How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-02-2013
When in doubt, wear red.

Seriously how cool is this video ?? Bowie really is the best.

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 26-02-2013 at 06:52 PM.

26-02-2013
V.I.P.

Well I worship Floria Sigismondi; she's so fabulous with videos, consistently, not to mention other visual artistic work, like her exhibit years back - Come Part Mental. (And I liked what she did with the Runaways too)

And then throw Swinton and Bowie into the mix. It's Style & Coolness overload!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
27-02-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Tilda Swinton is Chanel's latest muse

Actress Tilda Swinton has been chosen by Chanel creative director Karl Lagerfeld to front the campaign for the brand's latest Métiers d'Art collection, Paris-Edimbourg.

The 52-year-old actress has been chosen as the face of the French fashion house's pre-fall Paris-Edimbourg collection, which was showcased at Linlithgow Palace last December.

"Tilda perfectly embodies the Paris-Edimbourg collection. She is of course Scottish, but more than that she is a modern woman, a timeless icon of elegance," declared Karl Lagerfeld, creative director of Chanel.

Though Swinton was born and bred in England, her father was a member of the Scots Guards and later Lord Lieutenant of Berwickshire, her paternal great-grandfather was Scottish politician, and her maternal great-great-grandfather was Scottish botanist John Hutton Balfour. She now resides in Nairn, overlooking the Moray Firth in the Highland region of Scotland with her twin sons and artist partner Sandro Kopp and has often spoken of her love for the country.

The Cambridge-educated actress won an Oscar in 2007 for her role in Michael Clayton , and is known for her alternative personal style.

The campaign, which was shot by Lagerfeld at the Château d'Ecouen, a Renaissance-period castle located near Chantilly, France, will appear in fashion publications from June.
fashion.telegraph.co.uk

28-02-2013
V.I.P.

^this should be epic because tilda is epic but the photographer is karl so i think i will tune down my excitement till i see the campaign

28-02-2013
fashion icon

After watching that music video it just makes so much sense that David Bowie and Tilda would collaborate, they are like a perfect match. Tilda looks amazing in the video, the whole thing is wonderful, but of course I especially love the clothes she wore (especially the number that she wears in the grocery store). And it's an interesting commentary on the notion of celebrity, leave it to Bowie to make you think!

Tilda fronting a campaign for Chanel sounds like the most innovative thing the house has done in seasons! Even though I wasn't crazy about that collection I'm looking forward to seeing the ads.

backstage pass

tilda for chanel!!! that's one of the most exciting news i hear recently!

01-03-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Tilda is so much cooler than Chanel's clothes at the moment, I'm sure it will turn out fine, but I'm not excited about the pairing.

01-03-2013
Stitch:the Hand

^i have to agree with you there heatheranne....tilda just doesn't strike me as this current incarnate of a chanel face. she's so much cooler and has worn cooler stuff in recent months. to tell you the truth i could see her more as a dior girl than chanel simply because she fits raf simons' aesthetic more.

02-03-2013
Ère de ℳodernité

She was at the Acne show in Paris and I saw her and her boyfriend. What a stunning woman, I was amazed!

Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Tilda is so much cooler than Chanel's clothes at the moment, I'm sure it will turn out fine, but I'm not excited about the pairing.
I'd agree completely if this was for another collection, but i think she's just PERFECT for the pre-fall with all the scottish (costumey) gowns. to me she looks amazing already in that on-set photo. i can't wait to see the full result

02-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Tilda Swinton arriving for the Acne Studios fall-winter 2013/2014 Ready To Wear collection show held at the Grand Palais in Paris on March 2, 2013.

zimbio

V.I.P.

And she was at Haider Ackermann, of course!

http://instagram.com/p/WWcmVlHgdh/

Stitch:the Hand

i love what she's wearing too. just so classic and put together but always unpretentiously nonchalant.

02-03-2013
V.I.P.

She's amazingly beautiful and stylish - wow!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
02-03-2013
V.I.P.

I'm the only one who thinks she doesn't suit Chanel?
I don't see anything in common between her style and the actual Chanel.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
swinton, tilda