How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-10-2010
front row

he great i like his style

01-10-2010
V.I.P.

i usually love a beard on guys but it looks terrible on him
and i love his saggy pants

04-10-2010
V.I.P.

September 23 – Leaving Urban Outfitters In Los Angeles

Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens were spotted leaving Urban Outfitters in Los Angeles on 23 September 2010. Enjoy the pics!

According to the reports, Zac spotted a photographer and yelled at Vanessa, “run to the car.” The couple ran out the back door and jumped into a white Audi SUV. Vanessa used her hand to cover up her face, while Zac ducked down in full disguise black beanie, mirrored sunglasses, beard and mustache. Zac’s pants were sagging and almost falling off his butt.
zac-efron.us

04-10-2010
V.I.P.

September 23 – Leaving Urban Outfitters In Los Angeles
zac-efron.us

04-10-2010
V.I.P.

Daybreak Promo

Enjoy watching a promotional video of Zac Efron appearing at British’s “Daybreak.” The full programme will air on 28 September 2010.

04-10-2010
V.I.P.

Noah Oppenheim To Write “Snabba Cash” Remake
Noah Oppenheim is set to write the remake of the acclaimed Swedish crime thriller “Snabba Cash.” The story centers on a man living a double-life as a coke dealer. Oppenheim first generated attention when Steven Spielberg cast his eye on Oppenheim’s script about Jackie Kennedy’s life in the days following JFK’s assassination. In addition to reporting that Oppenheim will pen the remake of “Snabba Cash,” 24 Frames confirms that Rachel Weisz is attached to play Jackie and that Darren Aronofsky is on board to direct.

The Swedish version of “Snabba Cash” will be distributed in the U.S. under the far more generic title “Easy Money” even though it’s so much more fun to say “Snabba Cash
.”

04-10-2010
V.I.P.

“Daybreak” Interview
Enjoy watching Zac Efron who was interviewed for “Daybreak.”

11-10-2010
V.I.P.

Interview: Zac Efron
The people who made “The Death And Life Of Charlie St. Cloud” know why we’re here – and they don’t hang about giving it to us. Right from the opening credits, Zac Efron is swinging around a boat, hair artfully tousled and his tight muscles misted with something that could be sweat but is more like dew.

So Zac, I say to the current dreamboat du jour, do you, like me, ever wonder if your good looks have held back your career? It speaks well of him that he immediately laughs at this.

“It’s a big part of why I’m here, and a big part of why my fans come to my films,” he says easily. “I used to get into those conversations all the time, but now I have this ugly beard so it’s slowing down.”

The beard in question is a scruffy musketeer moustache and goatee that he slyly says “could be” for a film role, before adding: “Really I’m just testing out – how do you know what a beard will look like unless you grow one? And also to set fire to the internet!”

He may joke but, when Googled, the beard has generated hundreds of debates including a poll at UsMagazine.com, where 8,800 signed in to vote down the Efron facial topiary. People over the age of 20 without kids may be puzzled by the intense debate as to whether a nice, polite 22-year-old should stay beardless, but the girls outside his hotel spent the night on the street in the hope of seeing him (they did), and hearts were broken when he recently finally admitted – reluctantly – that “High School Musical” co-star Vanessa Hudgens is his girlfriend of three years.

Doesn’t this relentless, full-on attention drive him a bit mad? “You have to have a ninja mentality,” says Efron, who named his new production company Ninja Running. “There’s a way to sneak in and out of places. You just have to be smart about it.” A few weeks ago, he adds, he managed to enjoy a night out by shinning down the drainpipe of his hotel without the waiting paparazzi noticing.

No-one really prepared him for this kind of focus. “For me it was on-the-job training, and you just sink or swim. You learn to never take it too seriously because it’s going to be gone some day.”

Efron is so lusted after by women that comic book writer Mark Millar admits he campaigned for Efron to play the superhero geek in the movie version of Kick-***.

“My entire idea was that any guy would pay $10 to see someone beat the **** out of Zac Efron,” said Millar. Efron not only accepts the backhanded compliment, but is deft enough to throw in a story of his own.

“Right when ‘High School Musical’ was getting popular, one of my cousins very excitedly told me that there was a huge I Hate Zac Efron club at his school. I’m sure they’re doing great.”More power to them."

