How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-07-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild roses View Post
Considering how she uses colour and fashion in her films, I don't see the pink trim as surprising or unexpected. However, I do think it was meant to come across as classier than it looks. Instead of being hip and minimalist, with a pinch of pizazz, it instead looks tacky. But I can't quite pinpoint what about the design makes the pink trim look bad, when it shouldn't.
Exactly! But because of that, to me it looks so right when the bag is next to her... otherwise I don't like it either - it looks hard to pull off on an everyday basis.

27-07-2013

US Elle July 2013
Sofia did this lovely ed in Elle.

Forget Versailles
Photographer: Sofia Coppola
Celeb: Paris Hilton
Styling: Stacy Battat
Hair: Cervando Maldonado
Make-Up: Pati Dubroff
Nails: Nettie Davis

Digital Edition Elle US
Mat Cyruss 40

27-07-2013
backstage pass

It's a hard job making paris hilton not look cheap - I think she did an okay job - the images seemed to be from Hollywood in the 50's 60's

27-07-2013
Vogue Paris Intern

Obviously I'm not a Paris Hilton fan but this is actually good. I hope for Paris's sake that Sofia's class rubbed off a little bit on her

27-07-2013
fashion icon

Sofia made Paris look really good, very classy looking. Also, I have to admit, a small part of me wants those Paris pillows, they are just a riot!

27-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOYD View Post
It's a hard job making paris hilton not look cheap - I think she did an okay job - the images seemed to be from Hollywood in the 50's 60's
Yeah, there's a vintage feeling to these photos that is perhaps what gives Paris a kind of decorum one wouldn't normally associate with her. The two "pink" photos are cheesy, but I guess a couple of those are inevitable. Nice to see static camera work by Sofia.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

28-07-2013
trendsetter

I love how Sofia has always been obsessed by the trappings of the young and rich and beautiful. She always sees and shows them in the most blinding of bright lights, so captivating and so enchanting that you can't help but to love them too - even if they're Paris Hilton. I like the fact that even though Sofia grew up in this world she's still drawn to stars like a moth to a flame. She's human in that respect (just like us!).

02-08-2013
backstage pass

Can someone please identify her diamond necklace - seems heart shaped like the one she had on VOGUE PARIS when she was a guest editor -

Iwanttobeacoopola.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (66.3 KB, 32 views)

05-08-2013
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by newprincesita View Post
She has the knack for making simple luxurious.
I think she has a knack for making the luxurious simple...!

06-08-2013
V.I.P.

^ Either way, it's good!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

20-08-2013
V.I.P.

From the Wall Street Journal: "Sofia Coppola's Favorite Things"

Quote:
"PINK PEONIES ARE my favorite flowers; they remind me of my mother's garden in Napa, where I grew up. She received the vase on her 40th birthday, a gift from some of the crew on Apocalypse Now; she gave it to me on my 40th birthday. The yellow Pelican camera case was a gift from the camera crew on my film Somewhere—I'd been introduced to them by the late cinematographer Harris Savides—and later they worked on The Bling Ring. It reminds me of Harris and my camera team. The photo cube was a gift from photographer Andrew Durham—it's got pictures of my daughter from a trip to Morocco and Portugal when she was a toddler. The Contax T3 is my favorite camera; I use it all the time to take snaps on-set. The sparkling wine, called Sofia, is from my father's winery. When I was a kid he told me he would produce a vintage for me when I turned 21. The Louis Vuitton cherries were part of a display at the Vuitton store in Los Angeles; when they were taking the display down I asked if I could have them. The photograph of Charlotte Rampling was a present from the photographer Helmut Newton, whom I love. I'd written a piece about the image for Vogue, and he sent it to me after he read it. The framed artwork at right (with the words "Cold Beer Beautiful Girls") is by Ed Ruscha; I'd borrowed it to use on the set of Somewhere and ended up buying it. I've loved Steiff bears since I was a child. My husband gave me this one years ago. Now it's in my kids' room. I love that I have an excuse to buy more of them."

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...#ixzz2cX8c0ORq

20-08-2013
backstage pass

^^^awesome thx much for sharing...ahhh Sofia

20-08-2013
fashion icon

That's a very cool list of favorite things! Not the least bit surprised, it's a nice mixture of whimsy and elegant, just like Sofia herself! I'm curious, has anyone ever tried the wine named after her? I love the bottle, it's such a pretty color and design, and I'm wondering if the wine is half as good as the design.

20-08-2013
V.I.P.

I haven't tried the wine named after her yet Yoninah, but I have tried a couple of the Coppola wines, and they are very good!

I love how visual - how connected to photography, in particular - her favourite things are. But they are equally sentimental too, emphasizing family & friends.

20-08-2013
backstage pass

Sophisticated is an understatment to desrcribe her but then she favours things that seem childlike and that trasfers into her movies making her the renowned "Sofia Coppola"

I don't know if this was ever posted- who knew her favorite color is fushi and her favorite movie is sixteen candles

Alovelybeing.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (334.3 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by YOYD; 20-08-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2014, coppola, july, sofia