How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-03-2013
Stitch:the Hand

only the chanel that coco envisioned but not the current karl aesthetic.

03-03-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForChicSake View Post
^this should be epic because tilda is epic but the photographer is karl so i think i will tune down my excitement till i see the campaign
Haha. Agree 100%!

V.I.P.

Bulgari And Purple Magazine Party

getty/vogue.es

04-03-2013
V.I.P.

Roger Vivier - Cocktail - PFW F/W 2013

getty

05-03-2013
V.I.P.

Pringle Of Scotland - Archive Collection Presentation - PFW F/W 2013

getty

05-03-2013
V.I.P.

Oh, how I've longed to see Tilda in a gown again.

06-03-2013
V.I.P.

She just exudes peace and confidence. And so the way she wears clothes, any clothes really, is regal. What a presence this woman has!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
06-03-2013
front row

YES YES YES! Goddess

20-03-2013
fashion insider

Can this woman get any more PERFECT!!! Jesus Christ!!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Tilda Swinton attends the private view of 'David Bowie Is' at Victoria & Albert Museum on March 20, 2013 in London, England.

zimbio

23-03-2013
V.I.P.

Uh...good for her, I guess.

Quote:
As if starring in David Bowie music videos wasn't already the coolest, Tilda Swinton has currently taken up residency sleeping at MoMA. It's part of an unannounced, surprise performance piece called "The Maybe" that will be taking place on random days all month. A MoMA source told us, "Museum staff doesn't know she's coming until the day of, but she's here today. She'll be there the whole day. All that's in the box is cushions and a water jug."

Quote:
"Tilda Swinton will be doing unannounced, random performance art pieces sleeping in a glass box in the museum," the source added. "Today is the first performance. Each performance lasts the whole day the museum is open." Swinton and her box are located near the ticket collectors today, but the box may be in different locations at other performances.
"The Maybe" was first performed in London in 1995 at the Serpentine Gallery; Swinton conceived the performance piece, and asked artist Cornelia Parker to collaborate on the installation. Swinton later re-performed the piece in the Museo Barracco in Rome. Here's what the museum has to say about the piece:
An integral part of The Maybe's incarnation at MoMA in 2013 is that there is no published schedule for its appearance, no artist's statement released, no no museum statement beyond this brief context, no public profile or image issued. Those who find it chance upon it for themselves, live and in real—shared—time: now we see it, now we don't.
For more awesome Swinton action, check out the speech about Bowie that she gave at the opening of the huge Victoria and Albert Museum "David Bowie Is" exhibit this week.

gothamist

I wish I could see this.

23-03-2013
Ère de ℳodernité

^ I do too, she's so great.

Stitch:the Hand

i just saw the news about this....i wish myself.

i really like the synopsis behind it.....it's poetic without being smug or pretentious.

23-03-2013
V.I.P.

how cool but i could never do that, small spaces and i don't get along

26-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
AS the female lead in man-of-the-moment David Bowie's latest video, Tilda Swinton's take on androgynous beauty is now more relevant than ever (surely she's the perfect Bowie woman?). At the singer's exhibition opening at the V&A this week, Swinton called upon Chanel make-up artist Lesley Chilkes to create the perfect look for the occasion.

"Tilda likes to have a simple look, sometimes with an accentuation of the lips. She doesn't like to wear mascara and as she's so pale any small amount of make-up can look very heavy, especially around the eyes," Chilkes said. "I've worked with her for many years so I know the basics of what she likes and we decide together whether there should be a lip colour or more blusher, for example, depending on the outfit and the event."

But whilst Swinton often chooses a neutral lip colour, Chanel Rouge Allure in Extatique was chosen thanks to a tip from an unexpected source.

"For the David Bowie exhibition Tilda wore an outfit by Haider Ackermann in browns, gold and tweed. Haider was with us when she was getting ready and suggested that a light candy pink lipstick would work well with his outfit," she said. "We have never used a candy pink colour on Tilda before but it worked wonderfully giving her a look that was fresh and clean but with a twist."

And Chilkes' secret for creating that almost ethereal beauty?

"I put Vaseline on the end of her eye lashes to open up her eyes and make them shine," she revealed. "I filled in her eyebrows with Chanel Sculpting eyebrow pencil and put Chanel Illuminating powder on her eyelids and her cheekbones. Then I used Chanel Powder Blush Rose Petale on her cheeks, blending it in so that there was a subtle hint of pink."
vogue.co.uk

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
swinton, tilda