How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Thandie Newton attends 'Private Lives' Press Night at Kettners on July 3, 2013 in London, England. (Photo by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images)

04-07-2013
V.I.P.

Such a classic, fun and unfussy way to wear a suit. Gorgeous.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Ol Parker and Thandie Newton attend the launch party of Madame Gautier on August 22, 2013 in London, England.

wireimage

She also talked about her past Temperley London looks on their website:

Quote:
Thandie Newton wearing the Ariel Dress from Pre Fall 12 to the Premiere of ‘Good Deeds’ in LA

"I felt amazing in this; chic glamour. Temperley is always classy with a bit of rock and roll"
Quote:
Thandie Newton wearing the Freya Ribbon Dress from SS13 to the BAFTA Tea Party in LA

"I love this powder blue. The sheer panelling gave the Grace Kelly demure quality a sexy edge"

Quote:
THANDIE NEWTON WEARING THE FRANCINE TOP AND FREYA RIBBON SATIN SKIRT FROM SS13 TO THE PHOTO CALL FOR ‘ROGUE’ IN CANNES

"The most glorious t-shirt and skirt ever created"
temperleylondon.com

08-09-2013
V.I.P.

She's expecting her third child! http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...d-child-201389
Quote:
Actress Thandie Newton arrives at the "Half Of A Yellow Sun" Premiere during the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival at the Winter Garden Theatre on September 8, 2013 in Toronto, Canada.

Quote:
Actress Thandie Newton attends Variety Studio At Holt Renfrew during the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival on September 8, 2013 in Toronto, Canada.

zimbio

08-09-2013
V.I.P.

Awesome shoes.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Thandie Newton braves the rain as she films for her show Rogue on Monday (November 18) in Vancouver, Canada.

justjared

She has a website, and she talks about how she styled herself. She even did her makeup and hair for the promo tour; there's a tutorial on the website.

Quote:
I love every aspect of getting ready for a Premiere. It starts a couple of months before when I get a schedule of what appearances I’ll need to attend. The Premiere itself is usually at the end of a week long publicity push – so it’s just one of the looks I’ll need to figure out. A few years ago I decided to style myself for events – mainly because I have strong opinions and also because I enjoy how creative ‘styling’ can be. I don’t go to many Red Carpet Events so it’s manageable. My PA Rosie calls in pieces that I select from the shows (I look at Style.com every few months to keep up to date with new and favourite designers), or I wear vintage. I usually borrow the pieces and return them Cinderella style.

The Rogue Press tour (Direct TVs ‘Audience Network’) earlier this year meant I had to source various looks for red carpet, TV appearances, interviews – roughly 20 looks in all. Kay was unavailable (and too expensive – ha!) to join me on the US portion of the trip (she did the Cannes leg of the tour, see my ‘Proud Pony’ post). So as well as styling, I was taking responsibility for make up and hair too.
More here: http://thandiekay.com/2013/11/19/going-rogue-in-nyc/

Last edited by LolaSvelt; 19-11-2013 at 05:32 PM.
26-01-2014
V.I.P.

Really liking her pregnancy style. She is so low key nowadays.
Quote:
10th January 2014 in London.

Quote:
11th December 2014 in London.

dailymail

27-01-2014
Aby
V.I.P.

^She's gorgeous!

V.I.P.

I love that she styles herself for events, very cool. I don't get the difficulties of dressing oneself.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoedele View Post
I love that she styles herself for events, very cool. I don't get the difficulties of dressing oneself.
Well, I think having a stylist helps actresses get access to certain designers; someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. And Thandie seems quite personally close to a few designers like Stella McCartney and Francisco Costa so she really doesn't need the "middle man" as much as some other actresses, particularly those new to the game, might.

08-04-2014
V.I.P.

Nice to see her again after giving birth. I love her dress.
Quote:
Thandie Newton attends the UK Premiere of 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' at Odeon Streatham on April 8, 2014 in London, England.

zimbio

08-04-2014
front row

Hair

08-04-2014
fashion icon

Ooohh... Thandie looks really wonderful at the premiere of Half of a Yellow Sun, love the whimsical yet sophisticated design on her dress. The film looks so good as well, its got a great cast and an interesting story to tell.

V.I.P.

What a cool dress

V.I.P.

And she just had a baby! She looks great.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
newton, thandie