How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-04-2011
fashion elite

I love camel coat on her

01-04-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbabe09 View Post
Are her shoes Manolos in that last picture? Can anyone tell?

no i believe they're Alex Wang Fall 2011. I know because I've been eyeing the very same pair she has on on Vogue.com since the day of the show! LOL

01-04-2011
scenester

Zoe Kravitz is in Company Magazine's April edition:

(Don't currently have access to a scanner so i took a picture and typed out the article)

''dad told me not to take things too seriously''

It's tough being 'just another rock star's daughter', which is why Zoe Kravitz is so much more than that...

Job description: model/singer/actress. With Lenny Kravitz and Lisa Bonet as parents, Zoe clearly ha a head-start in showbiz.But don't write her off as another celebrity offspring just yet - she's actually pretty good at everything (sickening, we know!).
She filmed her first two movies alongside Catherine Zeta Jones and Jodie Foster, while studying for finals at high school. She's appeared in a Jay-Z video and has sung alongside Will.i.am. Oh, and did we mention the fact that she's modelled in Alexander Wang's campaigns and is the face of three Vera Wang fragrances - Princess, Glam Princess and now Preppy Princess? It seems the only thing this 22-year-old hasn't done is bad rock-star-daughter-antics.
So have her parents given her any good advice? ''They just told me not to get too swallowed up by the industry, not to take it too seriously. But they've also been really encouraging and told me to follow my dreams,'' she says.
With a role in this year's hottest film, X-Men: First Class, as superhero Angel Salvadore, Zoe's about to become a household name herself. When we caught her on the phone (10pm UK time, 2pm LA time), she was basking in 85 degree sunshine while we had the heating up full blast.
''I was in London filming for four months and it was starting to get really cold so I feel your pain,'' she sympathises. Beautiful, cool, stylish and super-nice, Zoe K talks music, learning to fly and going to festivals with her dad...

We're guessing you grew up backstage at your dad's concerts?
Yeah, I'd go on tour with him. He also took me to festivals and all kinds of concerts when I was younger. I love music and try to dedicate my summers to travelling and seeing bands. Last year, I went to Coachella (in California), V Festival, which was awesome and Bonnaroo (in Chicago) for the first time. But the one I really want to go to is Glastonbury. I've never been but I've heard it's absolutely insane!

You sound pretty clued-up...So, what kind of music are you into at the moment?
I've been listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Radiohead and The Black Keys.

This is the third campaign you've fronted for Vera Wang fragrances - what's your signature scent?
The cool thing about fragrances is that it triggers memories. You might not see someone for a long time but then you'll catch a hint of the scent they wear and it will remind you of them. What I like about Vera's fragrances is that they're all pretty subtle - I'm not a fan of overpowering perfumes. The new Preppy fragrance is definitely my favourite because it's cooler, less floral and feels a bbit more grown up.

What scent triggers memories for you then?
I'm definitely reminded of different moments by the scent in the air. I know it's going to sound cheesy, but to me summer and winter smell different - maybe I can smell the cold! Speaking of cold I've just spent four months in London shooting at Pinewood studios.

Brrrrr - what do you think of the UK?
I'm totally a city girl. London reminds me a lot of New York and the way of living there, which I love. I found it very easy to get on with the people I met and I like the buzzy vibe - there's always something to do!

So where did you hang out?
I loved all the pubs in east London. But I was actually staying west in Notting Hill, so I saw both sides of the city. I went to Portobello market like every day!

Any tips for picking up a bargain?
Go early on Friday mornings and always barter. I got some long white Victorian with detailing on - they're beautiful.

What are your style tips?
Mixing something high-end with a casual tee will make it interesting. But in London it wasn't all shopping - honest! I was training hard for the film too...

I'd imagine getting fit enough for X-Men was pretty tough...
I'd never really worked out before so I had to start from scratch. I needed a really strong core because I do a lot of action sequences that are filmed using wires, which mean hanging from a harness for hours. I trained three or for times a week at Bodysim in Kensington, plus I was on a programme which involved eating lots of vegetables and lean protein and doing circuit training. I also drank Bodysim Body Brilliance shakes, which were like a power-shot of organic veg, green tea and anti-oxidents to help me detox and burn fat.

So it's like a superhero's routine?
Ha ha yeah, I guess! It was fun, they got me in the best shape I've been in - super-toned and muscular but not too skinny - just like a superhero!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00257[1].jpg (473.2 KB, 7 views)

trendsetter

Apologies if this has already been posted!
http://www.itsasickness.com/lounge

22-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Zoe Kravitz attends the Juror Welcome Lunch At The 2011 Tribeca Film Festival at Tribeca Lofts on April 21, 2011 in New York City.

Quote:
Zoe Kravitz attends the opening night premiere of "The Union" at the 2011 Tribeca Film Festival at North Cove at World Financial Center Plaza on April 20, 2011 in New York City.

tlfan

V.I.P.

that hair
she reminds me a little of rashida jones there ...

22-04-2011
V.I.P.

Her face is so beautiful, but she needs to trash those shoes ASAP!

But I'm glad that she's getting a lot of roles. We need more young, black actresses in Hollywood.

22-04-2011
fashion elite

She looks cool...i like the outfit. Zoe is one of the few people that look better with hair extensions...her hair is so wirey

22-04-2011
rising star

I really like the stripes on stripes look.

26-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Zoe Kravitz attends the CHANEL Tribeca Film Festival artisits dinner at The Odeon on April 25, 2011 in New York City.

tlfan

Are Zoe and Rose having a non-smiling competition in the first two pictures?

V.I.P.

oh my, have no words

V.I.P.

^That's because there are no words.

26-04-2011
front row

I never realized that she had freckles on her nose.

27-04-2011
void( )

this is.. horrible. the whole thing.

V.I.P.

anothermag

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kravitz, zoe