

Another manic morning of make-up and hair. It's always a scramble to get ready for the first show of another busy day--especially when you haven't caught enough z's the night before!

teen vogue

18-12-2010
V.I.P.

First up, Timo Weiland! Plaid and spectacle-clad, I fit right in with the new ingenues behind the label and their hipster-nautical theme.

The his and her color-blocked trenches that Andrew and I plan to be skipping around town arm-in-arm in this spring.

Geek-chic at its dreamiest.

Rebecca Taylor nails casual chic every time. We all love a salt-n-pepper pullover around the house but Rebecca managed to make it evening-appropriate...my kinda gal! She also incorporated some of the seasons popular trends with 60s throwbacks like this floral romper. Yet, the flattering shapes, luxe fabrics, and feminine details (as seen above) made each look uniquely Rebecca Taylor. Her collection definitely stood out as my favorite of the weekend.

My other go-to gal, Rebecca Minkoff, was just down the hall rocking some of the season's major trends in her latest presentation&.Uhh..pre-haircut dopple-ganger much? Haha. I am forever a sucker for florals and leather.

While remaining in a more classic palette of muted tones.

From Taylor to Minkoff and back again! I rushed from the Lincoln Center to fulfill my honorable hosting duties at the after party for Rebecca Taylor's show, where I gushed about her astounding talent to the many media outlets in attendance.

Before I could even think of another quick change for the last event of the day, I had to take a moment to regroup...ungracefully.

Me geeking out with my girl-crush.

My poor attempt at taking a farewell photo of suitcase in hand. Luckily a nice man in the hallway, who probably thought I was nuts, assisted in taking my final photo at the lovely and hospitable Cooper Square Hotel.

Before taking off back to LA into another hectic work week, I took to the streets of Soho once more to browse the interesting shops and people-watch (one of my favorite NY activities).

As of Friday (Fashions Night Out), Alexa Chung's debut collection for Madewell was in stores and I had been eager to check it out.

I stealthily snapped a pic of the polka-dotted velvet dress I picked up. Very 'Little Princess'. Very AC. I dug it.

Slept the whole safe flight home with a head already filling with dreams of what's coming next fall.

same source

18-12-2010
V.I.P.

love that

fashion insider

She is so cute! Loved that little diary, she is looking so good lately

fashion elite

yes! i like this diary too!

fashion elite

Shenae Grimes Showing Off Her Skateboarding Skils On The Set Of 'Sugar' In Venice
more here
http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/n4_K7...ls/EUsqd9aEPwI
zimbio.come

V.I.P.

Quote:
filming scenes for "90210" in LA.
(January 7, 2011)

zimbio

09-01-2011
V.I.P.

^lol at that outfit! that´s how I walk in house when I am too bored to get some nice things on.

trendsetter

On the Set of "90210" - January 20

shenaegrimes.org

26-01-2011
V.I.P.

She's so cute

27-01-2011
V.I.P.

she always looks so pretty

30-01-2011
V.I.P.

Entertainment Weekly's 17th Annual Pre-Screen Actors Guild Awards Party

zimbio

30-01-2011
rising star

omg! she looks so great on these last pics! even reminds me a bit of shania twain! lol!

30-01-2011
V.I.P.

^That's just the bare midriff

She does look great. For some reason I always pay more attention to her 90210 co-stars and that's probably because her role on 90210 is so boring but she's such a stunning young woman and I like her red carpet style

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
grimes, shenae