How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-12-2010
V.I.P.

Zac Efron Nominated For People’s Choice Award

Zac Efron has been nominated to the 2010 People’s Choice Awards. Zac is nominated in the following category:

Favourite Movie Star Under 25:
• Emma Watson
• Kristen Stewart
• Robert Pattinson
• Vanessa Hudgens
• Zac Efron

Click here to vote for Zac Efron! The gala will air live from the Nokia Theater L.A. Live on Wednesday, 5 January 2011 at 9PM ET/PT on CBs

11-12-2010
V.I.P.

New Stills From “The Lucky One”
I have added two brand new stills of Zac Efron from his newest movie, “The Lucky One,” out in 2012! Enjoy the pics!
zac-efron.us

V.I.P.

Zac Efron Not Starring In “Akira”
Zac Efron is reportedly not in the running to star in a live-action adaptation of “Akira.” Several news outlets reported last week that the “High School Musical” star was offered the lead role in the project. However, representatives for the Hughes Brothers, who are directing the movie, have said that the rumours about Efron playing the lead role in “Akira” are not true. Leonardo DiCaprio is producing the project.

V.I.P.

Zac Efron Looks Gloomy In ‘The Lucky One’ Pictures

Zac Efron is currently in production of “The Lucky One” and he has been recently spotted while filming the movie. The actor hid his bulked-up muscle in a T-shirt while standing behind a pickup truck. His face showed no sign of cheer and, in one of the pictures, he even looked sweaty and exhausted.

In the film, Efron takes the lead role of U.S. Marine Sergeant Logan Thibault who has survived three tours of duty in Iraq and attributes his good luck to a photograph he carried of a woman, whom he doesn’t even know. When he returns to the States, he will seek out the girl and later they develop a relationship.

Taylor Schilling is the lucky one who will star opposite Efron as the woman he believes was his good luck charm. The drama is based on Nicholas Sparks’ best seller “The Lucky One” which is turned into a screenplay by Douglas McGrath and Will Fetters. Scott Hicks directs the movie for Warner Bros.

V.I.P.

Efron’s “Charlie St. Cloud” Hits DVD

Zac Efron, a heartthrob for millions of teenaged girls in the U.S. and Canada, is on a nakedly ambitious push towards leading man status. That is the motivation behind his title role in the melodrama “Charlie St. Cloud,” which arrived on DVD and Blu-ray this week.

“This is his passage into being a leading man,” says filmmaker Burr Steers, who directed Efron in both “Charlie St. Cloud” and last year’s “17 Again.”

Efron, a Californian, turned 23 on Oct. 18. “Charlie St. Cloud” focuses on a former high school student in the U.S. Pacific Northwest (although the movie was shot in British Columbia). Just after graduation and before he attends university, Charlie is a driver in a horrific car accident which claims his 11-year-old brother Sam. Even though he is not responsible, Charlie spends the next five years grieving, emotionally paralyzed. He is resigned to a life of drudgery in the graveyard where Sam is buried – and near where he visits Sam daily to play catch, apparently in a spirit world. But a new crisis gives Charlie a chance to redeem himself.

“It’s challenging material,” producer Marc Platt says in the featurette, “Zac Efron: Leading Man,” which is among extras on both the DVD and Blu-ray.

Efron debuted briefly as young Simon in Joss Whedon’s “Firefly” series in 2002. He became a star as the lead in Disney’s “High School Musical” trilogy from 2006-08. His first substantial dramatic role came in Richard Linklater’s “Me and Orson Welles” in 2008, as a romantic rival to Welles for the leading lady.

Then came “17 Again.”

“We were very conscious that ’17 Again’ was an incremental step away from the ‘High School Musicals’,” Steers says. “But, still, it was a comedy.”

“Charlie St. Cloud” is different. “It’s a huge role for Zac,” says actress Amanda Crew, his on-screen love interest, “and I am extremely excited for him.” Efron’s performance is good, although not great, because he gets too overwrought emotionally. “I immediately felt a connection to Charlie,” he says of his interest in the role.

“Charlie St. Cloud” generated a modest $44.5 million worldwide, according to Box Office Mojo. But the DVD and Blu-rays are expected to do better, giving the charming Efron a wider, slightly older audience, especially because his “High School Musical” fans are growing up with him.

