How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-08-2011
V.I.P.

Aww, look at those little peanuts, soooo cute. Love the water picture. But I wish we could see what Sofia is wearing behind that stroller!

25-08-2011
V.I.P.

Were these ever posted?
Quote:
Somewhere press conference in Los Angeles (8th December 2010).

thecelebritycity

25-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Sofia Coppola carries her baby daughter Cosima as she makes final preparations ahead of her wedding on Saturday to fiance French musician Thomas Mars in a civil ceremony at the family villa in Bernalda (25th August 2011).

zimbio

25-08-2011
fashion icon

^oh i love those recent looks, especially the one in #62

25-08-2011
V.I.P.

God, she is perfect! i love the white t-shirt dress, brown belt, sandals - it's just!

And LolaSvelt, no, i don't recall those others being posted, but again, the picture with Sofia in a peacoat and those ADORABLE shoes standing in the trees - it is an inspiration in terms of her always effortless & classic style. I will file it away. Merci!

25-08-2011
trendsetter

those men standing there looking at her...just creepy.
don't like the white dress. but love the brown belt and sandals...casual and pretty.

25-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
You'd be right in thinking that everyone in Grazia HQ should by now be suffering from an acute strain of celeb-wedding-fatigue and, to be honest, some of us really really do! But when Sofia Coppola announced she was getting married to her partner, Phoenix frontman Thomas Mars, back in May, we got very excited and even a Royal Wedding blockbuster or a supermodel's more intimate affair could not dampen it. And that's before we even start thinking about the wedding dress! So, really, celeb-wedding-fatigue people? We've recovered and can't wait for Monday when - fingers crossed! - we'll get our first look of the nearly-confirmed-to-be Azzedine Alaia dress and the wedding, which takes place this weekend in Bernalda, Italy.

Quote:
Sofia, Thomas and family (including daughters Romy and Cosima and film legend dad Francis Ford) have been relaxing in the small town in Southern Italy, the hometown of Sofia's great grandparents and last night attended the Festa di San Bernardino where Sofia was presented with a special honour by the Lucania region's officials. The civil ceremony is to take place in the garden of the family's villa, the Palazzo Margherita and on the day, a Coppola relative plans to project scenes from both Francis Ford and Sofia’s films onto the facades of about 10 village buildings. Molto bello!

Quote:
And now to the part we all really care about - the dress! As we've reported before, it's nearly certain to have been designed by the one and only Azzedine Alaia, after Sofia attended the designer's couture show in Paris. So, what can we expect? Well, we'll be surprised if the impeccably chic and elegant director shows up in a crazy meringue creation and we'd choke on our celebratory glass of prosecco if Monsieur Alaia designs anything that is not perfect because, he just can't. He does perfect and Sofia does quiet and simple chic so the result should be just lovely. Interestingly, John Galliano designed Ms Coppola's first wedding dress, for her wedding to film director Spike Jonze in 1999, and pictures from the event appeared in the September issue of American Vogue and thanks to an eager and dedicated blogger we can have a look! Yep, classic, elegant, sleek and sweet with a dash of tradition thrown in for good measure - precisely along the lines of what we expect to see this weekend.
graziadaily

25-08-2011
tfs star

I love that black dress with the peter pan collar

25-08-2011
V.I.P.

A better look at the dress. Love the sheer part of the dress, very unexpected. It's just a shame we can see her underwear making a cameo appearance. Also a few more from the beach.

celebritybabyscoop

25-08-2011
Vogue Paris Intern

Such a beautiful family!

More details on Sofia's wedding from I want to be a Coppola:

Quote:
As Sofia Coppola and Thomas Mars attend to the final details in preparation for their wedding this Saturday, let's take a moment to catch up on their plans... The couple has chosen to hold a simple civil ceremony in the garden of the renovated jewel of Bernalda, Palazzo Margherita, the Coppola family's newest resort. The mayor of Bernalda, Leonardo Chiruzzi, will officiate at the ceremony. Only 70 guests are invited to the intimate affair and reputedly no Hollywood stars will make an appearance; even Sofia's cousin, Nicolas Cage, is busy working on a film right now. The event will be catered by Al Vecchio Frantoio, a neighboring trattoria with assistance from the women that run the nearby resort Masseria Cardillo. The wedding menu focuses on the traditional foods of the region: grilled meats including gnumeridd (small sausages made of animal interiors), capuzzella (baked head of lamb), fresh cheeses, and other local favorites such as lampascioni, a rare onion. Wines from the Coppola family vineyard in California will be served to guests. Francis Ford Coppola's great nephew, Gaetano Russo, will project scenes from the films of both the bride and her father on the façades of buildings in Bernalda throughout the day of her wedding. To be fair, I hope that Phoenix will be blaring from the speakers somewhere in town... I have added a section entitled "Bernalda" to the photo gallery so please check back often for more photographs and news related to the Coppola/Mars wedding...

26-08-2011
fashion elite

I love the white dress look with the belt and sandals so cool! This wedding will be so awesome, this is the only wedding I want to see not that Kardashian thing, I wish the Coppola wedding would be televised!

26-08-2011
V.I.P.

oh boy, Romy seems sooo tall. good to see Thomas, for a moment there i actually thought she's gonna get married to herself considering he was MIA.

i love the black outfit, it's cute and nicely fitting to her figure. love her black bathing suit too.

26-08-2011
fashion insider

Gosh, she is just so lovely! Everything she has worn recently [and ever] I just love!

Thanks for the wedding details too.

26-08-2011
V.I.P.

That little black dress is so stylish, sweet with the little collar, and yet sexy with the sheer (sparkly?) waist. She looks very happy. And yeah, Romy is so big!

Thrilled for all the pics: think my withdrawal is abating somewhat. :p

26-08-2011
V.I.P.

FrenchCactus thanks for adding the link as there are so many more lovely photos there, too!

Iwanttobeacoppola

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2014, coppola, july, sofia