Zoe Saldana - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
01-08-2014
V.I.P.

Zoe Saldana wraps her arms around the hunky Chris Pratt in this exclusive new pic from the latest edition of the Just Jared Spotlight Series.

Zoe Saldana Interview

Quote:
JJ: Were you a fan of the Marvel franchise prior to signing on to Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy? Were you familiar with the comics?

ZS: No, I was not familiar with them. I didn’t grow up with an affinity for reading comic books. I grew up in an all girls environment. That said though, I’ve always had an affinity for unimaginable stories; simple stories that are told in unimaginable places. That obviously enters the category of science fiction and that’s where Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy comes in.

JJ: Talk about the character. What was it about her that you connected with in terms of fleshing her out?

ZS: I don’t have anything similar to Gamora, obviously, but I was very moved by her being an orphan and being taken violently from her home and being subjected to a life of violence. Therefore, she grows up to be this stealth assassin. But she has a heart of gold and really just wants to break away and become free.

JJ: What has it been like working with Chris Pratt?

ZS: I have so much respect for what Chris has done because it’s like how I feel about the craft as well. If you want something really bad and you understand this character, then that means that you’re willing to assume any responsibility or duty that comes with it. And Chris has definitely embodied that role. I have a lot of respect for that. He’s a very considerate and serious actor who understands what he has to do for a part and he’s willing to put the work into it.

JJ: We see some great banter between the two characters, but your first encounter is an action scene. Talk to me about the physicality of the role.

ZS: Their first encounter is rough. Gamora really raises the bar for Quill to catch up. They’re sworn enemies and they’re after what they want, so they’re going to be fierce creatures about it. So you’re meeting them at their best and at their worst and that’s what I love most about that scene, when they meet at the shopping district in Xandar. When it comes to training, I am getting older, so it’s becoming a little like homework. But I like it…as a woman who grew up loving action movies and films that were set in supernatural, unimaginable places. I take being a woman in the film industry who is able to do action movies very seriously because I’m making the kind of movies that I wanted to watch as I was a kid and that inspired me and are the reason as to why I am here. I really hope that this raises the bar and also sets a standard for the future generations of women who want to pursue a life in this profession. They don’t have to just be the damsels in distress. They can actually do a Marvel movie and play a badass character if they’re willing to put the work into it because it’s tons of fun. The reward is better than getting compliments like, “Oh you look so good in that movie.” But hearing, “You kicked *** in that movie,” that’s different. Women are meant to be pretty but we’re not really meant to be powerful. So when I am considered powerful with what I do, I regard that very seriously.

JJ: Talk about your makeup process. Were there any challenges?

ZS: It’s a 5 a.m. pick-up, then five hours of make-up and prosthetics. It was challenging because we were trying to find the right green for Gamora. We wanted something that wouldn’t put people off but was also vibrant and youthful and would engage people without losing the element that she is an alien. And once we find the right color, how do we make it stay without hurting my skin? When I tried on the wardrobe, it rubbed the makeup off because you’re using leathers and fabrics that make the body sweat. Fortunately, we were working with the most amazing people, who have done Marvel movies before and also have done special effects makeup and have worked with different types of skin. So any kind of inquiry that we had was easily solved just with the desire to reach that solution and that to me was amazing. I didn’t really have to worry at all when it came to this movie.
justjared.com

01-08-2014
V.I.P.

Some Recent candids In HQ's

Out in Santa Monica-June 16th,2014

Out in Beverly Hills-June 13th,2014

purepeople

01-08-2014
V.I.P.

HQ's
Out in Los Angeles-June 29th,2014

purepeople

04-08-2014
V.I.P.

HQ's Adds
Zoe shows her stripes while stopping for groceries at Whole Foods market on Monday (July 14) in Studio City, California.

purepeople

posh24

04-08-2014
V.I.P.

^
+These from (justjared)

HQ's
Zoe Holds Her Stomach on July 21, 2014, Los Angeles, California, USA.

bellazon

04-08-2014
trendsetter

Her street style is really great.

05-08-2014
front row

I am really loving every single outfit. Her pregnancy style is on point.

06-08-2014
V.I.P.

Cosmopolitan Latinas September 2014

fashiongonerogue.com

06-08-2014
V.I.P.

Women's Health Magazine [United Kingdom] (September 2014)

whosdatedwho

V.I.P.

Zoe Saldana, 36, took a leisurely walk with her dog in Franklin Canyon Park in Beverly Hills

zimbio.com

10-08-2014
V.I.P.

Zoe Saldana headed out for a girls shopping trip on Saturday at Barneys New York in Beverly Hills

dailymail.co.uk

11-08-2014
V.I.P.

at the private party (August 10) in Brentwood, Calif.

dailymail.co.uk

11-08-2014
trendsetter

So pretty!!

12-08-2014
V.I.P.

justjared.com

12-08-2014
V.I.P.

dailymail.co.uk

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags