How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-07-2011
scenester

*Major laughter* I am not sure people are "f***ing thinking" much when they listen to this music.

08-07-2011
scenester

You have to give her credit.. she copies the 90's grunge and Courtney Love really well!

08-07-2011
backstage pass

I saw her band at a music festival a couple of weeks ago and she wanted 3 girls to come on stage, 2 of them were clearly underage, and they all danced just in their bras I felt very embarrassed for them!
her band sounds great live, though! but when Taylor wasn't singing her voice sounded awful.. I guess she tried to talk in a sexy way, but it sounded rather hooker-ish... so much wasted potential?!

08-07-2011
fashion elite

this is disgusting!

fashion elite

i will be at music festival soon where she will be perform and my friend is planing to visit her solo gig in Moscow. I will post pics and share details with you

btw I ve heard a lot about almost naked girls on the stage and saw the video...hmmm..I still cant take it from Taylor but it was ok for Courtney

V.I.P.

The more ridiculous she gets the more I love her I can't help but be fascinated by such utter trashiness!

08-07-2011
backstage pass

those pics make me feel violated. or something.
that last vid just turned me off her big time. she is so fake i can't stand it. stop trying to be articulate and sound educated about things you don't know anything about!! i mainly dislike when people say 'i love the 60s' like 'the 60s' is a thing.

08-07-2011
scenester

Apparently she has an even greater need for parenting than previously supposed, she was practically twitching in that video. Not sure what was funnier, the wild claims about how awesome/revolutionary her music is, or the fact that she couldn't keep her past/current band members straight. And god, the braids. Worse than the loose ratty extensions. Glad to see she's wearing plenty of SPF at least :-)

And someone should tell her that taking off her clothes and grinding on other underage girls is not going to turn her into a good live performer. Hiring competent sound guys might help, though.

Last edited by vagrants; 08-07-2011 at 05:52 AM.
08-07-2011
backstage pass

Next step: corpse paint
I can't even hear her talk anymore... come on Taylor, give us all the clichees there are! You are practically Dana Duffey.

I seriously consider un-subscribing to this thread. It isn't entertaining anymore - it's just plain awkward... let's see.

Anyway, 23 more peachy pictures from the latest Little Jenny gone wild show can be viewed here: http://www.thesuperficial.com/taylor...-girls-07-2011 I don't wanna post them directly - there are other people in this room here who might think I am a fan or at least a pedophile.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengy View Post
Next step: corpse paint
I can't even hear her talk anymore... come on Taylor, give us all the clichees there are! You are practically Dana Duffey.

I seriously consider un-subscribing to this thread. It isn't entertaining anymore - it's just plain awkward... let's see.

Anyway, 23 more peachy pictures from the latest Little Jenny gone wild show can be viewed here: http://www.thesuperficial.com/taylor...-girls-07-2011 I don't wanna post them directly - there are other people in this room here who might think I am a fan or at least a pedophile.
And you know why it's a clichée? Because everyone does it. The only reason people are outraged by her performances is because she was on a teen TV show before and people want her to be cute innocent little Jenny Humphrey. I've seen so many live performances by female rock singers who did all the stuff Taylor does on stage. Asking girls to get naked, strip on stage, encourage underage drinking, etc. And I've never heard anyone complain about it at those concerts, everyone thought it was so cool and rock 'n' roll. Guys and girls were drooling over how awesome a chick is that can rock this hard and doesn't give a f*ck about anything.

As I've stated before, I in no way think any of the stuff she says is smart or interesting or whatever nor do I like the ways she dresses. But watch an interview with any other angst rock artist and you'll hear the exact same thing, get the exact same bored and too cool for everything attitude. That's just the way it is with those wannabe badass rockstars (and there's LOTS of them). And don't tell me it's more authentic with other artists than with Taylor, it's ALWAYS an act.

I had a hard time accepting the changes she's going through at first, too because I liked the way she was before. But honestly, after over a year of her being like this and people still complaining about it it's getting old, IMO. If you can successfully ignore all the other artists out there who do similar stuff then you might as well do it with Taylor.[/rant]

BTW, can a mod move this conversation to her Rumour Has It thread? It's not really about her style or her music.

Last edited by Psylocke; 08-07-2011 at 07:38 AM.
08-07-2011
V.I.P.

Funny none of the towns where these 'shows' have taken place have seen fit to do anything about it with (lots of) minors involved....

08-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
And you know why it's a clichée? Because everyone does it. The only reason people are outraged by her performances is because she was on a teen TV show before and people want her to be cute innocent little Jenny Humphrey. I've seen so many live performances by female rock singers who did all the stuff Taylor does on stage. Asking girls to get naked, strip on stage, encourage underage drinking, etc. And I've never heard anyone complain about it at those concerts, everyone thought it was so cool and rock 'n' roll. Guys and girls were drooling over how awesome a chick is that can rock this hard and doesn't give a f*ck about anything.

As I've stated before, I in no way think any of the stuff she says is smart or interesting or whatever nor do I like the ways she dresses. But watch an interview with any other angst rock artist and you'll hear the exact same thing, get the exact same bored and too cool for everything attitude. That's just the way it is with those wannabe badass rockstars (and there's LOTS of them). And don't tell me it's more authentic with other artists than with Taylor, it's ALWAYS an act.

I had a hard time accepting the changes she's going through at first, too because I liked the way she was before. But honestly, after over a year of her being like this and people still complaining about it it's getting old, IMO. If you can successfully ignore all the other artists out there who do similar stuff then you might as well do it with Taylor.[/rant]

BTW, can a mod move this conversation to her Rumour Has It thread? It's not really about her style or her music.
Completly agree with you! There are as many "artists" like her as there can be - I might have added that I don't like this kind of behaviour in general (slutty, teenage-rebellion, do something socially provocative to proof your rockenroll attitude to everyone), so it's not just about Taylor and that she does it. I am a big fan of rock music myself and I find such performances awkward in general. I've seen bands like that before on festivals and so on, so yea sure there are multiple performers doing this exact same thing. But I can avoid them cause I don't follow them or get in touch with them on any basis. This is why I should prolly just leave this thread behind
The thing with Taylor is just that I know her from Gossip Girl and find this sudden change so... not authentic? Maybe I am doing her wrong but I think this is why people are talking about it and maybe "dramatise" the whole story so much - cause she was known for being something else before. Which is totally ok, but maybe it puts her in a different position and withdraws her cred.

Anyway! As long as she has fun doing what she does - go for it girl! She apperently likes what she's doing and has no reason to care (which she obviously doesn't do anyway) what people think about it. And regarding her current success it seems to work for her

backstage pass

She amuses me too and I think she has enough potential to back up her act/gimmicks as long as they're her own standards. I was fine with that until she started pretending she's better than other pop artists or hold them to a standard she's yet to meet herself--but still amusing!

Last edited by lawaldorf; 08-07-2011 at 09:42 AM.
08-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katya View Post
this is disgusting!
+1
I am only Coming Heer because i Hope Little J will Be back someday

V.I.P.

I don't care what she does anymore as long as she isn't ruining her career like Lindsay Lohan...as long as she is focused in maintaining her career...Madonna and Paris Hilton were like this once...plus is it really different from the young models we see today. They're always nude...

I just want to see pictures. We get it she's "trash" and "wild". This conversation is getting repetitive but you all have to admit she is HOT!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
momsen, taylor