How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-07-2011
front row

Sofia Coppola (July 2011 - May 2014)
Moderator's Note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please stay on topic!
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here
Thank you!

tommy ton for style.com

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 08-07-2011 at 10:29 AM.

08-07-2011
V.I.P.

So Classic!!!

08-07-2011
V.I.P.

so sweet picture and her outfit is perfection!

08-07-2011
V.I.P.

Love this outfit. My kind of style. Wish there were more candids of her.

08-07-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
p.s. Has Sofia ever looked better? 40 is treating her very well. She is a constant inspiration for me, in terms of her talent, her beauty, her cool and her style.
I could not agree with you more!!! She looks just amazing! Love everything about the outfit, and in the gorup picture the red Sofia for LV bag needs to be mine like now!

08-07-2011
backstage pass

Aw that picture is adorable! She looks lovely too. Her style is my favourite.

08-07-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Wedding dress designer revealed?

Quote:
Azzedine Alaïa is Sofia Coppola’s Wedding Dress Designer!

It’s been a good day for Azzedine Alaïa. Following his debut couture show in Paris this morning, which was shrouded in a Tom Ford level of secrecy (a select handful of press, no images et al) the designer received a mammoth ten minute standing ovation, which only ended when the designer was dragged onto the catwalk by the French minister of culture.

And this afternoon it has emerged that the designer is set to create the wedding dress for Azzedine Alaïa is Sofia Coppola’s Wedding Dress Designer!(one of the select few seen entering the designer’s rue du Moussy HQ this morning) when she marries Thomas Mars this summer. Fashion journalist Jim Shi excitedly tweeted the news, saying ‘Azzedine Alaïa all but confirmed as designer of Sofia Coppola's wedding dress 4 her nuptials 2 Phoenix singer Thomas Mars this summer!’

This is, in many ways, super shocking fashion news – Coppola is a well-known muse to Marc Jacobs, so the smart money would have been on Jacobs designing her dress. Alaïa, however, has designed a brown snakeskin dress for Katie Grand for her wedding in 2009, as well as creating a dress for Stephanie Seymour’s wedding. So we can’t WAIT to see what he has in store for Sofia. That is, if we get to see any picture.
source: grazia

08-07-2011
V.I.P.

The Alaia dress she wore to the Golden Globes is one of her best ever looks. The picture elfenkind posted is actually from the Alaia show.

Two more:

telegraph, getty

08-07-2011
V.I.P.

Alaia just said those, um, interesting things about Anna Wintour, so I wonder if this means Sofia's wedding won't be featured in American Vogue this time?

Kobro22, love the red Sofia LV bag too, but still lust after the charcoal suede one that Sienna Miller carries. Or classic black. Alas, small fortunes.

08-07-2011
V.I.P.

Thanks for posting more pics LolaSvelte. Sofia looks awesome as usual. There is a similar little white blouse by Rag & Bone for sale at lagarconne was looking at yesterday... Maybe have to buy now as inspired.

08-07-2011
Vogue Paris Intern

Le Figaro revealed the Alaia information in today's edition so it must be true. And I loved the Golden Globe look he designed for her too!

08-07-2011
V.I.P.

i seriously can't wait !

08-07-2011
V.I.P.

^me too Im sure it will be exquisite! That last outfit is so modern chic, love the white clutch

08-07-2011
front row

omg her daughter also looks so cute, loved those little flats she's wearing.

08-07-2011
earthbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
Alaia just said those, um, interesting things about Anna Wintour, so I wonder if this means Sofia's wedding won't be featured in American Vogue this time?
Even better, it should be covered by Vogue Paris...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2014, coppola, july, sofia