V.I.P.

Zac Efron Has A Crush On Angelina Jolie
Zac Efron took a break from his busy filming schedule to sit down with us for an exclusive chat. In our video, Zac reveals who he’d hang out with in high school (funny guys like Will Ferrell and Seth Rogen) and that Angelina Jolie is on his celebrity crush list. Zac also mentioned one other leading lady he’s crushing on – and it’s not gf Vanessa Hudgens. Watch the video to find out who it is
http://www.zac-efron.us/#ooid=VkZWR0...BtzXDVJtTTNAVw

Last edited by Kenysha75; 11-12-2010 at 08:13 AM.
11-12-2010
V.I.P.

Zac Efron On The Set Of “The Lucky One”

I have added several pictures of Zac Efron on the set of “The Lucky One.” Enjoy!
zac-efron.us

V.I.P.

Zac Efron On The Set Of “The Lucky One”
zac-efron.us

V.I.P.

Zac Chooses Roles Based On Advice From Leonardo

It is being reported that Zac Efron has made some decisions about his movies based on the opinion of actor Leonardo DiCaprio. Zac was up for the role of “Superman,” but Leonardo gave him advice not to take the role. One source reported:

“Zac feels he’s very much following in the footsteps of Leo and respects his opinion. He didn’t turn ‘Superman’ down because of him but Leo was unsure whether it would be the best move for him. It’s a massive franchise. Zac is now chasing more dramatic roles in independent movies.”

Zac and Leo became friends after they had seats next to each other at a basketball game and Leo invited Zac over to hang out the next day.

V.I.P.

Zanessa Caught Kissing In Waikiki
Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens were spotted kissing in Waikiki on 28 November 2010. These pictures are the proof that Zac actually flew to Hawaii and spent Thanksgiving with Vanessa. Enjoy the pics!

zac-efron.us

V.I.P.

Zanessa Caught Kissing In Waikiki
zac-efron.us

V.I.P.

Zac & Vanessa Not Hosting The US Version Of “X Factor”
Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens will not be hosting the US version of “The X Factor,” their reps have confirmed. The Hollywood couple were recently rumoured to be the favourites to host the talent show when music mogul Simon Cowell takes it to the US next year. A report in UK newspaper News Of The World claimed the British host Dermot O’Leary was being overlooked for a role on the US show.

An insider claimed: “Dermot will be completely distraught. He spent months in America lobbying to get this job. He held out a lot of hope. But he can’t compete with Zac and Vanessa. They are two of the biggest stars in the States and will make American X Factor the biggest show in the world.”

However a rep for Hudgens has denied the report to Gossip Cop and said the rumours about the pair of them hosting the show are “not true.

V.I.P.

Zac Efron Drama ‘Die In A Gunfight’ To MRC
Media Rights Capital is negotiating to acquire “Die in a Gunfight,” a script by fresh-from-NYU scribes Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari that has Zac Efron attached to play a fight-prone and death-obsessed young society man who pursues a romance with the daughter of his father’s enemy.

The film will be produced by Mark Gordon Co’s Mark Gordon and Jennifer Todd, with Efron and Jason Barrett executive producers through Efron’s Ninjas Runnin’ Wild banner. Allyson Seeger and Jason Young will be co-producers. The writers are repped by WME and Prolific while Efron’s CAA and Alchemy.

V.I.P.

Zac Efron Watches Basketball Game
Zac Efron was spotted watching a basketball game in New Orleans on 8 December 2010. Enjoy the pics!

zac-efron.us

V.I.P.

Lea Michele & Zac Efron to Star in 'New Years Eve' Movie?

Lea Michele is in talks to star in the ensemble romantic comedy New Years Eve, which will be the follow up to this year’s Valentine’s Day, according to E!

The film has not yet been green-lit, but director Garry Marshall (Pretty Women, The Princess Diaries) wants Lea “big-time.”

Other actors that Garry is going after for the film include Zac Efron, Reese Witherspoon, Halle Berry, and teen superstar Justin Bieber.

Lea is currently featured on the cover of GQ with her Glee co-stars Dianna Agron and Cory Monteith, which has caused controversy with some calling the spread inappropriate.

justjared.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
efron, zac