How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-05-2004
front row

Princess Caroline

24-05-2004
front row

"Hola" cover

24-05-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by Alicia9@May 24th, 2004 - 11:33 am

"Hola" cover
The two little royalties are hillarious!!!!

etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by scandinavianchic@May 24th, 2004 - 5:06 pm
hm, i don't think so... Isn't the man standing near her the Greek king? (maybe it's his wife?)
no, he's not Greece X-king

24-05-2004
trendsetter

Märtha Louise looked stunning as always!

24-05-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by animalnitrate@May 22nd, 2004 - 3:51 pm
well, letizia is 1'68 m... and felipe almost 2 m...
Letizia is 168 with heels or without heels,i read somewhere that she's only 162cm

24-05-2004
etre soi-meme

i just heard on TV that Spanish people dont think Felipe's x-tv-anchor bride is not gifted enough to be their queen

they started their honeymoon in a small village in central Spain and surprise surprise they were all hugs and smiles

24-05-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by mademoisellecoco+May 24th, 2004 - 2:51 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mademoisellecoco @ May 24th, 2004 - 2:51 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-animalnitrate@May 22nd, 2004 - 3:51 pm
well, letizia is 1'68 m... and felipe almost 2 m...
Letizia is 168 with heels or without heels,i read somewhere that she's only 162cm [/b][/quote]
1.68 m without heels...

24-05-2004
windowshopping

i don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but letizia's gown was designed by pertegaz... his last work i think...

24-05-2004
backstage pass

the gown is not entirely the same, but Queen Rania looks actually better in it than Erin on the runway,IMO

24-05-2004
tfs star

Martha Louise has been looking so good lately! Both in this wedding and at the danish wedding! She is adorable

25-05-2004
Mannikin

I thought she looked good. I liked the high-standing collar showing off the bride's looks to perfection. Nothing I would wear though.

25-05-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Juls+May 23rd, 2004 - 2:08 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Juls @ May 23rd, 2004 - 2:08 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Liszs@May 23rd, 2004 - 4:20 am

Quote:
MADRID, SPAIN - MAY 22: Spanish designer Agatha leaves after she attended the wedding ceremony between Spanish Crown Prince Felipe de Bourbon and former journalist Letizia Ortiz at the Almudena cathedral May 22, 2004 in Madrid.
she allways does the same.... I think she will be 80 years old and stille wearing those "whatever" clothes!
By the way I like her bathingsuits and the funny clothes she desinges for kids. [/b][/quote]
it is also her way to protest...
many spaniards are republicans (ie against royalty) and she's wearing the colours of the spanish republican flag (red, yellow and purple).
i love her idea and would have done the same

25-05-2004
front row

Quote:
Originally posted by oanadobre@May 24th, 2004 - 8:47 am
C'mon guys. You keep saying that they looked too serious and didn't show their feelings (the bride and the groom, I mean). I think they are supposed to look like that. They're not Brad and Jennifer or J Lo and Ben Afflek. They are symbols of a very serious institution- hence their formal behaviour. Personally, I would have thought as inappropriate if they had had a long kiss on the mouth in the balcony....
And I actually loved her dress...
something tells me you don't live in spain or any country with a royal family

yes, they are an "institution", and live on OUR money. since spain is a democracy above all, they are commanded to do as the country wishes. they are compelled to be friendly and close to the people that pay for everything they have... kings and queens aren't an "insitution" one has to respect and fear above all anymore. if they are distant from their country, we can vote them out. nowadays they're a simple act of entertainment, they're closer to "jennifer and brad" than you think.

and that stupid, ugly dress cost us over 15,000€, can you believe it?

25-05-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by Purr+May 25th, 2004 - 8:54 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Purr @ May 25th, 2004 - 8:54 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-oanadobre@May 24th, 2004 - 8:47 am
C'mon guys. You keep saying that they looked too serious and didn't show their feelings (the bride and the groom, I mean). I think they are supposed to look like that.* They're not Brad and Jennifer or J Lo and Ben Afflek. They are symbols of a very serious institution- hence their formal behaviour. Personally, I would have thought as inappropriate if they had had a long kiss on the mouth in the balcony....
And I actually loved her dress...
something tells me you don't live in spain or any country with a royal family

yes, they are an "institution", and live on OUR money. since spain is a democracy above all, they are commanded to do as the country wishes. they are compelled to be friendly and close to the people that pay for everything they have... kings and queens aren't an "insitution" one has to respect and fear above all anymore. if they are distant from their country, we can vote them out. nowadays they're a simple act of entertainment, they're closer to "jennifer and brad" than you think.

and that stupid, ugly dress cost us over 15,000€, can you believe it? [/b][/quote]
It is true that I don't live in a monarchic country. I live in Romania- one of the countries with great corruption level. I know a lot about the misuse of public funds- I'm a journalist. However, I think that even royal families are entitled to have their private money and use it the way they wish- even on a 15.000 $ dress.

P.S.: Monarchy is not a result of your democratic wish- the Parliament and (in some countries, Spain included) the prime-minister is. And yes, monarchy IS an institution.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
crown, felipe's, prince, spain's, wedding