As well as using humility to defuse schadenfreude, Efron comes across as a genial, hard-working young man who is only slightly impatient with his part-time job as a teen heart-throb. He frets about sounding arrogant in interviews - "I have a lot to l

earn," he assures me, fervently and frequently.

He says he tries to avoid saying things that attract gossip. "I get asked about other actors and celebrities, and I've noticed that people who make the cool movies and stick around tend not to be the ones who are famous for their personal lives. And my personal life isn't that interesting anyway."

It started getting interesting when he was 16. Before then Efron was living at home, and twice a month his mother would drive him 145 miles to auditions in Los Angeles. He got a few bit parts on TV shows but if he couldn't get more regular work he was going to head to university. He was just about to buy his folders and files when an actor friend told him he'd tried out for a Disney musical. "The only thing that separates me from a few hundred other brown-haired, blue-eyed actors is that audition," he says. "I never forget that."

Trying to get us to forget High School Musical may be more difficult. He's always careful to acknowledge the career break he got by playing a sporty student with a bowl haircut who just wants to save money for college and sing about it to his mathlete girlfriend, but at 22 he's keen to move on. His next few roles will determine if he stays a teen idol or becomes a star that adults without kids could recognise. He turned down a remake of Footloose, the 80s high school musical, to free up time for more mature films such as Charlie St Cloud and Richard Linklater's period piece about an aspiring actor, Me And Orson Welles.

The road from tween idol is a perilous path, littered with the failed attempts of previous dreamboats du jour. Does anyone still take David Cassidy's calls? Me And Orson Welles won plaudits but modest box-office success so there's a lot riding on the soft-focus Charlie St Cloud. The director is Burr Steers, who directed Efron before in last year's age-switch comedy 17 Again, as well as the superior 2002 black comedy Igby Goes Down, and for the first time Efron plays someone his own age, struggling with the death of his younger brother (Charlie Tahan).

"The emotional aspects really rang true to me," says Efron. "Having left home at 17, I've been on the road ever since and I left my brother Dylan behind. Suddenly, my little bro is fending for himself in high school and I'm not there to guide him through that whole thing. Now he's 18 and going to college so he's not my little brother any more, but we're starting to become even better friends than we were."

By the time Dylan finishes his freshman year, his big brother will have made two more films, including a rumoured Nicholas Sparks project in which he plays an Iraq veteran who falls for two women.

But the career he'd most like at the moment, he says, is that of his girlfriend Vanessa, who he visited on the set of her new action movie Sucker Punch. "I watched her beating the hell out of stunt guys," he says. "She's incredible - but at the same time I was so jealous because it looked so cool."

Adult screams instead of teen shrieks? No-one seems more eager to grow up than Efron.

The Death And Life Of Charlie St Cloud is on general release from Friday

Last edited by Kenysha75; 11-10-2010 at 01:26 PM.

11-10-2010
V.I.P.

T4: Zac Efron Interview

11-10-2010
V.I.P.

Filmclub Interview

11-10-2010
V.I.P.

Zanessa: Cutest Couple Award
The Australians have had their say on the lives and world of the rich and famous, with the 2010 Australian Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards. This awards ceremony is aimed at children and teenagers, and is one of Australia’s only chances to have any input into their favorite television, movie, music and famous celebrity.

Australia voted Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens as the cutest couple. The ‘High School Musical’ stars beat ‘Twilight’ stars Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart for this award, with newly-married couple Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr as well as newly-reconciled pair Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus also in the running.

The event was held at the Sydney Entertainment Center on Friday October 8. It’s all just a bit of fun and games for the celebrities and the kids of Australia who rarely get a chance to see their favourite stars.

11-10-2010
V.I.P.

Zac Efron Tackles Emotional New Film Role
“High School Musical” star Zac Efron has left his teen movie days behind him in his new, emotionally charged film, “The Death And Life Of Charlie St Cloud.” The 22-year-old actor plays a young man overcome by grief at the death of his little brother. He described how he drew on personal experience to help him play a more emotional role.

11-10-2010
V.I.P.

The 5:19 Show
Moderator's Note: New thread here.

Zac Efron appeared at “The 5:19 Show” on 29 September 2010
zac-efron.us

Last edited by MulletProof; 21-11-2010 at 05:52 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, 2010, august, efron, november, zac